A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,206
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TARGET HAS $1 YARN (not just kits!)  (Read 12074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

askaboutrpickles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

* i AM a very stylish girl *

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2005 08:25:30 PM »

haha! i was at Target (having not yet read this thread) and i didnt believe it was really a dollar, but i brought it up and asked for a price check. i couldnt believe it!  i got some gorgeous green and yellow yarn and that was all they had, other than the kind that looks like little flags on string, which i dont really like, lol. But wooohooo! from now on anytime i am near a Target i am scoping out the 1$ area, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.cannibalizejewelry.etsy.com
http://www.leannealaman.weebly.com

Boycott SHAMpoo, demand real poo!
tinytallgirl
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2005 10:23:04 PM »

I'm going tonight to see if our Target has this mythical $1.00 yarn, etc.

I'll report in the morning Grin

Tragically, my local tarje doesn't carry "$1.00 dolla to make you holla" yarn Angry Tongue Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2005 06:18:02 AM »

Ahh, nice. Is that the gold that's really thin with the little tufts of fuzz? I want to use it to make a dressy scarf for my boyfriends mom, but I was afraid it would knit up really open, even with little needles. That looks great though. It looks dense enough for a scarf.

Yeah, it's the gold with the little square fringy things.  It's definitely dense enough for a scarf if you use small needles.  The pattern on the label calls for size 13 needles, which I can't imagine for such thin yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2005 06:32:19 AM »

Say, as long as we're on the subject, my targets both dropped the prices of their clearance knit kits because they just got in the winter kits, so all the kits with cotton yarn for yoga mats, cotton bags, cotton baby things, etc, has been marked down again.  I think they're now about half what they were originally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
craftykate
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2005 08:26:56 AM »

Ahh, nice. Is that the gold that's really thin with the little tufts of fuzz? I want to use it to make a dressy scarf for my boyfriends mom, but I was afraid it would knit up really open, even with little needles. That looks great though. It looks dense enough for a scarf.

Yeah, it's the gold with the little square fringy things.  It's definitely dense enough for a scarf if you use small needles.  The pattern on the label calls for size 13 needles, which I can't imagine for such thin yarn.

Cool. When I saw size 13 on the label I thought I had read it wrong at first. That stuff is about as thick as embroidery floss. It would look ridiculous on size 13 needles. I swatched a little last night on size 3 and 5 needles. I think it'll look nice. I need to find some needles with sharper points though. Mine were a little too blunt. It was kinda hard to deal with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
myjulybabes
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2005 09:56:00 AM »

Just to add my 2 cents-- the Target in Arnold MO (Burbs of St. Louis) has some yarn too.  None of the boucle, but the fuzzy stuff and the confetti yarn.  Sure, it's not the best yarn out there, but it's pretty and CHEAP!  I got the little pattern booklet for the fuzzy yarn, I'm going to make a bunch of the little purses for Christmas gifts for the little girls on my list.   I picked up size 4 and 13 bamboo needles too.  For a buck each pair, I'll gladly do a little sanding, it'll be a fun experiment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2005 03:09:13 PM »

I've been practice knitting with my fringe yarn using size 4 needles and it comes out looking almost like fake fur.  It would probably make good stuffed animals; nice and soft.

And here's some of the super soft fuzzy yarn done on size 4 needles:

The stuff wasn't easy to work with - I found myself pulling up loops of fur, rather than loops of the actual yarn. It's thin as thread, so I don't see that I'll be using it unless pairing it with something.

It does make a light, breezy, fuzzy-soft fabric, though. Excellent for paper embellishment and what-not.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006 06:24:51 AM by metamurph » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2005 08:46:39 PM »

FYI, my target reduced their beads kits (gemology kits in a tin) from around $14 to $3.48.  While some of the accent beads are chinzy, the main beads are pretty cool. (I picked up the kit with the goldstone rose.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittastic09
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2005 09:58:25 AM »

i just went to Target yesterday and my friend and i were looking around the $1 section. i was so surprised to see they had yarn and needles and even little pattern books FOR ONLY $1!! i bought a pattern book for the fuzzy fur yarn, a pair of 4 needles, two skeins of the red/orange fuzzy fur, and two skeins of the green/yellow boucle yarn. i am so excited! they had all the different varieties of yarn at my Target. i can't wait to get more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2005 10:45:18 AM »

FYI I am making a shawl out of the butterscotch colored yarn holding 2 strands together as I crochet & there are big differences in yardage of every skein I have used so far. So if you are making something that needs a specific amount you may want to buy 1 extra just in case.

Any other completed projects?

I've made a hat using the gold/brown eyelash & a strand of beige together.....very cute

2 skinny long scarfs out of the rainbow and another out of the lime green/yellow boucle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make 90 Second Orange Marmalade Cookies
How To Make A Traditional English Chocolate Biscuit
What Is The Cruffin? A Foodies Dream! Check Out This Latest Culinary Mashup
Almond-Crusted French Toast Brioche
How To Make Chocolate Lava Cake With Raspberry Crème Anglaise
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...