A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made 4 bags  (Read 5665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DaBunny

Stay clean. Make soap.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005 01:01:19 PM »

Those are gorgeous! I love the choice of fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rebecca's Soap Delicatessen - Buy soap.
Soap Deli News - My soap blog.
sherrylee69
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005 01:08:48 PM »

Your choice of fabrics is HOT! Great bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.
alisonrose
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005 05:10:50 PM »

I really adore these bags!  They are just super simple and cute.  I, like everyone else here, also gives you props on your choice of fabrics, you have great taste! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cimba
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005 05:15:09 PM »

wow, thanks everybody for your feedback!

I live in Rome, Italy and I often find fabrics in...something similar to thrift shops, I suppose. The sad thing is that quantities are limited: once a fabric is gone, is gone. Those were sold as multipurpose covers (like, to put on the sofa, on bed, etc) so you couldn't even choose the quantity.

lifetofullest: I didn't used a tutorial for these, but in the past I learned the basics to sew a bag from the Jordy tutorial on this forum. These are simple tote bags, and you can easily follow that tutorial playing around with measures and number of handles to get what you want.

Loobylashes: that's true! thanks for the hint

Crafty girl: they are available on my site, where you can find the prices and other infos; you can find the link on my signature below or under my usericon (I don't know if selling is permitted on this forum, so I won't enter in details here- sorry)

TheEverFalling: they could be totally reversible if I could clearly understand what makes a bag reversible and what not Smiley)  I never got it well, haha. I left a hole to reverse the bag, so in the lining there is sewing on that hole, I guess this makes them not reversible, although the sewn part is not so evident. How I can make a bag reversible? sorry for the strange question  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciao! Cimba // Homemade happy goodies, made in Italy with a smile!
http://www.ciaocimba.com
smoon26
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005 05:41:08 PM »

Those look awesome...a great size too!!  i am particularly fond of the fabric on the second bag!  You've got great taste in fabrics, obviously!  Great job!!  Keep it up!

edit...I went to your site and looked at the bags, and, just my opinion, they are worth more!  Especially if you are including shipping!!  But then I say this knowing that I have a hard time pricing my items at higher amounts!  My husband and friends keep trying to get me to stick up for myself more and not be afraid to give my items the value they deserve.  But I'm really self conscious, so its hard.  Anyway, I think they are great, and you should get more for your skill...People are paying for your talent and skills, not just the bag!!   Wink
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005 05:46:33 PM by smoon26 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005 06:40:16 PM »

Hi, Cimba: I am happy to see you posting on here. Your bags and fabric are great. I enjoyed your site. I do agree that the prices are too low,since you are paying for shipping. I wouldn't go under $40 US. But that's just me. Your fabrics are unique and so, you can ask for more. If your fabric is vintage, especially so.

Good luck and keep up the wonderful creativity that you flow in. Ciao!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pranita
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005 12:30:46 AM »

those r super happy bags!
i like the fabric of the first bag the most~  Cheesy
happy happy happy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hitgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005 06:42:53 AM »

These are gorgeous Cheesy they seem roomy but not too big. And the fabric is amazing <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janer

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005 06:52:53 AM »

TheEverFalling: they could be totally reversible if I could clearly understand what makes a bag reversible and what not Smiley)  I never got it well, haha. I left a hole to reverse the bag, so in the lining there is sewing on that hole, I guess this makes them not reversible, although the sewn part is not so evident. How I can make a bag reversible? sorry for the strange question  Grin

I have a suggestion on how to make them reversible: What I do is this. You sew up the bottom and side seams in the bag, leaving the top open, then you put them together, inner and outer, wrong sides together, and then you could iron down your seam allowance. When that is done, you just pin the handles in place, and topstitch around the top opening of the bag. That way all seams are hidden!

I hope that's not too confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

www.myspace.com/_jane_

http://www.wists.com/janer
Hitgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005 08:15:40 AM »

Janer, that's exactly what I do! Cheesy even when I'm not making things reversible. I just find it easier than leaving holes in the lining and pulling things through. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Individual-Serving Nachos for Your Next Tailgate
Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
Easy Ways to Give New Life to Thanksgiving Leftovers
Easy Thanksgiving Side: Sweet Potatoes with Chai-Spiked Marshmallows
How to Avoid the Last Minute Supermarket Dash
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...