A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CANTON  (Read 10087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005 08:48:17 AM »

I just might do that!  Do you have a website for your gallery?  At one point, Plain Township was part of North Canton  Huh  Bah!  You're right...I might see you around.  Heck, the area's not that big.  I might have seen you around and not known it (and vice-versa).  To answer your question, I've been done with school for several years and it was out west.  Are you a native of Canton?  Any recommendations for cool things to do around the area?  I find myself in Columbus and Cleveland...but never really around Canton.  With the ever-increasing gas prices, that might change  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
MizMosa
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005 11:57:43 AM »

also, mizmoza...have you heard of the "vault" art gallery in wooster? i think i am going to head there to try to consign/sell a few things,and we are talking about doing a collaborative gallery show with them next spring...could you tell me anything about them?

Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply, I don't get to craftster as often as I'd like Smiley

Hmm...I know the Gallery in the Vault has a lot of glass and ceramic items.  Jewelry too.  I've never been inside, just peeked through the windows.  I live at the very north end of Wooster and I dont' drive, so I don't usually go all the way downtown much.  Our downtown slowly seems to be  gaining more interesting businesses though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005 08:37:49 AM »

hi!
i'm in akron so relatively close...i don't really know of any crafting events, i was hoping to get involved in some though. you know, non-little old lady ones.... let me know if you organize something around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005 08:48:45 AM »

Hi dee521!

I agree with you about the crafting events issue.  If there's enough interest, we should just get together as a group and make it happen!   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005 08:52:42 AM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005 08:52:24 AM »

Just wanted to say a quick 'virtual' hello to sassyfrass!  I still have not made it in to check out Cyrus...but I have every good intention of doing that!   Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005 09:05:07 AM »

hi loves2,
yeah definitely let's get something together, it really is slim pickings around here. i'm most free weekdays in the evenings and i'm into, well, pretty much anything....i got married earlier this year and did some crafty stuff for that, and after i was like, crap, look at all the stuff you can do!! what times/days work for everyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassyfrass
"get in the cool club"

mom said rock it till tha break of dawn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005 10:46:46 AM »

well guys,hello to everyone...i have info on a few crafting/fine art events around here...4 of which i will be participationg in...

october 21-22 is harvest treasures at the mc kinley room at the canton civic center...this is a favorite of mine because it benefits the mercy sevice league which i belong to...they used the money from last year,and whatever they make this year to build a boutique for cancer patients at the hospital...hours are 10-8 and 9-3.
vendors vary from very expensive to very affordable...and a VAST variety of different items,i always manage to spend all the money i make buying things though!!!

november 14th 11-3 is the kent state art and thrift market...it is on the 2nd floor of the kent student center,main branch,of course.i have never done this event before so we'll see how it goes...should be interesting,at least it will be young people... Wink

december 1-2 nd is harvest treasures take 2...AT mercy hospital..not sure on the hours of that yet...but i'm sure they will be at least 2 hours prior and following  regular work hours,because it is primarily aimed for the workers at mercy...but is also open to the public.

and finally,december 3rd is the avondale craft boutique...at the church across from avondale school off of fulton rd. and hillls and dales. this event is big,it was really crowded last year,so they have moved it to the church across the street...it is grandma mixed with a few younger people...i am only going to be doing select things at this fair...it is from 10-3:30.

there are numerous other craft shows around the holidays that one can find some cool little things at,but theses are the only one i really bother with.if i end up at the others,so be it.there is always christkindle market at the civic center,but prices are normally high at that,and it's 5 bucks at the door...(thumbs down)

after i read the previous posts about putting something together ourselves,i started thinking,i used to book shows here in town(punk rock,emo,rock,etc)and i would love to organize something like that...plus i own a gallery,so we could even approach it like a gallery show,just set up tabels and what not. BUT...i'm thinking that we would want to do some street work first.i had been thinking of starting a craft mafia around here for awhile now,recruiting gals and what not,just for something to do,so if we actually had one,got the word out about that first(colleges,coffee shops,galleries,bar bathroom walls, Wink etc...that it might actually get some people interested first.

what do you guys think??? i would totally be willing to organize this stuff,i love doing this shit.  Grin

what do you guys make too? what are you selling,etc? i want to get ideas of what we're working with...

sorry this is so long...i am out!!!  have wonderful days... jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005 01:31:57 PM »

hi jess--i'm not selling anything, i've just started dabbling in knitting, cross stitch, paper crafts, quilting, sewing, etc. but i'm really interested in learning new stuff and just meeting some like-minded people. i would love to help start something, even though i'm not at the level of selling my stuff  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005 02:07:47 PM »

sassyfrass - Wow! That's quite a few craft events around town.  I'll have to take note of those dates and check them out Smiley  I've not really given much thought to selling my craftwork.  Most of the stuff I make ends up as gifts to my friends and family.  I do a little of everything - miniature teddy bears, sewing, knitting, paper architecture, beading, etc.  I like crafting because it is therapeutic.  Okay, back to you.  What do you sell?  Perhaps I'd just have to stop by and see what's at Cyrus Cheesy   

dee521 - Like yourself, I'm always looking for opportunities to learn new crafts and meet folks who enjoy crafting.  If you guys are interested in meeting (perhaps once a month?) on a weeknight, that'll be cool!  Perhaps we could pick a theme once a month (rubber stamps, quilting, polymer clay, etc.) and go from there. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
sassyfrass
"get in the cool club"

mom said rock it till tha break of dawn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005 08:26:20 AM »

i am totally up for hanging out once a month,asking me what i do is like asking an infinite question...

i am new to picture hosting, i feel like a total dork!! so i hope this worked.
that is a purse i made that is sold already, but i do stuff like that,mixed media work,lots of handbags,fine art jewelry,pins,custom cakes,custom furniture,which i wish i had pics of on here,because it is totally rad(if i do say so myself.)i do about a million different things.i just started doing soaps again too for the holiday fairs i'm doing...sassysuds...all handmade,with neat packaging.
i crochet,i write,i sew,i do too much all at once most of the time,and i also have a 2 year old that is insane!!!
i just like DOING things,and i make a living at it while i do it,so that is a plus.
i will try to post more  pictures,i'm on my mom's computer now,so that's the only pic i had here.
let me know what you guys think..how old are you guys too...interested for the purpose of a meeting place...wondered if we needed an all ages place to meet...let me know!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 11:22:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Serge Normant Shows You How to Look Like Sofia Vergara
How to Do a Messy Mermaid Braid
Get Simple Beachy Summer Waves
Best Hair Care Products For Ethnic Hair
Beachy Waves for Short Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...