A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TARGET HAS $1 YARN (not just kits!)  (Read 11659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chelsea
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2005 02:16:24 PM »

I was wondering how many skeins you would need to make something, they all looked so small.   

Off to Target Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2005 01:17:10 PM »

I'm working on a sweater in the pink worsted weight, and it's taken two balls each to knit the front and the back...I bought seven for the whole project, so it looks like it'll be right on! (I'm about a 13, if that puts it into perspective).

On to sleeves...or homework.

Definitely sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
Amethyst
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2005 07:41:16 PM »

The yarn's now a further 30% off at my local Target, though not all of the yarn is there. So, 70 cents a skein. I bought two of the soft blue (no idea what to do with it) and two of the creamy soft yellow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nuno930
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2005 06:59:39 AM »

My Target was 50% off!  I got all the yarn for my daughters Christmas doll + enough for 5-6 outfits for the dool for $6!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
putzycrafter
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2005 05:40:55 PM »

My Target was 50% off too.  I bought an assortment of the ribbony and acrylic yarns to use for scarves, add as accents to felted projects, and when all else fails I'll incorporate them into the bears for the "Motherbear" project.  Granted its not the greatest yarn, but for the price it sure was fun to buy a bunch! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2005 07:43:39 PM »

Mine was 50% off today, too, but they only had the regular acrylic worsted, which I think still wasn't worth the price, and the gold-colored confetti stuff and a bunch of the furry stuff.  So I bought furry stuff, which I had not purchased before because the balls were SO small.  Still might not be worth the price comparatively, but it is SO soft, and I see a soft grey bunny and a soft purple puppy coming soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
bryonyramsden
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2005 09:54:25 AM »

Cool - there is a Target near where I'm staying when I hit the US on Friday.  Hope they still have some goodies left - I have yarn gifts to buy for a few people and need them to be easy on the pocket...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
Chelsea
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2005 01:50:05 PM »

Eep, 50% off?  I walked by their dollar section yesterday but didn't look closer.  I did notice that it was condensed down a lot.  I already have enough of it, but for 50 cents?  I need more!  hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2005 02:22:29 PM »

It's worth buying the fun fur stuff just to give to your cats.  You don't even need to unwind it, just leave it in it's wrapper.  If I put mine out, my cats will play for hours with it.  They'll practically unhinge their little jaws so they can pick it up and run around the house with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
Chelsea
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2005 02:29:30 PM »

lol, I wish I could do that.  My cats would EAT it.  I don't want a huge vet bill for digging out some 50 cent yarn out of their bellies.  Wink

We have one of those cat toys that has a little furry "tail" that's kind of feathers, kind of fun fur-texture.  I left it out on accident one day, came back to it and it was a skinny wet string.  All they do is lick the stuff, and chew and rip at it to get it off of the 3 foot plastic stick.  At least they're not stupid enough to try to eat THAT too.

Those little mice that have the leather tail.  My cat Loki LOVES that tail.  He chews it off and eats it.  WTF?  I can hold the mouse in my hand, he's standing on his back legs w/ his jaws clamped around that tail, his paws wrapped around my hand and I can LIFT HIM UP like that.  I'm not even touching him, he's holding himself up by the paws and mouth. 

Why can't I have calm cats that don't have to destroy toys, that are perfectly content to just bat something around for a while instead of devouring it?

I have been wanting to make them a little toy out of some furry scraps though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Underwater Function
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Canon G10: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon G10: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon G10: Set Image Resolution Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...