A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postcards for Alison  (Read 4991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daisyfairside
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005 05:05:55 AM »

That's okay, there are a couple weeks left until I plan to start assembling the book.  Smiley  Thanks so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005 05:29:45 AM »

Okay, mine are winging their way from the UK. Posted today so I don't know when you'll get them.

There's a few in one envelope because I got ideas and couldn't resist making them, so they're not sent as postcards unfortunately - though I did put stamps on them so they look a bit like they were...silly I know!

Hope these postcards from everyone make her smile!

Ph x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lalage
Stunt seamstress and textile artist!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005 05:07:14 PM »

Mailed mine today for her, from  Burnaby BC Canada! You can see it at http://arleebarr.squarespace.com/designjournal/2005/9/9/somebody-stop-me.html   It's the second one :}
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005 07:20:19 PM by Lalage » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daisyfairside
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005 04:37:45 PM »

Ohmygoodness!  I just looked at that link and that is BEAUTIFUL!  She's REALLY going to love that, seriously, you have no idea!  That is sooo Alison and it's amazing that you captured that without even ever having met her!

Thanks so much! 

Monday I'm going to sit down and send a post with a list of everyone I've received postcards from.  I've misplaced e-mails and gotten such a response I never could have kept up with them all, anyway.  But I know a lot of people have wondered and asked if their postcards arrived, so I want to acknowledge those that have and send a big mass THANK YOU!  So if you've sent one and you're wondering, check for a posting on Monday.  Smiley

This really means soooo much and I'm thrilled at the response.  I believe I have around 15 postcards at the present and have received e-mails that indicate there are many more on the way. 

If anyone has any other clever ideas on how I should assemble this postcard scrapbook (or any other alternative ways to displaying them), I'm open to suggestions.  So far all I've come up with was wrapping a map around a scrapbook cover and marking all of the places they've come from.  But now I'm wondering if I should do a felt book of some kind....  Maybe a soft book and clear vinyl stitched to the pages to slide the postcards in... I'm really inspired by all you crafty gals (and guys) out there.

Thanks so much everyone...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daisyfairside
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005 11:17:59 AM »

Just wanted to acknowledge the postcards I've received so far, in case anyone was concerned about whether or not they arrived:

Albert from North Carolina
Chloe from Australia
Babs from the UK
Kristine and Keoni from British Columbia
Nichola, Kevin, and Mia from Australia
One from Tampa, Florida but no name
Jennifer from Illinois
lv2scrpbk from MN
Melissa from Oklahoma
Jodie from Australia
Laura and Liam from Bath
Charity from Oklahoma

Those are the ones that have arrived so far and a BIG THANK YOU to you guys!  I appreciate it.  I hope postcards continue to arrive and the collection grows.  The 20th is still going to be my start date for assemblage of the postcard book.  I'm leaning toward constructing a soft book of some kind, with clear vinyl slip pages... we'll see how realistic that goal is time-wise (I have a VERY active 10 month old daughter) and if it's too time-consuming, I'll go the traditional paper scrapbook route.  I'll post photos when I start.

Thanks bunches!!!  I'll post another list next week of more that have arrived, so no one worries about whether or not they were received.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005 11:22:58 AM »

Hmm. I hope the one from here in Tennessee arrives soon. I sent them the same day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daisyfairside
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005 12:53:26 PM »

quack - they might be running slow from that region because of the hurricane?  maybe?  sometimes mail is routed strangely, so it is hard to tell.  i appreciate you sending them and will definitely pm you when they arrive.  Smiley  i double-checked my stack and they weren't in there yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005 01:33:25 PM »

Mine went in the mail today. I'm also in the Katrina-affected area, so it may take a little longer than normal to arrive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
daisyfairside
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005 02:07:28 PM »

Thanks wifeofbath (is that a Canterbury Tales reference?  I spent a semester in Canterbury, so maybe I just have Canterbury on the brain)! 

And to Charity - your's arrived.  Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005 02:31:35 PM »

Oh, good, I'm glad! It was probably just the screwy TN post office rather than any routing problems due to Katrina.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 2
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 1
The Phoenix and Immortal Symbols in Chinese Antique Furniture
How to Make a Paper Mache Dragon Trophy
How to make a Double Wall Vessel - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...