A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Neutral Swap Feedback?  (Read 3553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kristen81
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006 07:22:07 AM »

The comments section is good but even if an organizer puts "sent three weeks late"  that doesn't prevent the person from swapping ind sending late again and again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006 08:10:41 AM »

true.  But it does serve as reference to later organizers who should be checking and going "hey this person always sends late, maybe I shouldn't let them in"  the empty space tells no tales until something (good or bad) is put In it.

If the feedback isn't getting checked rubber stamping 3 inch high red letters saying BAD SWAPPER isn't going to help.

Just playing devils advocate

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Kristen81
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006 10:12:46 AM »

That's true, I've seen people with Neg's get into other swaps...it's just two bad people can't take a few seconds to check it would save other organizera a lot of headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006 10:34:41 AM »

I suspect most organizers do check the profiles, but we all want to believe the best of our fellows and sometimes there is a good reason for a short flurry of late sends and no sends (like being KO'ed by a drunk driver and being in the hospital for over a week, complication in a pregnancy or a really bad allergic reaction, or worse having someone in the family die) but that is a short term thing. 

Filling in the blank on the feedback forms would tell folks a LOT.  Is it just something in real life got hella nasty, does it coincide with final in school (or the start of a school term) or is it a regular constant thing.  Filling in that black would take some burden off the organizers checking their people.  Meaning they could just check the profiles of prospective swappers and only PM other organizers if they had a specific question (So-in-so has always gotten positives until SWAP X and PM the organizer and ask if they know why, if there is a good valid reason then let them in if not maybe think about not letting them in

No matter what organizing is a LOT of work, but I think we *have* the tools if we could (would?) just use them more effectively

Erm.. shutting up now..

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006 11:10:44 AM »

I think you are right! I have been dealing with this kind of problem for a few weeks (you know Mikaiyawa). And Kristen81 I am sorry about your slippers!

The problem I have noticed is that in the swap info guide there is very clear instructions for participating, and how to organize a swap until it gets to the end:

"If someone failed to fulfill their swap obligation and refused to communicate that they have a good reason or that they just need to have the deadline extended, then they get Negative Feedback.

If they communicated that they are going to be late, hold off on giving feedback until they do or not come though on their word.

Otherwise they get Positive Feedback."

And when filling out the "swap progress and feedback" sheet it says comments "only use this when swap is over"

OK, but what is "failed to fulfill their swap obligation"? And when does "communicating that they are going to be late become failed to fulfill swap obligations? That is completely up to the organizer and it would be so much easier if there were rules. Like when does not responding to Pm's become negative feedback? Like Didn't send on date and no response after a week becomes negative feedback no matter what. What is the accepted extention for a person who asked for an extention? I know that there are always exceptions to the rules, but if you keep in contact about needing more time and get it, you have to think about the recipient who is basically forced to agree to wait. There should also be a rule for organizers on a time frame for giving feedback, so that people aren't "in progress" FOREVER. Yes you have to check potential swappers, but after you have checked and added this person they may have gotten negative feedback and they only way to know is constantly checking. People seem so afraid of negative feedback, but the rules state that all you have to do to have your feedback changed is to fulfill your end of the swap, maybe the negative feedback should be used to halt a person from entering more swaps if they are late on another one. Or the comments should be used "in progress" instead of only at the end to notify other organizers that this person needs to finish this swap before joining more. Maybe there should be a specific set of comments so that everyone knows what the comments mean, some people are really clear when giving comments, some people don't use the comments, so the no comment for that swap isn't a sign of a bad swapper.
So many questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Kristen81
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006 07:56:54 PM »

And Kristen81 I am sorry about your slippers!

He he he...I was in NO WAY referring to you in this, you have been communicating with me the whole way so it's SUPER cool.

I'm mainly refering to the HP swaps that were doing right now, we have round 2 up and running now (fave house) and I'm reluctant to let in the people who haven't even sent yet in the first one (fave character). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006 08:59:15 AM »

I can understand that.

Maybe explain to the swappers that you would like to see proof they sent (DC#) *before* letting them take on another project.  Failing that it would be not let them in.  Is it just that pair or have the profiles left you a hinkey feeling for more than just those two?

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006 09:10:07 AM »

I've wondered about this too - the first few swaps I've done everyone sent on time or close to it - but the last three swaps it was a very long drawn out deal - most were pming but still sending weeks (mths) late. only ended up with three flakers out the 3 swaps which isn't horrible but it makes getting the angel packages so much later as I couldn't fully determ if they were going to flake or come thru (they were pming at first) So a full two mths later angel packages are finally going out.

The neutral would have been helpful with one new swapper - she said she sent but no DC - her partner never rec. and she did pm me several times - if her package got lost then she got a neg for not keeping up with her DC number now granted I always keep all my pm's till I get postive feedback but not everyone does - in this one case being able to give neutral with comments would have been nice.

makes it super hard to wrap up a swap - so sticking to paper art swaps for now - they should be fast and easy so people are able to send out on time.  - well hopefully    Smiley
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006 09:15:37 AM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006 12:09:15 PM »

As someone who sent a week late in the Fave Character swap, I can say I would have NO PROBLEM at all if there was neutral feedback in my profile or comments reflecting my late send-out.

I sent late.  I suck for sending late.  (Helath probs + work hecticness hit all at once.)  I'm on a self-imposed swap hiatus until I'm caught up on ALL my swaps.  And Kristen is right -- it's NOT fair to people who have their acts together to wait ... and wait ... and wait.

In the meantime, please use the comments field.  If anyone complains, send 'em to me.  *cracks knuckles*

~ Cindy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006 02:34:20 AM »

here's what bothers me.  i've been late on swaps.  i work 50 hours a week, during the hours that the post office is open.  if i don't have my craft done by saturday morning, then i have to wait another week to send.  it just happens.  but i have ALWAYS been in contact with my partners.  they always know what's up.  and they're fine with it.  so if they're fine with it, i don't think it's a problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Interview with Michael Yapko
Julia DeVillers Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Amy Reed Talks About Beautiful
Inventory Book Trailer
Promises Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...