A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's everyone doing for Halloween this year???  (Read 12624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honorhappy
« on: August 28, 2005 01:57:35 PM »

Well, seeing as how it's nearly September and Autumn is in the air (well, I wish it was here in CA!), I thought I would start a Halloween thread to see what everyone is planning.  I love Halloween, and even though usually we don't do much and I can't decorate my entire house this year (roommates, ugh) I'm not letting anything get me down.  I've got my costume picked out (I'm going out Clockwork Orange style, baby!  My hair's perfect for the part, and all I need is the derby hat and cane, and to put the design under my eye.), and I have a balcony to decorate this year!  I'm going to carve a couple pumpkins (I'm using all these cool designs as inspiration), make a wreath, put up some spiderweb and maybe make some gravestones.  I think I'm going to make record bowls as candy bowls.  And of course, I'm breaking out the cool punchbowl set my beau bought me last Halloween.  My boyfriend is probably going to compile a Halloween CD like he does every year.

Now, the only thing I don't have worked out for certains is how to make this holiday a bit more cozy and romantic.  We don't have a ton of friends, and sometimes the boy gets depressed because our roomies (who used to be close friends, but now...eh)like to party with asshats.  So I'm thinking we'll be retreating into our quarters the later part of the evening to enjoy some classic horror movies, etc.  But I'm trying to find a way to make it feel like more of a special occassion.  Our bedroom is already decorated like halloween (lol) and we already watch the scary movies quite often.  Any ideas? 
I'd love to hear what you guys are doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005 07:57:54 AM »

Hmm... I don't have any ideas for you, but I'd love to talk about my Halloween plans!   I love Halloween...

I'm going to Universal Studios Halloween Horror night like I do every year with some co-workers.   We're not allowed to dress up, but I'll probably do some cool make-up.   I do crazy fake eyelashes for it every year.

I'm going to 2 Halloween parties, one is in Downtown Orlando.  I'm going as a gothic fairy for that one.   Pretty basic... i have a black sequieny tube top and a little black skirt to wear.   Black knee high boots, dark make-up, and I'm going to get black fairy wings with red rhinestones. 

Fairy wings: http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/gothfairywings.html

Then I'm having a halloween party at my house.   I'm going to make a version of this rainbow brite costume...

I'm going have a puking pumpkin (http://www.extremepumpkins.com/pukingpumpkin.html), I think I'm going to decorate a cooler as a coffin and that will have the beer, make some halloween treats (including
http://www.halloweenkitchen.com/marshmallow_ghosts.html), tombstones (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48012.0), mix c.d.s to give out, and some cute invitations that I'll be making as soon as I get my supplies in... I'll post a pic.

Whew...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005 08:15:40 AM »

All I'm doing is going trick or treating with a few of my friends.  No one I know is having a party, unless I can convince my friend to have one at her house like she did last year (which I missed).  Even if she does, I doubt anyone would come in costume.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a dead ballerina.  I'm going to make myself a wonderfully poofy tutu, wear a leotard, and make my face look 'dead' with makeup.  I'm also going to make myself some leg warmers and a shrug to keep myself warm.  I'm still getting ideas for the costume in my 'help with dead ballerina costume' thread.

As far as decorations, I'm going to be carving myself a pumpkin or two.  I'm also going to help my parents put up the decorations we have stashed away and possibly make some new ones to add.  I think I might make some Halloween themed items for my friends.  Is it weird to give people gifts on Halloween?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005 08:31:31 AM »

Is it weird to give people gifts on Halloween?

I don't think it's weird at all!  I hand out little Halloween gifts to my friends and colleagues, mostly because I love Halloween and it's a special holiday to me.  When I taught college classes, I gave treat sacks to my students.  They were well received  Grin  I've yet to decide on how I want to package my halloween treats this year, but I've got a few prototypes made.  Now, it's just a matter or getting them done.  I need to start working on my Halloween costume!  Goodgrief...there's only two months left!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005 08:36:46 AM »

I have gone insane and have allowed myself to get talked into making everyone's costumes this year. A friend and her boyfriend want Peter Pan and Tink costumes and since my huband and I are going out with them, we signed on as Wendy and Captn Hook. I think somehow Smee and a lost boy or two have jumped on board. I have a feeling that there's a Tiger Lily lurking in the wings waiting for a dress. I'm gonna need some moral support here. Especially with Captn Hook. Cause with a costume that cool I dont want to cut corners. But it seems like everyone else is gonna get a great costume that I make and I'm gonna get to go out in some old flannel grandma gown as Wendy. Sexy Wendy just doesn't seem to work in my head. But I have been dying to get the husband into a Pirate outfit...LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005 10:47:24 PM »

Wow, I'm adding that Halloween food link to my favorites site so I can rifle through it.  Thanks.  So far, as far as making it more cozy I'm thinking I'm going to buy some of this glow in the dark bubble bath I found, make a few dishes up, and have us pick out a horror movie and wait to watch it until that night.  That way all of those things won't get ruined or go bad if we do end up having fun with the roomies or friends instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005 06:48:44 AM »

Well, I'll be handing out treats on Halloween. We have THE house, with decorations, tombstones, a crypt, flying ghost, etc... We live in  a town of 800 people, and we get well over 300 trick or treaters Smiley We hand out glow necklaces and candy and baubles, take pictures, scare kids.
My dad will take my kids trick or treating,( in costumes that I have stayed up until the last possible minute making.) Then after trick or treating hours my kids come back to our place with their friends for a little party. I'll be a witch (it is my yearly uniform.) We have a party the Saturday before where I will be the "Kiss of death" which is basicly a hershey kiss costume with my skeleton type mask. My hubby will be "Tit-Head" from the little nicky movie. He's got a great rack for his head that we made, (our first time making latex mask stuff!)
We have a costume party the week after too, it is an 80s theme, we aren't quite sure what we'll go as. Most people are just dressing like their favorite 80s band, but we never do anything easy, so I'm sure he'll be a go-bot or ThunderCat or something, and I'll be some adorable cartoon character too.

That's about it here. Halloween is our anniversary, though we really don't celebrate on it ever. But for an idea to make it intimate they do make black light body paint. Which is kind of cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megggan

tardy george mcclellan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005 12:59:37 PM »

I just moved and I don't know anybody! Ahh! maybe my old friends will invite me to a halloween party Cheesy if not, I don't think I'm doing anything. which is a pity because:

I just bought a really cool gas mask.

and I love halloween. last year was the first time I celebrated. we'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love is a dream you enter though I shake and shake and shake you.
poto_fan

No day But today

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005 03:37:54 PM »

my friend and i are going to be can-can dancers from moulin rouge...only ALOT less slutty b/c we're wearing our costumes to school  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today
craft_t_chic
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005 02:04:37 PM »

The boyfriend and I are going as red riding hood and the lumberjack...Todd McFarlane style. It should be fun! I have no idea where we are going...but we'll be hot!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005 07:16:28 PM by craft_t_chic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Your Blowout Last Longer
Try Hair Gloss For Shiny Locks
How to Create a Twisted Bun Hairstyle
Erykah Badu Leads Celebration of Natural Hair
How to Wear a 90s Scrunchie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...