A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: circular ripple afghan  (Read 8739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrteaslady
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004 06:32:43 PM »

This is my first time on and I've already found what I was looking for! I seen a pattern close to this (named Aztec Sun) in one of those $16.00 pattern books at the craft store but didn't want to buy it for the one pattern. Thanks millions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftybelle
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004 06:38:08 AM »

Stitchqueen and miss lisa your afghans are beautiful!!!! I cant believe it only took you two less than a week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will-
for life is short but sweet for certain.
DMB
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004 06:38:44 AM »

Here's my version!  I didn't see this thread till after I bought a booklet at Wal-mart just to get this pattern, so I don't know if it's exactly the same or not.  I made this one for my niece.  I have a nephew on the way, and I made him one that's white in the middle, then light blue, then dark blue (didn't get a pic before i sent it), and when Julia saw it, she loved it so much.  She's practically stolen it from her brother before he's born, lol.  So, I made her this one to match her room, so she'd have her own.

I used Caron Simply Soft for both of them.  It's great for this, machine washable, which is important for my sister with the new baby.  I really love this yarn.  It really is very soft, but it's acrylic, so it's easy to take care of, and affordable!  I've still got enough of the pink and green for a number of things for my niece.  She's three, so it doesn't take much yarn to make her something, lol.  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 02:45:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004 09:25:18 AM »

Inspired by this thread I, too, am making one of these.  It's for a baby gift, and I'm using Homespun in two or three different shades of purple with some narrow bands of a couple of blue-greens (the mom's favorite color is purple, the sex of the baby is unknown, and I wanted to give something that would be useful beyond baby- and even child-hood).  Don't know if it's the Homespun or what, but I'm having to adjust numbers of stitches pretty much every round in order to keep the ripple effect from entering the third dimension---in other words, so it'll lay flat!  It's such a great design, though, that the additional effort is well worthwhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daggad82
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004 09:46:49 PM »

Great blankets everyone!!! 

I am fairly new to the world of crocheting and reading patterns - I printed out the tutorial directions earlier today.  I got a bit confused on the directions for Rnd 4.  I haven't read any further yet.  I understand the abreviations, but I am not sure what the commas and hyphens mean in terms of crocheting.  I'm not sure where to make the next stitch and when to stay in the same space and when to move onto the next stitch.  I'm not sure if my question is making sense.  Please help!  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_lissa
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004 07:39:15 PM »

Rnd 4: Sl st in next ch-4 sp, ch 3, 1 dc in same sp, ch 2, 2 dc in same sp - *2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next ch-4 sp*, rep from * to * around, sl st in first ch-3 (12 ch-2 sp)

yeah, patterns can be pretty confusing to read - i'll try and help you as best as i can

crochet patterns don't always say this right out, but you normally move onto the next stitch each time you do a stitch - when you have to do more than one stitch in a space, the pattern will tell you so

okie, so for rnd 4, you start by doing a sl-st into the next ch-4 space, which is the chain of 4 st in between the dc stitches on rnd 3 - after you do the sl-st, then ch 3 and do a dc into the same ch-4 space, and then you ch-2 and do 2 more dc in that same ch-4 space - so, you've got a sl-st, ch-3, 1 dc, ch-2, and 2 dc all in the first ch-4 space - then it says 2 dc, so you do one dc into each of the next 2 st - you ch-2, and then you do 2 dc in the next ch-4 space - after this, you just repeat what's in the asterisks, doing 2 dc in the next 2 st, and then 2 dc in the next ch-4 space until you get to the beginning of the rnd

that's about as straightforward i can tell ya - if i'm still not clear enough or if you've got other questions, feel free to pm or e-mail me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moxro
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2004 10:39:17 PM »

THAT'S F***ING AWESOME, THE COLORS LOOK GREAT!
VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004 04:21:50 PM »

Absolutely love this pattern!

Has anyone else had some problems with an extra stitch forming along the join line? Know I must be doing something wrong, but seems to be perfect everywhere else.

scribe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004 05:46:24 PM »

Has anyone else had some problems with an extra stitch forming along the join line? Know I must be doing something wrong, but seems to be perfect everywhere else.

After you slip stitch to join you slip stitch again into the next stitch, then chain 3 (or is it 4? I do 3) and then dc into the next stitch -- it doesn't seem right when you think about it, but otherwise you do get that extra stitch there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2004 06:13:00 PM »

After you slip stitch to join you slip stitch again into the next stitch, then chain 3 (or is it 4? I do 3) and then dc into the next stitch -- it doesn't seem right when you think about it, but otherwise you do get that extra stitch there.

It doesn't leave a gap? I tried it and it left such a big gap; but I didn't go all the way around and see if it pulled together. Does it pull tighter together when the next row is done?

Thanks,
scribe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playing Beer Pong
No Opponent in Backgammon
Bearing in to Win a Race in Backgammon
Bearing in to Save Gammon in Backgammon
Change Game Plan in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...