A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: As Is OR Modified Aunt Martha Stitchalong  (Read 35338 times)
Tags for this thread: aunt_martha , embroidery_transfer , iron_on_transfer_paper  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GumInMyHair
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2008 05:52:47 PM »

Those Hillbillies are so cute!
You used an impressive amount of stitches and they all look neat. Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbethie
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2008 12:42:07 PM »

Those Hillbillies are so cute!
You used an impressive amount of stitches and they all look neat. Good job.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbethie
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2008 11:56:41 AM »

I was able to pick up the 'Eskimo Cuties' pack at my fabric store.  The patterns are quite large.  This is the one I picked out for my tea towel.  The only thing I "modified" was that I cut out from the pattern a little doll she was holding.  I bought some sparkly DMC floss that I look foward to using on the igloo.  I'll post again when it's finished.

P.S.  My apologies to all if I'm not supposed to post an unstitched Aunt Martha pattern.  I know they are still under copyright since they are still being made.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GumInMyHair
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2008 03:29:26 PM »

I look forward to seeing it when it's finished. The sparkly igloo is a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbethie
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2008 07:22:32 AM »

Well the sparkly DMC floss kicked my butt.  I just posted my experience in the 'discussion and questions' forum, specifically the thread about metalllic floss.  The igloo would have looked great in sparkly floss but the stitches weren't laying right and it was a pain to work with.  The igloo is way to big to deal with that headache  Tongue and I want to enjoy myself while I embroider and not be stressin' and cursin'  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2008 07:54:44 AM »

Well the sparkly DMC floss kicked my butt. . . .The igloo would have looked great in sparkly floss but the stitches weren't laying right and it was a pain to work with. 

Hi ya Bethiebb,
When I employ metallic floss, I mix it with a strand or two of regular floss, it seems to help with the color and more even stitches.  For instance, on the igloo, use 2 strands of white with 2 strands of sparkly metallic.  Hope that helps ya.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GumInMyHair
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2008 03:02:04 PM »

I remembered this post. Maybe it will help too.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241594.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbethie
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2008 09:06:45 AM »

I remembered this post. Maybe it will help too.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241594.0

yeppers, i'm in that post.  thanks for the suggestion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbethie
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2008 03:17:08 PM »

Completed tea towel with pic is here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257583.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeatnikChick
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2008 09:44:26 PM »

Dumb question, I just finished a quick Aunt Martha Vegetable pattern that I did in one day, should I post it here? 

It's really basic, but I did it because I have 2 tea towels that my grandma did a long time ago and I found the Aunt Martha Pattern accidentally at a store and am recreating the 2 tea towels. 

Nothing fancy, not a heck of a lot of detail or anything.  I want to put a quick little border on the bottom after it hang dries.  Should I post it here? 

I did the "Lettuce and Tomatoes" and the other one I'm going to copy from my grandma is the "Citrus Drink" pattern from this one:
http://www.colonialpatterns.com/product_info.php?products_id=619&osCsid=cec7bdd53678577c5f8b4d4a94d33cb3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Human rights are for EVERYONE.  Did you know that Aung San Suu Kyi had been released from house arrest in Burma? Many other prisoners of conscience are still being detained.  Please research this topic... Amnesty International needs your help.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress Like Emma Watson at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards
What To Wear To 2013 Coachella Music Festival
5 Ways To Wear A Jean Jacket
Selena Gomez and Debby Ryan: Fashionistas
What To Wear: Black & White Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...