A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Best Friend's Getting Married and I need to make her a present!  (Read 1119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cawfeehowse
« on: August 28, 2005 02:01:52 PM »

One of my best friends is getting married and I need to make her a present.  I made another one of my friends a canvas bag with slits for pictures (proteted by plastic).  The bag also had iron on appliques of her and her fiance's initials with a heart in the middle.  I told my newest-engaged friend all about it so now I feel I have to make her something just as creative and fun.  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_seatbelts

dirtay souf!! w00t!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005 08:04:18 PM »

i love that canvas bag idea. you should make her one, only, make it completley different from the one you already made. maybe a different style of bag, or different colors?
keegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/thenewbohemia <---La Vie Boheme is the shish, and you are jealous.
itgerpatty
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005 11:06:23 PM »

One of the presents that my friends love the most from me are etched glasses. I just bought a dremel and you need the little round tip diamond "bits", then you pic a nice font on your computer, print out their initial, tape it inside of the glass, and just trace it with the dremel. It is easier then you think, and it takes about 20 min for one. I usually give 6 wine glasses with their initials and a wine caraffe (where you put red wine in to air out) and put their whole last name on that one. They go nutty over that, trust me.
If you would like to know more about it, just let me know and I could give you the step by step. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amy purple
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005 08:32:22 AM »

a photo album for their wedding photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weekly giveaways at:  www.purplepinkandor ange.com
Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005 08:44:41 AM »

Ditto to Itgerpatty's posting

with their initials and a wine caraffe (where you put red wine in to air out) and put their whole last name on that one. They go nutty over that, trust me.

We sell all kinds of crafts but it's our personalized gifts that sell the best. People just love having their name put onto something.

Just about anything with the couples name on it would be great for a wedding but I love the wine glass or caraffe idea - functional!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
Cutters_Wench
TheDarkOnes_Wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005 08:50:06 AM »

Great Bag idea! What about a satin memory box, trimmed in lace.. Made one for one of my friends, she cried when she opened it. She said she loved it. She ended up putting her gater, his bout, and matches, napkins, etc in it. Just a thought  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why be normal, when freaky is more fun : 0 )
brookenic
ILuvRockstars

Flirts with disaster.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005 04:45:09 PM »

My best friend got married a couple years ago and I wanted to give her something VERY personal. I bought a small scrap book and preplanned it. I decorated the pages before hand and left spaces for pictures and writing. Then the next morning got all my photos one hour developed and finished it. I gave it to her before they left on theri honeymoon. She loved it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He loves me, he loves me not----Frickin' Jerk!

http://www.myspace.com/brookenic
Iz
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005 04:32:59 PM »

My best friend got married last February and I made them a quilt with a heart theme. They absolutely loved it!

Exactly six months later was my turn to tie the knot. She gave us a set of serving plates, bowls, butter dish, etc. which she bought plain and painted in a Portuguese theme (my hubby is Portuguese). She used porcelain paint that you bake afterwards. I almost cried when I opened it Smiley

Those are two very time-consuming options, though, but they really express that you care.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005 05:30:03 PM »

My best friend got married last February and I made them a quilt with a heart theme. They absolutely loved it!

Ohhhhh I want one too!

My co-workers friend was getting married and so my coworker sent off white fabric squares to a number of the female invited guests. She asked them to decorate the piece of fabric anyhow they wanted just as long as they stuck to the wedding theme, which was autumn.

Some stencilled the fabric, some embroidered the fabric, some painted the fabric and one woman used photo transfer paper to put a picture of the bride and groom on her piece of fabric.

Everyone sent the squares back to my coworker and then she compiled all the squares and made a quilt out of them - it was sooooo beautiful. The time and love this woman put into her friends gift was just awesome.

I have decided to ask her to be my best friend before my wedding  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
thatsthewayitis
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005 03:59:07 PM »

we put together a bucket of household items and put numbers on them and had a scroll that had cute little sayings that used the names of the brands.  ex ALL deteregent, we went to the dollar store and just came ip with ideas as we saw items! good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Classic Jambalaya
How to Make Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes
Angry Macaroni and Cheese and No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Cups Recipes
How to Make Porter Ale Chili
Guacamole Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...