A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Neutral Swap Feedback?  (Read 3876 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006 02:38:49 AM »

I'm in a similar boat, believe it or not, except that my schedule varies from 30 to 70 hours per week, and I don't always know ahead of time what sort of week it's going to be.  I stay in contact with my partner & organizer, as well, BUT that doesn't change the fact that I'm sending late.

The bigger problem seems to be that people send out late and, instead of focusing their energy on finishing their swaps, they sign up for more, compounding the problem.  Neutral feedback and/or use of comment fields might curb that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem entirely, in which case, I retract my previous statement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006 02:42:29 AM »

well i'd be totally fine with being banned from signing up for another swap if i were sending late for one i was already in.  maybe that's the perfect solution.   because i really feel like if there are circumstances that are just completely beyond my control, "neutral" feedback would deter me from signing up for swaps. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006 02:53:32 AM »

i think this is a good idea. i just organized a swap where every single person sent late and some people dropped off the face of craftster. others don't even want to communicate despite repeated DCN's. one of my swappers sent but i could never find out from her or her partner if they had received... i felt kind of bad giving her negative feedback, but that's the rules! you need to communicate to get good feedback. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006 02:59:08 AM »

On re-reading, I think I may have misunderstood the premise ...

what *I* was thinking was that NEUTRAL feedback would stop you from signing up for any more swaps, but isn't the "permanent black mark" that NEGATIVE is (so maybe organizers would be more willing to use it).

So in a case where someone sends a week late but is in communication with partner/organizer, they get a Neutral until the package is received, with it changed to Positive with Comments after the partner receives.

Or maybe it's 2 am and I really shouldn't try to think, let alone type ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006 03:18:27 AM »

what *I* was thinking was that NEUTRAL feedback would stop you from signing up for any more swaps, but isn't the "permanent black mark" that NEGATIVE is (so maybe organizers would be more willing to use it)

actually, a negative is not permanent, 'cause an organizer can change it at any time; i was kinda concerned about giving them out, but the mod that advised me on it told me that it was totally changeable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006 10:11:35 AM »

actually, a negative is not permanent, 'cause an organizer can change it at any time; i was kinda concerned about giving them out, but the mod that advised me on it told me that it was totally changeable.

Huh.  I wonder why folks are so reluctant to give them, then?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006 10:53:22 AM »

because it's "mean" and no one likes being "mean" even if it is for solid cause.

add to that hurt feelings and how reactive folks can be when it's their feeling that got munched. no matter how hard folks try to explain the why's, someone is going to have an "everyone HATES me" snit and stir up a huge fuss...

I get my feelings slapped I walk away and do something else until i can think things through and see if the "slap" was *really* intended as a slap or if it was me being hypersensitive...  But I've also done juried works shows where the judge *hated* my guts (the lets throw some gas on the fire and see if we can get the fire to flare up in your face kind of *hate*) so I've seen how nasty a small portion of the population can be (no one from here though) and can easily see why folks would  NOT want to be categorized as anything like them.

Negatives here really are more a slap on the fingers after being caught in the cookie jar *again* right before supper than a "chop the thieving hand off the infidel" thing, but folks don't always take it as a gentle reminder to not "spoil" things, they take it as a personal attack.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Kristen81
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006 08:54:06 PM »

I was thinking Neutral feedback wouldn't stop people from joining more swaps until a certain number were awarded.  But them someone would need to monitor than (a Mod maybe). 

There should just be a way to attach feedback that doesn't necessarily stop people from swapping but puts a warning out there.  And maybe organizers who are organizing a more complicated swap (FOC, My Country doesn't have that) might wish NOT to include those who have Neutral feedback. 

here's what bothers me.  i've been late on swaps.  i work 50 hours a week, during the hours that the post office is open.  if i don't have my craft done by saturday morning, then i have to wait another week to send.  it just happens.  but i have ALWAYS been in contact with my partners.  they always know what's up.  and they're fine with it.  so if they're fine with it, i don't think it's a problem.

A lot of the time my partners have contacted me and said they will be sending late (some with really good reasons, like yours) and I have to say it's ok, 'cause really what choice do I have, it's gonna be late either way   Cheesy  If I say it's NOT ok it's not like they are going to get it out any sooner.  I've sent late too, and I feel like crap.  But for repeat offenders there should really be something we can do, if every person that eventually sends gets a positive, that sucks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006 09:49:19 PM »

I was thinking Neutral feedback wouldn't stop people from joining more swaps until a certain number were awarded.  But them someone would need to monitor than (a Mod maybe). 

There should just be a way to attach feedback that doesn't necessarily stop people from swapping but puts a warning out there.  And maybe organizers who are organizing a more complicated swap (FOC, My Country doesn't have that) might wish NOT to include those who have Neutral feedback.

If the participant is "In Progress," but they are in communication with you & for some reason they are sending 3 weeks late, couldn't you put the comments as "IN COMMUNICATION, BUT WILL BE SENDING 3 WKs. LATE"?  This would flag organizers that are looking to approve them for new swaps, that perhaps they don't need to join an additional swap at the time.

I think that would serve the same purpose as creating another feedback option (neutral).  Then once they sent, they can have a positive, but be sure to update the comments appropriately.  Possibly..."SENT 3 WKs LATE, but great package."

I don't ever see it as an option for a mod to monitor all profiles.  That made my head hurt just thinking about it...  Cheesy  I can't accurately tell you the the ratio of moderator:active feedback profiles, but I can imagine it's pretty crazy.  But if organizers are looking at profiles before they approve the individuals, I don't see how using the comments field for this purpose wouldn't be of some sort of help.

A lot of the time my partners have contacted me and said they will be sending late (some with really good reasons, like yours) and I have to say it's ok, 'cause really what choice do I have, it's gonna be late either way   Cheesy  If I say it's NOT ok it's not like they are going to get it out any sooner.  I've sent late too, and I feel like crap.  But for repeat offenders there should really be something we can do, if every person that eventually sends gets a positive, that sucks.

I think if everyone used the comments field in the manner I described above, it would be very easy to notice if someone has a pattern of sending late.  This would not only help future organizers, but us mods as well!  Smiley

If you are an organizer & notice an excessive repeat offender you can always contact a mod to investigate and/or take this into consideration when approving and partnering your participants.

Even if someone has 6 "SENT LATE" comments, it may or may not mean they are a habitual late sender.  All 6 occurrences may have occurred in the same 2 week timespan due to a family emergency or something of the like.  If the 6 "SENT LATE" comments span over months & month, well, then that's a different story.  Smiley  All of these things have to be taken into consideration.

That's just my ...I hope it does more help than harm!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006 10:00:30 PM »

Ohh!  I have also seen...

It was a month past the ship date, they were communicating with the organizer, but weren't able to give a estimated ship date yet, so they were given a NEGATIVE, but this was placed in the comments field...
Hasn't shipped although communication is going well. I will change to positive when item is received.

This prevented them from entering other swaps until their obligation was cleared.  That particular example still isn't cleared, but if it ever is, the comments should definitely make note that they eventually sent, but it was X weeks late/X months late/whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Flatten Hair
How to Achieve Hair Volume
Sugar Moisturizer for Your Hair
How to Make Your Hair Shine
Hair Color Products Recommendations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...