A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wardrobe Revamp Craftalong  (Read 44761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2005 07:19:24 PM »

Thanks! No, it's not boned, but it has that shape, too many peices of fabric! It took me ages, much longer than my usual sewing jobs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2005 07:38:22 PM »

I love the desing of the shirt. How long would you say it took? My pattern should be here soon. I don't use patterns so I'm nervous but we'll see how it works out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2005 08:51:55 PM »

thanks. It felt like it took forever, but I guess it only took a couple of hours from start to finish. I don't usually use patterns, either, so that's probably why it took so long. I'm making another one today, so I'll let you know how long it took.

I guess it was fidly because it's fully lined, so it was like making two shirts and then sewing them together, and then it felt like metres of top sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandalu
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2005 10:55:39 PM »

I wish I could join this craftalong, my wardrobe is boring as well. School + crappy computer, however, does not a good craftalong member make. Either I won't have the time or I just won't be able to upload pictures, and that sucks.

However, I am now REALLY inspired to start sewing myself stuff again, I got off the bandwagon and just focused on the knitting and handbags. So, thank you for the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2005 10:42:06 AM »

I wish I could join this craftalong, my wardrobe is boring as well. School + crappy computer, however, does not a good craftalong member make. Either I won't have the time or I just won't be able to upload pictures, and that sucks.

I won't be able to upload pictures either, so don't let that stop you. And if you are really busy and miss a month or something, I really don't think we'd kick you out and shun you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
Tinaah

So much fabric, so little time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2005 03:40:56 PM »

Jade mentioned making a pencil skirt, and I thought of a great pattern I've made, Christine Jonson's Pencil Skirt. I made her Wrap Top in the same fabric, although I'm not sure she intended them to be worn together ... think she had a bigger sweater/top in mind for the skirt, which is really slimming. Here are some pix, made very small to fit in my gallery. If you're considering making one or both patterns, I can email you better pix to see more detail, etc. I'm sure you can make the skirt in any length; I should have shortened the top a bit for my shorter than normal waistline, I can see from these pix! Wink heh, hugs, tinaah

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 03:15:04 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We walked around 'til the moon got full like a plate,
and the wind blew an invocation and I fell asleep at the gate.
And I never stepped on the cracks 'cause I thought I'd hurt my mother.
And I couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under, pulled me under.
 -- Jeff Buc
PinkMafia

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2005 07:28:25 PM »

Nice job!

I just got my pattern in the mail and I'm nervous. I've never made anything this difficult and patterns scare me. Plus, it needs boning. I hate boning, its so uncomfortable. do you think I can leave it out or will the shirt be screwed up? The whole reason I wanted to make a corset was so I could make my own without boning. The pattern didn't say it needed any on the package. What do you all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissykat
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2005 08:29:42 PM »

My first shirt (modelled by the lovely Beulah)! I made it last night, fell asleep in it when I tried it on, and just wasn't in the mood for ironing, so that's my excuse for why it's so wrinkly. I have no excuse for why my craft space is so untidy, other than chronic clutter! lol                   

There are a couple more pics on my blog, http://kraftykat.blogspot.com.
Any comments or critiques are welcome!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 08:47:29 PM by krissykat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2005 09:36:56 PM »

Nice job!

I just got my pattern in the mail and I'm nervous. I've never made anything this difficult and patterns scare me. Plus, it needs boning. I hate boning, its so uncomfortable. do you think I can leave it out or will the shirt be screwed up? The whole reason I wanted to make a corset was so I could make my own without boning. The pattern didn't say it needed any on the package. What do you all think?

you could try it without boning in a sample, but the boning is generally there for a reason. however, the more boning you use, the more comfortable it is, and the more like an actual corset it is. even most bustiers have boning, and all corsets do. but i guess it depends on why you're making a corset/bustier. do you want to actually be able to lace it, or do you just like the basic style? if you really don't want boning, i'd interface all the pieces with fairly firm interfacing, so that it at least has some support.

it's not really difficult, it's just time consuming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
PinkMafia

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2005 10:11:16 PM »

I have one corset and its so uncomfortable. i can't bend over to tie my shoes. Is that normal? the pattern calls for a zipper but I think I will leave the last panel off and do ties in the back. I have to think about the boning. I'm lazy and don't want to make a sample.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Amy Wechsler
Authors Reveal Their Favorites
Meet Author Philip Smith
Meet Author Jimmy Carter
Meet Food Writer Michael Ruhlman
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...