A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mr. Jojo Munkles - My Sock Monkey (Updated: New Photos)  (Read 2759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nashira
« on: August 26, 2005 06:08:18 PM »

I've been tooling around this website for a few months now, and I'm finally making myself post something. This is Jojo Munkles, my very lovely sock monkey friend. I made him from a $2 pair of man socks from the gap (I saw them and was instantly charged with the duty of making a monkey). He took me about a day of sewing, which I haven't done in years, and was worth every stitch.

This is the only photo I have of him so far. Sorry it's only of his torso - I'll try to get around to taking a full length so you can get the full monkey experience.

*Updated*
Here's some more photos of Mr.Munkles; I took two full length ones cause I thought his legs looked a little stumpy in the first one (and I don't want to give the poor guy a complex). The closeup was mandatory as Jojo is a ham when it comes to the camera. Smiley

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 11:22:41 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ILiveForJesus
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005 06:11:22 PM »

cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005 09:06:07 PM »

haha cute. he looks winter-y. i'm not sure why, but he does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

00babygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005 07:24:09 AM »

Oh, Jojo is great! When I first saw him, the word "bohemian" came to mind. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chic
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005 02:47:45 PM »

Awww that's so adorable- I love it! Grin Awesome job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

f18 anyone? PM me. =)
Nashira
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005 02:22:10 PM »

Thanks for all the positive comments! I've never been much of a seamstress, so Jojo was a big turning point for me. I've made two more since I made him, and I have another one on the go presently.

Now that I have monkeys down-pat  I feel like I can accomplish just about anything stitch-wise! It's even given me more confidence in finishing my knitting projects.

Yay for Jojo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nashira
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005 10:49:01 AM »

Just thought I'd post the link to the tutorial I used. The only things I did differently are the ear shape (I have a thing for little squishy ears on my monkies) and the method by which I attached the arms and tail (I find pinning produces a straighter result). Happy monkeying!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
britknit
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006 03:23:34 PM »

I searched for Jojo (can I call him that? Or would he prefer Mr. Munkles?) after seeing him earlier today modelling with your fabulous blanket.

He is fabulous, and wonderfully cheeky.

How did you get the lovely shape on the ears?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like work; it fascinates me.  I can sit and look at it for hours. - Jerome K. Jerome
Orione
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006 11:51:35 PM »

He is very cute! I love his confident smile  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nashira
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006 12:06:48 AM »

hehehe.... Jojo's getting to be famous! Thanks for the added compliment of searching for him on the board.  Grin

Basically I cut his ears as half moons, sewed and lightly stuffed them, squeezed them together at the bottom and tacked the fabric of the inner ear together at the bottom edge. Then I positioned them the way I wanted on his head, held them in place with pins (being careful to fold the edges under) and went to town. Hope that makes sense! I'm going to try to make another sock monkey soon, so if not I can try to take some pics that may explain better than my rambling...  Wink
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006 12:10:47 AM by Nashira » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Winged Eyeliner
SELF Magazine’s 2014 Healthy Beauty Award Winners
How to Apply Blush
The Best Makeup at Sephora
Melt-Proof Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...