A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Triangle Shawl [w. Better Picture Size]  (Read 1540 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlenecy
« on: August 26, 2005 09:15:56 AM »

This is the biggest thing I've knit - I've done only dishcloths & scarves before this... It's my only accessory I'm wearing with my dress for my Vow Renewal Ceremony on September 3rd. So, here it is being modelled by my dress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/missnecy/S1010003.jpg

It's knit with Cotton Sensation on size 15 US needles. I learned how to increase by knitting into the front & back of one stitch. I also learned how to pick up a dropped stitch and go back and fix a mistake. (which is much more useful than frogging the whole thing!  Grin) I really wanted to knit the Isabeau Purse that someone else posted here, but I'm just not that fast enough... Yet... I've also discovered that I love shawls - so if anyone can point me in the direction of some great patterns, please do!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 11:30:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005 09:32:43 AM »

Very pretty and delicate!

Here's a great site for shawl patterns
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/shawls_stoles.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005 09:54:15 AM »

Have you looked on Knitty.com? I just finished the Tri-Aran Angle shawl from there.  It took me awhile and it's sort of thick, I don't know if you like more delicate shawls or just shawls in general.  They have a few though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenecy
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005 11:40:21 AM »

Very pretty and delicate!

Here's a great site for shawl patterns
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/shawls_stoles.php

Thank you for the comment, Kimmy - I appreciate it very much...And thanks for the great link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenecy
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005 11:42:48 AM »

Have you looked on Knitty.com? I just finished the Tri-Aran Angle shawl from there.  It took me awhile and it's sort of thick, I don't know if you like more delicate shawls or just shawls in general.  They have a few though.

That Tri-Aran Angle Shawl is gorgeous, box of purls! Did you post a picture of your finished one? I'd love to see it! Although, I think it would be overwhelming on my 4' 10" frame...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovemyff
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005 12:32:05 PM »

Your shawl is lovely. I like that the fringes are wispy and not all along the edges. I learned how to pick up dropped stiches  and how to deliberately drop stiches to go back fix a mistake from S'NB book, and that alone made it worth every penny. So, is your vow renewal going to be in Hawaii? I'm just guessing from the dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005 01:34:18 PM »

That Tri-Aran Angle Shawl is gorgeous, box of purls! Did you post a picture of your finished one? I'd love to see it! Although, I think it would be overwhelming on my 4' 10" frame...

I haven't posted a picture yet, I'm planning on borrowing my sister's digital camera to take pictures of a couple of projects I have finished and this one will be one of them.
I don't know if I'll every actually wear the Tri-Aran Angle because I'm not big on shawls but I wanted to make one to say I could....and I'm only about 5'1" so it would be overwhelming on me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenecy
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005 08:03:37 PM »

Your shawl is lovely. I like that the fringes are wispy and not all along the edges. I learned how to pick up dropped stiches  and how to deliberately drop stiches to go back fix a mistake from S'NB book, and that alone made it worth every penny. So, is your vow renewal going to be in Hawaii? I'm just guessing from the dress.

Thank you! No, our renewals are not in Hawaii- I wish! lol I just like the print - it's kinda timeless...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenecy
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005 08:06:27 PM »

I haven't posted a picture yet, I'm planning on borrowing my sister's digital camera to take pictures of a couple of projects I have finished and this one will be one of them.
I don't know if I'll every actually wear the Tri-Aran Angle because I'm not big on shawls but I wanted to make one to say I could....and I'm only about 5'1" so it would be overwhelming on me too.

I look forward to seeing your picture of the shawl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005 08:34:32 PM »

oh I forgot to say that your shawl is very pretty.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Ball Bungee Cords Is Cheap and Handy
Optical Slave Flash For Any Camera
Building a DIY Flash Diffuser
DIY Light Socket Multiplication
Building an Affordable Posing Table
Latest Blog Articles
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...