A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Portfolio HELP!!!  (Read 813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Robyn Lisa
Avid Reader

Jewrific

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2005 05:07:59 PM »

Has anyone here has to submit a portfolio for school?

I am applying to get my Masters and I have never made a portfolio before, I Know what needs to be included but im not sure exactly what it needs to look like, organizational wise. I'm worried mine will come out looking too childish.

any suggestions?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewsew
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005 05:19:42 PM »

Please tell us what your major is, different areas of study require different types of porfolios.

Sewsew
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robyn Lisa
Avid Reader

Jewrific

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005 10:42:13 PM »

costume design for theatre.

I know what needs to be in my portfolio, i just dont know how I want to organize it, and what is appropriate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microtime
super-versatile

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005 01:51:36 AM »

I submitted a portfolio for undergrad (I will be attending The School of Art Institute of Chicago in the fall). Every school is different with their portfolio requirements (or lack of) but basically they just want to see your BEST portfolio quality work.  A typical portfolio contains about 10-15 slides.

I don't know if your portfolio has to be in slide or digital format but I reccommend doing both. It never hurts to have multiple copies of your portfolio (never send your only one)

Also be sure to include an inventory list of your pieces (title, size, media, etc..) and label your slides, you can do this yourself or have the place that develops your slides do it (don't but labels on them use a sharpie). If you don't have access to lights etc you can get digital photos made into slides but it does cost extra. One more thing...Its cheaper to take multiples of one piece than going back with your already made slides and getting them reprinted!

I organized my portfolio by series then date...I don't think it really matters just as long as it is organized and can be viewed with no problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my name is susie, nice to meet you.
craftsbian
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005 06:02:50 PM »

I have never done a slide portfolio, but I have done a paper one and a powerpoint one.  When I first went to college, I had a paper portfolio.  I took pictures of all my work and put them in plastic protectors and put them all in a nice lether binder.  When I went to grad school, I put a portfolio together on powerpoint and then just burnt it to a cd.  Each slide was a different picture and I created a background out of a distorted image of one of my artworks.  Hope this helps, Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try a Side-Hand Plank to Get Long and Lean
Get Amazing Arms Using Water Bottles Instead of Weights!
Get Your Heart Racing With Three Kinds of Jumping Jacks
The Sneaky Way to Get Toned Arms!
Mountain-Climbing Moves for Your Legs and Butt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...