A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wardrobe Revamp Craftalong  (Read 45658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krissykat
« Reply #330 on: December 09, 2005 04:46:32 PM »

I found this super-awesome faux leopard fabric on sale at the craft shop!!! They only had 1.5m left, so I bought it all. So far, I've made a collar and a stole/wrap. (I'm hoping they can count as outerwear! Grin)

The pattern for the collar came from last December's issue of Bust. The only problem is, I don't really know how to wear it (as in what to wear it with). I love it anyway.

They're both backed with shimmery red satin.

I'm also planning to make a scarf, a muff, and a collar & cuffs for a boring black jacket. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2005 05:01:14 PM »

How cute, krissykat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
krissykat
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2005 10:13:06 AM »

How cute, krissykat!

Thanks!    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruwena
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2005 03:11:38 PM »

you are all so brilliant and inspirational! Very cute clothes everywhere.

I started reading this thread last night and finally just finished it (I did sleep and eat and stuff). With the crash and all its taking so long to load pages so it took extra long to read. I would like to join in since I have about 10 shirts and 2 pairs of pants/trousers/jeans/whatever you prefer to call them and I really do need more. I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia so I stay home in PJ's the majority of the time. I have a lot of fatigue so I do the same thing as I read some of you do...start a project and set it down and never finish it. This should encourage me to finish things Smiley K now that I've talked your ear off I'll go peek at my "stash" Wink

« Last Edit: December 10, 2005 03:14:01 PM by ruwena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mermaidsvoice
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2005 09:58:15 AM »

I'm just posting because- i asked to join this and have my first peice of outerwear done for december, and a skirt to show for Nov. but still have to photo them. I might not be around for a week or two (the season), so I'm just saying I still want in on this and have a bunch done- just need to find the time to photo and upload them. Yay for my new neon yellow bolero! ^_^

krissykat- the collar and stole are awesome. ^_^ like I said to smarmy (on LJ)- leopard is my obsession. so anything leopard (and on sale!) is hot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been Changed for Good.
krissykat
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2005 11:41:53 AM »

krissykat- the collar and stole are awesome. ^_^ like I said to smarmy (on LJ)- leopard is my obsession. so anything leopard (and on sale!) is hot.

Agreed!   and thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spitbubbleluv
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2005 11:13:26 AM »

So I'm a bit late for replying about the skirts.  I made 6 skirts.  Some didn't photograph well.  I made a black satin pencil skirt, a tutu, one of those skirts where you take a square of fabric and cut a hole in the middle for a waist and I did a reconstruction.  I took an old 80's prom dress that my MIL had bought me thinking it was a 50's dress!?!  It was big enough to where I could fit my whole family in it.  The bow on the back was absolutely awful.  The top was polyester with shoulder pads!!!  So basically ugly city.  But the skirt was pretty.  Its turquoise with a black velvet floral pattern flocked on it.  So I made it just a skirt.  Its a very full skirt.  But I'm still not sure if I like it or not.  No picture though.
But here's 2 I did get pics of:

Another Anthropologie knock off.  Its really pretty but the tulle clings to the skirt part instead of flowing.  Any suggestions?

And another tutu.  My other one was multi-tiered and in the photo I tried to take it came out like a big blob of tulle. 

Here's my December outerwear.  Only one so far.

A hoodie with a pink gingham flannel applique.  I wear it more than you can imagine.  So does my husband which is funny because its so girly.  I made it girly so he couldn't steal it!!!  He has a hoodie with appliques on the lower back corner and the hood so I was partly inspired by it and partly inspired by the hoodies at fred flare.  It was easy and I finished it in one evening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2005 03:30:38 PM »

awesome hoodie!

Note: I got a serger for my birthday and a new sewing machine for christmas, so expect me to be posting here more often (hopefully)! Once I get some thread...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2005 07:41:10 PM »

awesome hoodie!

Note: I got a serger for my birthday and a new sewing machine for christmas, so expect me to be posting here more often (hopefully)! Once I get some thread...

hey humblestrumble - congrats on the serger! has anyone told you the trick about the serger thread? buy one spool of good quality thread like guuterman or mettler for the needle (it's a bonus that the needle uses way less thread than the loops), then buy the crap big spools for the loops. works great, is much cheaper, but still keeps consistant tension in the needle (which the crap thread does not!). this is especially inportant when you're serging with darker colours, because the darker the thread, the more likely it is that the cheap ass stuff will break. aparently, the more dye there is in the thread, the weaker it is.

you'll find that a hell of a lot less frustrating than rethreading it constantly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
ruwena
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2005 09:23:11 PM »

My serger and I speak different languages Sad Good Luck with yours Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter Y
How to Draw Cosmo
How to Draw the Dark Knight
How to Gesso a Canvas
How to Line Draw
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...