A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
789 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: awesome college kids swap?!?!  (Read 5959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

disaster308
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2005 02:07:24 PM »

mine is finally sent as well. been sick the past couple of days, but i mustered up the strength to get to the post office today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2005 08:29:37 PM »

pictures at last!
Note: All the pirate stuff is because I helped start Alpha Rho Rho the co-ed pirate sorority

Everything all togeather 2 books (one on pirates!), koolaid, a fantabulous stuffed parrot, angry Scotsman gum, a variety of teas, 3 pens with piratical sayings, 1 pen with embroidery floss decoration, and 1 (yet awesome) pen, a pair of earrings, a horse shoe charm, a tiny felt parrot charm!, and a tin of amazing cookies with recipe

cookies! Which were pretty much in this state when they arrived except the tin was much more full, even all crumbly they were amazing and I plan on making some as soon as possible

Close up of the parrot. I have yet to name him, suggestions are appreciated

Close up of the tiny parrot, I think I might put him on an earring and wear him when I pirate
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011 11:59:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

EowynUlysses
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2005 08:51:47 PM »

I was wondering how the cookies would hold up. The recipe made some many that I got to keep some and ours mostly just stuck together. Everyone really liked them, especially the Korean roommate and her friend. I think they have something similar back home.
In case anyone is interested, here is the recipe.http://cookie.allrecipes.com/AZ/BenneWafers.asp
The parrot was so cool I had to make one for myself. I took a picture of both together, but haven't finished the roll yet. The pattern is from a book I found at the library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
Bourgeois
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2005 10:07:41 PM »

Hooray for pictures!  The parrot is adorable.  And if you don't mind, what is a pirate sorority.  I can't imagine what that might involve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
CosmicCranberry
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2005 06:54:57 AM »

I sent last week, just wondering if my partner recieved yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2005 07:10:15 AM »

Oh crap, its over? This is my last semester and I stopped recieving cute packages freshman year, I would have loved to get in on this swap. Maybe there will be another one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2005 09:55:46 AM »

And if you don't mind, what is a pirate sorority.  I can't imagine what that might involve.
Basically we came up with the name, Alpha Rho Rho (ARR) when making fun of real Greek organizations (sorry if anyone here is in one!) and then one day got really bored and decided to build a pirate ship. We got a shopping cart and made it look like a ship using cardboard, twine, and gaffers tape; we also made a sail with some dowels and cheap fabric. Then we rode around campus in it dressed like pirates. This year we took over a table at my school's activity fair and 30 people signed up. We plan on having a giant pirate vs. ninja battle soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2005 02:53:09 PM »

Oh that is freakin hilarious!  I would totally sign up for a pirate sorority.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
danger.kitty
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2005 07:45:09 PM »

With all this talk of pirates I'm feeling a little off topic saying I got my package from Bourgeois today!  Thanks, I love presents!!  I got a cute knit clutch, a necktie pouch with cute nurse embroidery and my first initial, some folders that I was just thinking I needed to buy more of, and some spicy popcorn.  YAY!  I will post pictures later, but for now I have to get myself together to go to a social outing...something us collegiates need to know A LOT about  Wink

Hope everyone's school semesters aren't as disaterous as mine  Tongue

-Angelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
CosmicCranberry
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2005 05:14:13 AM »

I loooveee pirates! I am a member of a LARP group that does Pirates of the Carribean for renfaires.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about the Camera Term: Exposure
How to Compress an Image to Reduce File Size
How to use a Dutch Tilt
How to Increase Your Available Light
How an SLR Camera Differs from a Point and Shoot Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...