A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
837 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Face Your Fears Stitchalong  (Read 10106 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2005 08:06:13 PM »

It's Time To Face Your Fears Stitchalong

the "rules"
~face your fear. whether it's metallic thread, french knots or just learning how to stitch, face it.
~do any kind of embroidery, it doesn't matter, as long as you face your fear  Wink

now join. it's time to face your greatest stitching fears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PollyEsther
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005 07:08:11 AM »

I'm having visions of long-and-short shading, and herringbone stitch. I don't know if I'm that brave...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005 07:17:08 AM »

I have not done any embroidery, and I have really wanted to learn....ALOT. This would be good, so I can ask questions. Would you all kill me, since I'm new and don't have a clue of what I'm doing?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Chelsea
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005 01:13:16 PM »

What, you didn't notice all the knives, knitting needles and other various weapons hovering over you as you type just waiting to drop the second you post a stupid question?

Grin  yeah, I'm kidding.   Plus I've embroidered a few things and STILL don't have a clue of what I'm doing in certain situations.

I don't know if I can participate in this.  That satin stitch is almost as bad as my bug phobia.

Ooh, maybe I could satin stitch a roach.

.. um yeah.  or not.  Wink   I might satin stitch something though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005 08:45:27 PM »

haha, we can suck at this together, it will be great..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
toesocksrock

They want you to take the rolls!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005 12:09:18 PM »

Count me in. I'm totally new to embriodery, too.
What are you guys embroidering? I'm not really sure where to begin.

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005 01:45:15 PM »

I've got a few things I could embroider.  I wasn't planning on using satin stitch in any of them, but I might be able to work it in somewhere.  This could be the perfect thing for embroidering those things I would LOVE to embroider, but don't really want ON anything.   Like there's this picture of the girl from the Beetlejuice cartoon I have (can't remember her name!) and it's so perfect for embroidery.  The only thing is I don't really want that on a pillowcase, or a tote, or a shirt or anything.   Except...I could embroider on a shirt that I sleep in..I might just do that.

I still have to go through my little stash of patterns.  I always forget exactly what I have. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofuttibreak
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005 01:37:26 PM »

My satin stitch sucks, too. It's always bulky and I can never keep the floss from twisting.

My stitching fears:
1. everything that isn't split or stem stitch.

I don't even know where to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005 05:49:11 PM »

Well, I found a design, and I transfered it onto a tea towel last night.  Now I gotta stop wasting time on the stinking computer and go do some satin stitch!  It's kinda cheating though  Lips sealed because  I'm using black thread, so mess ups won't show up as much....but hey, it's still practice! 

I gotta finish it soon though, it's Halloween themed!  Smiley   Perfect for the "face your fears" stitchalong heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
echoglow
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005 10:28:22 PM »

I've got a few things I could embroider.  I wasn't planning on using satin stitch in any of them, but I might be able to work it in somewhere.  This could be the perfect thing for embroidering those things I would LOVE to embroider, but don't really want ON anything.   Like there's this picture of the girl from the Beetlejuice cartoon I have (can't remember her name!) and it's so perfect for embroidery.  The only thing is I don't really want that on a pillowcase, or a tote, or a shirt or anything.   Except...I could embroider on a shirt that I sleep in..I might just do that.

I still have to go through my little stash of patterns.  I always forget exactly what I have. 

her name is lydia ^___^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Orange Chicken Recipe
Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry Recipe
How to Make Asian Style Baked Fish
Pan-Fried Tofu Recipe from Chef Judy Joo
Vietnamese Steak and Asparagus Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...