A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Neutral Swap Feedback?  (Read 3605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2005 09:30:09 PM »

I have a problem in a swap that's going on at the moment. What do I do about people who do the wrong thing, but eventually do the right thing?

Like the girl who sent her package but lied to me about getting a DC or someone who sends, eventually, but after no communication for weeks, or people who just make your swap experience hell?

I would like to be able to give someone neutral feedback, rather than just positive feedback with comments, though I have to admit that I think I've just organised the worst behaved swap ever.

Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005 07:35:12 AM »

Hmmm.. like on Ebay.
I think it wouldn't work here, because unfortunately here our feedback governs whether or not we can participate in more swaps. All positives and we can, a negative and we can't. If we had a neutral, would it just be a warning to the organizer? Would they have the option to turn away that particular swapper based on the notes left by the past organizer?

I think it would end up being too hard because if you accidentally pissed someone off too much, they could give you a neutral- which would "tarnish" your swap rep. Organizers are less likely to slap a Negative on someone because they know the effect of it, and only do it if it was necessary. If neutral was an option, I think a lot of people would get it- which in the long run may not be too fair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005 08:08:39 AM »

I think it would serve as a warning to other organisers. There's nothing to say that you have to let someone in your swap if they have all positive.

I would hope that no one would give neutral just because they were pissed at someone. I'm talking about people who blatantly lie, who take weeks to send, but who do eventually do the right thing. Should I just give them negatives?

If there are issues with feedback, mods can change it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005 08:19:24 AM »

I don't swap much so my opinion may not weigh in but I think you have a great idea Jadey. Just because the people eventually come through does not make for a positive swap experience for their partner or organizer. Future swapees should know who they are dealing with ahead of time, for instance they can expect to get their package late (or not get any response when their package is received, not communiate, or ________ whatever the case is). I think the feedback should be honest or else it's worthless. On the other hand, I would hate to give somebody neutral or bad feedback and hurt their feelings..... which is why I don't swap much or organize.
Anyway, I'm sorry that you are having a bad time with your current swap, I hope it all works out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005 09:46:48 AM »

I'm talking about people who blatantly lie, who take weeks to send, but who do eventually do the right thing. Should I just give them negatives?

I think that's an issue you have to take up with mods.
Personally, I see where you're coming from with the neutral feedback and overall I like the idea- as it does serve as a warning for the organizers. But I just see there being issues with it. As I said, here feedback actually governs whether or not we can swap- so neutral would be (obviously) an between... and free for people to interpret as they wish. If that's the case, you could give the person you're having a problem with a positive (since they did send in the long run) but in the notes detail that they lied, and sent weeks late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
hijole

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005 08:58:01 PM »

But what's the point of giving someone a positive who didn't communicate, says they sent late (but their swap partner received nothing), didn't get a DCN, had swap angels cover them, and then much later (after the swap is closed) sends some stuff out?

I can't see any way that's a positive.  I know for a fact that there are swappers out there taking advantage of the system in just this way -- and they deserve negative feedback, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005 09:06:21 PM by hijole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005 06:52:00 AM »

True, but what I understand from the "How to participate in/organize a swap" post:

"If you don't fulfill your end of the swap and you don't let the swap organizer know that you're going to be late, you'll get Negative Feedback and you won't be able to sign up for any more swaps until you clear this up."

This implies (to me) that once it's cleared up, your negative will be changed to a positive and you can swap again.

It's pretty crappy that people lie, have other people cover for them, etc and then finally send out much after the swap is closed. I think that deserves a Negative too. But like I said, that piece up there makes it seem like once they've finally sent they can have a positive to swap again.
It's a case by case basis. If that person was such a problem, something should be done about him/her. Talk to the Admin if you feel they don't deserve a Pos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005 01:46:12 PM »

i like the neutral idea.  it seems like organizers (i'm organizing one now and i'll get on the feedback ball in a minute) almost never leave comments with feedback.  i've puts tons of effort into everything i've made, and been a day late in mailing a couple of times, but i let both the organizer and the partner know, and that package is out asap the next day.  but, it seems like lately alot of swappers have been half-heartedly doing things.  one of my partners is almost a week late is mailing, and i've heard nothing.  another one never asked me anything even though i sent a list of questions, and that sorta bothers me because it's like they're not that concerned about making something i'll like.  on the other side, i've had partners who were good or amazing with communication.  so, i think either a new rating system would be helpful, or organizers need to leave truthful comments.  say they did send, but weren't good about communicating, or their craft was poorly done, or maybe they were super-stellar.  future organizers could match people up of similar par.  either way, it would help organizers and swappers frustration and dissapointment. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristen81
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006 07:59:34 PM »

I really think this should be added as a swap feedback option.  I am currently in a swap now (not organizing) and the deadline was TWO WEEKS AGO!!! and there is a list of NINE people who have not sent yet. 

People are totally taking advantage of the fact that they will still get positive feedback even if they ship out super late. 

There should be some sort of system in place that even if the swap is eventually completed and the late swapper sends we can leave them crappy feedback.

I was thinking that Neutrals will work out well.  Maybe once a swapper gets a certain number of Neutrals (two or three) they have to be a Swap Angel or send in the Unconditional/Birthday Swap before they can join another swap. 

Just makes sense to me, why should these people get to keep swapping and sending weeks late???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006 06:19:49 AM »

even with the understanding that real life will throw curveballs (we just had the tranny drop out of Lance's car, but it was in the parking lot, not on the road, so he's fine.) there is no excuse for consistent late sending.

The comments section really needs to get put to more use, both for good and not so good remarks.

my two shekels

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Takeout: Geometric Patterns
Street Style: FiDi Street Style From Kids to Christian Louboutin
Street Style: Did We Catch You Holiday Shopping?
Street Seen: Anna Dello Russo H&M Takeover
Shop Around: Maison Kitsuné
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...