A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Name swap gallery  (Read 5200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bagged_cereal
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005 10:46:21 AM »

anyone else received yet? i'm curious Smiley

*bump*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh, we deprive a soul of the sun and light and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy - Plutarch
manypheathers
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005 10:57:52 AM »

I am so not up to all the popular sayings on the net. Such a geek I am.... heh heh.
What does *bump* mean?.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005 04:31:41 PM by manypheathers » THIS ROCKS   Logged

One nation under a groove. Gettin' down just for the funk of it.
sewberrycrazy
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005 11:39:48 AM »

Pink Hula received her stuff from me, and said that she would post pictures soon.  I love to see stuff I've made in its new "home", but if she doesn't get a chance to do pictures in the next couple of days I will post the ones I took.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005 12:45:38 PM »

What does *bump* mean?. Also, is there a website that maybe gives a directory of this type of stuff and there meanings?
 Huh

i think "bump" just means that by posting in this thread, it "bumps" it up on the list in its category Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stickysweetfun

only slightly faster than a one-legged armadillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005 01:29:49 PM »

I can finally post pictures of what Lasandri sent me!  Sorry it took me nearly a week - my computer had a nasty virus, so I was stuck using the DBF's laptop, which hates my camera with a passion.  *le sigh*  I'm so happy my computer is all better!

Anyway, on to the goodies! 

My name neans "night" and "the joyful, playful will of God,"  --NOT the easiest meanings to craft!-- but she did so wonderfully!  She sent me some lovely stationery (which is so perfect! I've been getting into letterwriting lately), a bamboo necklace with a lovely amethyst centerpiece, a nifty decorated tin, and a beautiful purple-marooney scarf in eyelash yarn.  And it's nice and long, just how I like them!

A closeup of the little tin.  I love it!  I'm already using it to stow all my pointy crafting bits (needles, pins, the all-purpose razorblades) next to my computer, so the DBF can't fuss at me for leaving boobytraps for him, heeheehee.  (Seriously, am I the only one?  I never step on needles, but my BF's feet/fingers/whatever will find every loose one in about 5 minutes (the painful way)!)  This also gives me a ton of ideas for sprucing up all my little watchmaker tins, too.  Aren't those things great?

THANK YOU, LASANDRI!
You helped make my first swap be just awesome.  Oh!  And a big thankie to Pink_Hula, too!  You've been great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005 01:41:13 PM »

wow i'm so happy that you like everything! i really wanted to make you something knitted, but i couldn't get past the fact that you were in florida and therefore, might never be cold. so i made you something fun instead Smiley i'm so happy you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bagged_cereal
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005 02:04:28 PM »

lasandri had it right - i 'bumped' the topic closer to the top of the message board so everyone would see it and hopefully respond Tongue

and hey, it worked. awesome stuff, lasandri! i'd love to see more pictures but i'll be patient. i guess the deadline for this was extended, anyway. i haven't received, but i'll post when/if i do.. my partner hasn't been around at all Sad still have time though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh, we deprive a soul of the sun and light and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy - Plutarch
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005 03:30:08 PM »

hi guys,

here is the awesome stuff i got from sewberrycrazy (who is a most excellent swapper!!)

unbelieveably awesome bag! i think this photo is quite cool

close up of bag

closer close up

cool purse

inside of purse

writing paper, diary, book mark it is lucky because i started reading bridget jones just after i got this package...what an awesome book, made better by a cool book mark) and pens which say "susan" there are also a purple and blue pen which (hopefully) gave me luck in my maths exam last week!!

and one more of the bag:

an "action" shot, because who doesn't take cool bags into the bathroom!! (my room was a bit too messy to be shown to all you fine craftsters)

thankyou very much amy, i LOVE everything.

i have taken that bag everywhere!! to school, work, sydney, the supermarket, and people have commented on it everywhere. it is great thankyou

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
sewberrycrazy
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005 05:09:44 PM »

Awesome pictures, thank you so much for posting them.  I'm so glad you like everything.  I've read both Bridget Jones books and I especially love the second one, so if you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it.  I read most of it at work about a year ago, and I laughed out loud (LOUD) so many times that I thought I would get in trouble for sure.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005 06:00:54 PM »

i haven't read the second one! i really want to but i never have enough money for it, so i was going to wait til chrsitmas and ask for it.

i think bridget jones is one of the only books i actually laugh out loud to!!

i forgot to say that inside the bag is a biggish pocket and a pen pocket!

and the strap is the perfect length...i love long straps!!

Susan

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Cranberry Sauce
Artichoke Chicken With Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce Recipe
How to Cut Apart a Whole Chicken
How to Carve a Thanksgiving Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...