A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chili, anybody?  (Read 1126 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 19, 2004 01:48:35 PM »

OK, I am going to a Chili cook-off on Sunday... and I need to know a really, REALLY great Chili recipe that I can totally stun my friends with.  (It's a whole "we all cook and we're completely competitive over who's better" thing) ... I have a few that I've been thinking of, but, I just wondered if anybody had one that would totally blow my socks off.

Smiley Thanks ahead of time.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004 01:55:07 PM »

I've made some great chili using Buffalo meat.  mighty tasty.

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004 08:00:51 AM »

I got my white chicken chili recipe from All Recipes:

You don't have to use nearly as much chicken as it calls for, and be sure to cook it long enough to cook off a lot of the stock.  I put in the beans without draining them;  if you can't find cannellini beans, great northerns are just as good.  I serve mine with grated pepper jack cheese and Tostito's Scoops.

As far as a "regular" chili recipe, I am a chili snob and I insist that mine is THE BEST IN THE WORLD.  Y'all might not agree, but I love it.  I don't know if I can remember it all right here at work, but it has 2 lbs. of ground beef cooked in with a diced white onion & a diced green bell pepper.  Once that's cooked & drained, add to this a big can of chili hot beans, a can of pintos, a package of Taco seasoning, a large can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatoes,  chili powder to taste, a teaspoon of white vinegar, and a tablespoon of Worchestershire sauce.  I think that's all.  Leave it over medium heat for about an hour or so and stir periodically.  Serve with cheddar cheese, Fritos, and Mexican cornbread.  

Hmmm, I think I feel a chili night coming on!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004 10:46:04 AM »

I don't have a complete recipe for you, but if you're making a chicken or a veggie chili, don't forget the cashews!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004 01:43:40 PM »

Go to the library and get a copy of The New Vegetarian Epicure.  The black bean chili in there is A M A Z I N G and I won a chili cookoff using it.  I roast the all peppers, and know that this will make a mess of your kitchen, but it is so worth it.  Seriously the best black bean chili in the known universe.  Won me a chili cookoff against meateaters even!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emma Ward Performs Her Poem "Trains"
How to Get an ISBN
Actress Kara Hayward Reads an Excerpt from The Blessed
Discovering Abigail May Alcott with Eve LaPlante
How to Write a Short Story
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...