A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's everyone doing for Halloween this year???  (Read 12709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MADness323
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005 10:38:35 AM »

me and my sister are going to be the Mythbusters!

I want to throw a party, but not sure if thats gonna happen or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005 03:54:11 PM »

I'm going as "The Fairy Of Lost Things".... I'm gonna have wings (different from the wing tutorial I've seen several times cause mine are tulle with veins instead of stockings)

I'm gonna have an appron full of pockets full of things.

-jewlery
-keys
-pens and pencils
-hair things
-combs
-gloves
-marbles

I'm gonna carry a basket full of left socks and wear miss matched mittens and several scarves if it's cold outside.

I think it'll be great!

Leah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005 06:07:35 PM »

This year I am dying to do Little Red Riding Hood. I am hoping to get my boyfriend to be the big bad wolf! I hope I will have time to make it, I am costume designer for the fall play at my theatre group, so I have to squeeze in my own stuff.

Angela
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005 08:41:16 PM »

My boyfriend is going to be Bob Dylan and I am going to be...um....Jakob Dylan. No, not really. I wanted us to be Benjamin Braddock and Mrs. Robinson but no one would know who we were. Plus, I dress like mrs. Robinson everyday so it wouldn't really be a costume. Like once when I used to be a dirty hippie in high shcool I was Janis Joplin for halloween but no one knew it was a costume cause I dressed like her everyday. Oh well.. Maybe I'll just be a cave-girl cause leopard print is hot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
wearbrown
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005 06:01:43 AM »

This year my friends and I are getting all dressed up and going to the bar. I have my costume completely planned(it's nerdy as all get out but it's planned) and I'm trying to help my friends with really good ideas. So far the best one is the cat lady from the simpsons, complete with cats to throw at people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobertBlue
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005 10:50:34 AM »

Right now I'm mainly concerned with getting my yard decorated (yes, I'm starting already).  I did a witch a few years ago, but ran out of time and had to do a store bought scarecrow-witch.  So I'll be doing a wire armature/paper mache witch, possibly with some simple motors to add some movement to the piece.  I will also being constructing a fog cooling machine to sit inside the paper mache enhanced cauldron (large metal circular wash tub, already painted black from the last witch) - this makes it so that the fog will bubble over the cauldron and roll across the grass as opposed to shooting out and up (an effect I used to great effect last year with my tribute to the Munsters yard, specifically my wire armature/paper mache glow in the dark pet dragon).  I will also be doing some optical illusions based on mirrors/lighting to create a head in a crystal ball effect.  I still haven't figured out the full plan, but it's definitely based on the Occult this year.  Perhaps some appropriate "floating" items.  But I'll figure that out later.

I may very well have a rehearsal on Halloween night (boo!), so I may not be able to do my number 1 costume choice.  I won't even really be able to do my own style of costume, per say, because I am so into make-up effects as the major component of a costume, not clothing choices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005 11:04:38 AM »

So far the best one is the cat lady from the simpsons, complete with cats to throw at people.

Haha! That is excellent! I'd love to see that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005 03:45:54 PM »

I'm going as "The Fairy Of Lost Things".... I'm gonna have wings (different from the wing tutorial I've seen several times cause mine are tulle with veins instead of stockings)

I'm gonna have an appron full of pockets full of things.

-jewlery
-keys
-pens and pencils
-hair things
-combs
-gloves
-marbles

I'm gonna carry a basket full of left socks and wear miss matched mittens and several scarves if it's cold outside.

I think it'll be great!

Leah

before i even read the entire post i was like "she's gotta have socks".....and low and behold, there is an entire basketful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
Dawn
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005 04:02:04 PM »

One word: Earl Camembert.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

la vie c'est patant
CrazyCharlie

If I'm addicted to anything, it's sparklers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005 04:23:22 PM »

Roll Eyes First Off I love halloween. Its my favorite time of the year and my favorite holiday..

This year im planning on staying home giving out candy. Were decorating the house, with a 7'0Ft Jason and Michael Myers..

3 Lifesize witches stiring the couldren, and a lifesize witches hut behind them surrounded by a cemetary. Pumpkins lining the walkway to keep the kids on path, and plenty of scary music, Spiders and webs. Blacklight ghosts and Fog.

Im wanting to dress up like a Reno's Sherriff Department Deputy.. This gives me a reason to watch non-stop Reno 911 which is awesome A GOOD THING!!! I cant wait Im going to be Deputy Mrs. James Garcia or Deputy Mrs. Vince Vaughn which ever one I fill more in love with at the time.. .. What a life I live..  Roll Eyes I cant wait Im such a dork..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Avoid a Bad Hair Day
Blow Dry Curly Hair Tutorial
How to Blow Dry Hair to Create Volume
How to Care for Dry and Damaged Hair
How to Combat Oily Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...