A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone interested in a travelling journal?  (Read 1775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkqueen
« on: August 27, 2005 08:01:57 PM »

Hey guys.. I am planning a travelling journal starting in Canada.. am hoping to start i aruond early-mid September!
http://nervousness.conforums.com you have you register to be able to see.. but you can sign up with me here too(PM ME!) or email me elaurin@gmail.com

concept is simple.. I make a journal.. I haev a list of peoples addresses, I send the book to the first person on the list, they write/draw/alter whatever they want(ANYTHING GOES) in it and then they pass it on.. When it is finished it comes back to me..

Canada/US/overseas is fine, just let me know so we can put you in a good order.. Anyone who is under 16 please get parents permission because as i said, anything goes, and I have no control over what is written/placed in the journal.

again pm here, on secondarynervousiness, or email me elaurin@gmail.com !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005 08:10:16 PM »

Oooh ooh I've always wanted to do something like this - start my own and get a cool journal back.

I'll email you.

Anyone wanna start one with me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
bkqueen
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005 08:14:54 PM »

ok i've got it and replied Smiley
come on guys! you now you wannnnnnt to.. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkqueen
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005 09:33:26 PM »

ok more details and the list of all involved! (but not in order yet!)

so starting early-mid september, I am goin to start by sending the journal off to one of the lucky list, they will then get to keep it or as long ast hey need(up to around a month say?) try to keep it moving, but i understand we need to be inspired..

Do with it what you will, write, photograph, embroider it, have someone write a story in it, create, do anything at all you want.. talk about yourself, your partner, your job, your lack of a job(me! haha) i am going to include some black acid-free pages so photos can be affixed to them as well, please note your name(or a nickname if you don't wan to be identified) but i really would like to know who wrote what, so let me know what nicknames you chose! lol

When all is said and done, the last person on the list will send it on to me, and i will scan and post the pictures on my website(actually my mothers, but i wil be adding a page jsut for us! lol)

I will eventually need everyones adresses, but if you dont want to give it yet, just ive me a country/area so i know where to place you on the list.. (I am going to place all from each country together to save for shipping!)

As it is going around I would really like people to keep me up to date on its progress, I DO NOT want to know what is in it till the end, but want to know that it is being passed, and has not gone to the wayside. If you don't think you can commit when it comes o your turn, let me know, we can skip you and come back to you at the end, no problem! and if you aren' inspired, you can always pass it on without contributing.. it's almost a contributing in itself(but dont everyone do that! lol)

those in so far....
me(duh)
Krysta
guinthegoodwitch
jag5000
ingysoup
kiwitart
retro_turtle
minouette
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005 02:22:40 PM by bkqueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005 09:44:09 PM »

Woo! I like the sound of this swap - duh. :p Anyway, I was gonna ask, are you going to "limit" the number of pages to be used or just use as many as you want as long as there is enough for everyone else to use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
bkqueen
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005 09:44:53 PM »

i was just gonna let everyone do as many as the wanted.. i mean as your doing it keep in mind how many people still have to go, but if it fills up, i can just send out a new journal to the next person in line!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jag5000

she's not just my daughter - she's pop art!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005 05:40:49 AM »

I'd love to do that!  count me in!!

I am in Australia though...  that ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I craft, therefore I am"
bkqueen
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005 06:42:27 AM »

thats fine jag! If we get any others we will just have you send to them and then back over here, to save sihpping of sending back and forth! but no worries Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005 09:32:42 AM »

i was just gonna let everyone do as many as the wanted.. i mean as your doing it keep in mind how many people still have to go, but if it fills up, i can just send out a new journal to the next person in line!

Cool cool. Cheesy This is gonna be a fun "swap", I already have some ideas brewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkqueen
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005 12:26:12 PM »

haha i started this morning! but i will hold on ito it until we know for sure who is in and who isnt.

come on people!! hehe ;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
#BreadstickNation Is Coming! Olive Garden Food Trucks Touring the Country
5 Unique Ways to Grill Fruits and Vegetables
Doritos Jacked 3D Campaign Hits Mobile Devices; Scan Your Chips for Content
How to Make Green Chile Grits
How To Make Baby Back Rib Mac And Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...