A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,951
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wardrobe Revamp Craftalong  (Read 45727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2005 02:52:31 PM »

Oh Thank you Crafty_dame! I knew what one was all along, but I didn't remember that it had a name or something ... silly me I guess. That's sooo cool that you're making one! I really liked the red one too! And apparently so did my boyfriend haha.

Yea, I used to be in ballet, and this one time...I think it was when I played the Queen in swan lake that I had to wear a bustle under my dress which must have had a bustle skirt attached to it. It was 8th grade, so it's hard to remember for me. Now my boyfriend wants me to make that red satin one. But I would have NO idea how to go about doing that. I mean, I know how to gather, and sewing layers doesn't sound bad, but I noticed that that one does this rounding thing at the bottom. I think? I hope I don't sound crazy but it does look rather round-edged to me, and it seems like it may be more of a skort since I think it was a skirt attached to the shorts?

Kinda reminds me of moulin rouge - the movie. It must be the satin red/pale skin/whore look. In a good way though, cause I like it and I'm not a whore. I meant pin up girl I guess haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2005 05:27:01 PM »

PinkMafia - Which pattern are you thinking of doing? I think I'll buy the Vogue one, if it's not too low cut.

I ordered McCall's 4833. I like the skirt on the left and may make a knee length one next month.
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4833.htm?tab=evening_prom_bridal&page=1

Hopefully I can pull it off, I'm not much of a pattern user but I wanted to give it a shot. Now, hopefully it doesn't take forever to get to me. My 2 year old makes it impossible to shop so I ordered it online.

Jade- did you get your shoes yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2005 07:00:34 PM »

I forgot to say I'm going to make the center one, A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2005 07:37:45 PM »

yeah, i just did like 5 swaps in a month and a half and it totally knocked my dick in the dirt.  plus i just started my last semester of schoolin.  between that and ebay (and now crafting for myself, woohoo!) i just can't fathom throwing a swap or two in there. 

i swapped 'til i dropped!  okay, that was bad.  i give someone permission to smack me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2005 02:20:43 PM »

I'd really like to join up too, but if you don't mind, I think I'm going to try my hand at altering some of these tutorials and patterns so that they fit my ever-expanding belly (I'm two months pregnant right now and freaking over the cost of maternity clothes - and the used stuff at thrift stores is 90% ugly as sin).  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

This is going to be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
princessblueberry
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2005 01:35:45 AM »

Ok...count me in...loosing weight and am anticipating shrinking sizes.  That and I need to re-teach myself to sew.  This is my first attempt at anything clothes wise in over 10 years. . .

So funny thing. . .found this thread and both patterns today and thaught immedatly to the shirt and fabric I got yard saling this summer, suprise, suprise they matched n' whiped this up, suprising myself and DH.  He said 'looks like you actually know what your doing.'  LOL, exactly how I felt, along with supprise!

flapper + tank

=flapper tank

Sewed tank top to flapper bottom, only change was I cut the 'squares' in half and only used 4 halves, to alter the color.

I love it  Grin although DH thinks I'm a bit crazy  Roll Eyes (but that is norma)l. . .he said the dress was not flattering but I think that was just his angle...looking up from the couch  Tongue 

P.S. Sorry it is so big am still figuring that out. . .and yes, I've got shorts under that.  LOL, Am wearing it to Church tomorrow for a Ladies Night shindig.  All in all it was $4. . .shirt and vintage fabric were 50 cent items from yard sale and green yarn n' ribbon were walmart specials.

On the way home from Walmart I stoped byt Saintly Seconds (second hand store) we'll see what I come up with using the two corosponding shirts.  Both were only a $1. . .am excited and inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2005 05:06:14 AM »

I like that you put the ribbon along the hem.

I made a cute shirt tonight. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2005 11:22:29 AM »

OK, I have three days off from work, and will definatly get some crafting done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miyoko79

Sigh...it's too true.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2005 05:17:47 PM »

Hi, I'm new to craftster but I'd love to join this craftalong!  So far my sewing experience has been limited to straight lines (pillowcases, curtains), so I need a kick in the a** to do something more difficult Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It turns out they do make hats in my size. They are called "BUCKETS" and they sell them at the hardware store."
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2005 05:28:30 PM »

Nooo I started school and my crafting time has decreased!  Cry I'll have to prioritize my time now *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Artistic Gift Tags
How to Create a Ribbon Rose
How to Do a Blanket Stitch
How to Gift Wrap with Tissue Paper
How to Wrap Clothes as Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...