A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glass Wine Bottles  (Read 3460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005 09:28:24 PM »

I use them for washing up liquid, hand wash detergent etc in my kitchen. Not really a craft, but I either put a pour spout like bartenders use or a funky stopper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005 09:08:11 AM »

I just saw something like that at my Aunts house over the weekend. She had her dish soap in a bottle with a bar spout. I'll have to try that with my empty blue skyy vodka bottles
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilsciencechick
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005 11:18:46 PM »

I turned some old wine bottles into cooking oil bottles.

I cleaned them out REALLY well, and then used spouts that are sold for liquor bottles - like they have at bars - that I got at...crate and barrel, I think.  Pretty cheap.

The fish shaped bottle is my olive oil and the other is veggie oil.  Now I can buy oil in huge containers, but only have these pretty refillable bottles out for use!

Oh, and if you look in the background, you'll see the old starbucks frapaccino bottles that I use to store my dried herbs and spices in.  the perfect size!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilsciencechick.com

Science, knitting, ranting, and sex.  Not always in that order, and often all at once.

Look for me on ravelry!  Hey, that rhymed!
craftjunkie
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006 05:26:40 AM »

if you could glass sutter..the type for bottles you could make some interesting  new drinking glasses... i've seen these in stores that go for alot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pabicoch
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006 09:45:33 AM »

You can put bubble bath in them, rap a ribbon around them and decorate them a bit an then give them to people for presents
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookishgrrl
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006 09:18:21 AM »

if you drill holes in them, they can become an insence burner. you'll want to make positive you use the right bit, obviously. I'm not sure if anything needs be done besides drilling a hole in the bottom, on the side for air convection.
http://www.surpluselectron.com/incense/sbottle.htm

there's a few advantages to having insence in a bottle, rather than the typical burner that looks like a small wooden ski.
-takes up a smaller footprint on dresser/table/etc.
-ash is more neatly contained (I'm always forgetting to dump them promptly, so I knock the ash all over the place)
-smoke poring out of a bottle mouth looks really cool.
-apparently it's safer than the ordinary "ski" burner--probably because it's contained. better if you have critters like kitties, that like to jump on dresser tops.

gee. I never really thought of this before, but I should make some of these. my area only recycles brown and clear bottles, and being a wine consumer, a lot of them get used. I also like burning insence all around the house. hmm.

obviously, you could decorate these insense bottles by painting them with thin layers of paint for a stained glass effect, covering them in fimo (there are some for sale like this on the internet), or etching designs.

hah. I've just inspired myself with an easy craft project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006 09:25:16 AM »

You could break them and use them to mosaic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
colourandy
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006 11:57:42 AM »

if you drill holes in them, they can become an insence burner. you'll want to make positive you use the right bit, obviously. I'm not sure if anything needs be done besides drilling a hole in the bottom, on the side for air convection.
http://www.surpluselectron.com/incense/sbottle.htm

there's a few advantages to having insence in a bottle, rather than the typical burner that looks like a small wooden ski.
-takes up a smaller footprint on dresser/table/etc.
-ash is more neatly contained (I'm always forgetting to dump them promptly, so I knock the ash all over the place)
-smoke poring out of a bottle mouth looks really cool.
-apparently it's safer than the ordinary "ski" burner--probably because it's contained. better if you have critters like kitties, that like to jump on dresser tops.

gee. I never really thought of this before, but I should make some of these. my area only recycles brown and clear bottles, and being a wine consumer, a lot of them get used. I also like burning insence all around the house. hmm.

obviously, you could decorate these insense bottles by painting them with thin layers of paint for a stained glass effect, covering them in fimo (there are some for sale like this on the internet), or etching designs.

hah. I've just inspired myself with an easy craft project.

do you just drop the incent thinger in the bottle ?  with a hole in the bottom of the bottle?... that seems simple enough, and doesn't seem to need to cost 10 bucks .. jeeze, stores rip people off too much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dirt_isgoode
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006 01:21:17 PM »

That's what I do with my bottles.. I just drill a hole in the bottom at the side and turn them into incense bottles.. And I use a key ring to put on the top and stick the incense in so it doesnt fall into the bottle and go out..I tried painting them but I didnt have the right kind of paints. So instead i scraped an old scratched cd and mod podged the rainbowy stuff to the bottle..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006 07:18:26 AM »

Now heres what not to do with an old bottle...stick a pretty lily with a short stem inside.  Because then it falls in and wont come out.  And then it gets very moldy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Care Tips - Sorting Your Jewelry Box
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...