A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Name swap gallery  (Read 4661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewberrycrazy
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005 06:52:10 PM »

the strap is the perfect length...i love long straps!!

That was lucky.  I don't think most people like them too long, but I usually end up making them that way because I love long straps too.  I wear my purses across my body a lot of the time, because I hate the way they fall off if I just wear them on my shoulder. 

Anyway, definitely ask for the second book for Christmas its hilarious.  But, for me, that may only be because I read it before I saw the movie (which wasn't the case with the first one) and I usually like a book/movie better when I read it first.

EDIT:  hmmmm?  what a about a Bridget Jones swap?  hmmmmm?  Sorry, just thinking out loud.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005 07:36:09 PM »

I wear my purses across my body a lot of the time, because I hate the way they fall off if I just wear them on my shoulder. 

EDIT:  hmmmm?  what a about a Bridget Jones swap?  hmmmmm?  Sorry, just thinking out loud.  Tongue

yes i feel that pain!! also a lot less effort is required, for example, i love clutches but the whole holding it all the time puts my off a little. haha im just lazy

that'd be a cool swap. and maybe we would have a letter in the style of the original columns about our own bridget jones situation!

you should put it in new swap themes ideas, i think heaps of people would do it.

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2005 09:15:58 PM »

GORGEOUS bag, i really love it Smiley lillies are one of my favorites, too... it's hard to do something with stargazers, though, but you did an excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stickysweetfun

only slightly faster than a one-legged armadillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2005 08:45:39 PM »

I haven't heard from _androidette since the first send-out date, but the USPS says tha it was delivered over a week ago.  So, Pink_Hula suggested I go ahead and post what I sent - and since I'm a show-off, I can't resist!

Here's everything in one shot.  Heehee...  I sort of had that first-time swap anxienty, so I trhew in a few extras, too.  Wink 
The bundle on the upper left is a trio of embroidered felt coasters - I'm kinda mad at myself for not getting them all individually.  Her name is Cinthya, which was an epithet of the place (mountain, really) on which the goddess Artemis was born.  So I followed the Artemis theme, and embroidered on each an image of a mountain, moon & stars, and a bow & arrow (respectively),a nd bordered them with blanket stitching.  Her middle name is Maria, which means "bitter," and also has connections with "the sea" (with 'mar'/'mer').  She said that "bitter" always reminds her of green apples - so of course I saw green apples floating in the night sea, and that inspired the top bracelet.  For the second bracelet, she said she was newly in love with ruby red and aqua blue, so there was a simple wire bracelet with glass beads.  Smiley  And I just couldn't resist throwing in some tasty japanese candies, and a pair of felt flowers for her hair in her favorite colors.

A closeup of the Maria bracelet.  I'm really poud of this, because I haven't made a non-macrame'd bracelet in over ten years.   Smiley  I love the little apple-colored fishie! (that of course is all fuzzed out in the back)

Fake kanzashi!  I love kanzashi, and I'm too impatient to learn the folding just yet, and I have a huge bag of felt from eBay - so ta-daaa!  I had a pair in some of her favorite colors, red and black, so of course!  It was her first swap, too, so I wanted to make it a doozy.   Grin

I really hope that _androidette's recent absence from Craftster isn't because of something terrible.   But I suppose all I can do is wait, and hope for the best.  Undecided

(This is my first real post where I've shown stuff I've crafted!  Hooray!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005 09:22:31 PM »

i love both the bracelet (good job, really!) and the hair pins. soo cute! i want some now!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005 01:02:33 AM »

that bracelet is absolutely awesome!! it looks so cool in that picture!!

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
bagged_cereal
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005 01:05:21 PM »

the top bracelet is awesome! and your coaster idea was cool, too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh, we deprive a soul of the sun and light and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy - Plutarch
ForevrBee
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005 02:32:59 PM »

I finally got mine. DithMer wasn't exactly sure what to do without it sounding too Religious-y (Kristin=Annointed) , so she just sent a set of 6 peach scented soaps in the shape of cherubs & a bunch of matching cards & envelopes with my name on each card.

I kinda feel bad cuz' what I sent to my partner didn't end up in good shape (Iron-on decals fell off & also tore the material I used.) To DithMer, thanks & to Pink Kittie (She also goes by another username), again, I'm sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
mommiemed
Our New Business

I am a true Firefighter wife....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005 09:15:22 PM »

I haven't recieved anything for the name swap.. I patiently waiting.  I go everyday to check on my package, and poof, not a thing...
mommiemed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005 01:55:31 PM »

I received mine, mommiemed!  I can't remember all the great stuff I got off hand, but when I get a chance at home I promise that I'll post!
-Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Up a Sleek Velvet Suit Like Elizabeth Olsen
Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristen Stewart Show Their Love for Louis Vuitton
How to Style Leopard Print For Spring
CK Underwear: Bold
Taylor Swift Shows Off Her Tomboy Side
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...