A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the longest "wristwarmers" ever *now with craptastic pattern*  (Read 13887 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twelvety
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005 01:46:48 AM »

Hey, thanks for all the lovely feedback, it's great to read nice things said about something I made, makes me feel all special, awwwwww...
Posted by: virus_insanity
Oooh, those are georgeous!  Can I bother you to post your pattern?
I can try to post a pattern for them if you really want one, I'll just need to find the scrap of paper I wrote it on and then try to make it understandable. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
jezebel7383
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005 01:50:47 AM »

*gets down on knees and mooches for pattern*...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Era Vera
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005 01:55:21 AM »

Oooh, please do post your pattern. I love those armwarmers and I must make some. They look fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
twelvety
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005 02:10:20 AM »

*gets down on knees and mooches for pattern*...
I nearly choked on my cup of tea reading that! Hehe. Cheesy
OK, I will get onto it tomorrow morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
Moudy27

Can't stop, addicted to the shindig

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005 04:40:30 PM »

Another request for a pattern, here. I love it. I have been trying to do something like that (I'm quite the amateur) but All I end up with is basically a scrap of fabric that goes around my wrist. I cant get a thumb hole right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's the thing about Narcissus. It's not that he's so fucking in love with himself, because that's not it at all. He fucking hates himself. It's just that without that reflection looking back at him...he doesn't exist."
twelvety
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005 08:33:24 PM »

I'm on to it, really I am. Wink We have just been frantically househunting and that has been taking up far too much of my time and energy. Sad
We found a new house this morning though so in breaks from packing and sorting I will decipher my scribbles and turn it into a pattern. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
Moudy27

Can't stop, addicted to the shindig

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005 08:49:31 AM »

Oh, take your time. I wasn't trying to rucsh you or complain. Heh..everyone wants a piece of those 'wristwarmers'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's the thing about Narcissus. It's not that he's so fucking in love with himself, because that's not it at all. He fucking hates himself. It's just that without that reflection looking back at him...he doesn't exist."
virus_insanity

your one and only virus girl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005 03:44:43 PM »

Have you had any success in typing up the pattern?

Not trying to rush you, i'm just incredibly anxious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need cds by these people burn for me! THE PIMPS,Rasputina,My Ruin,Scarling,Switchblade Symphony,Concrete Blonde,The Dresden Dolls,Jack off Jill,Tapping the Vein,Darling Violetta,Kidneythieves,Lacuna Coil,Collide,Rhea's Obsession,Lennon,Tura Satana,Genitorturers,Hungry Lucy,Deathgirl.com,Chaiasm
twelvety
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005 01:03:25 AM »

I have been a bit hopeless and unorganized and now everything but my computer is packed but I will try and just write it now. Wink (I have been moving house all day so if it reads a bit funny I am sorry) Please don't hate me for writing a crappy pattern. Embarrassed

I used a 7/4.5mm hook
Two strands of yarn held together, plain 8ply and a pretty fine mohair blend.

Chain 25 (more or less depending on size, these fitted a little too snug on me but were the right size for the recipient)
join with a slip stitch.
Row 1;Chain 3 (counts as 1st DC) and Dc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st.
Row 2; Repeat row 1
Row 3; Repeat as for row 1 but leave the last dc unworked (for the thumb hole, I found just one unworked dc was big enough even for my stubby thumb Wink)
Rows 4-19?; Repeat as for row 1 (I worked about 19 rows but it really depends on the length of your arm)
Row 20; (here's where I am a little lost, I know I increased here, according to my very hard to understand notes) 6 dc then 1 increase, 6 dc then 1 increase all the way around (what I didn't write down was if the increases actually fitted!) and join with sl st
Row 21 and on; Chain 3 and dc in each stitch around, join with sl st etc
The length is purely up to anyone who can actually understand this messy hopless excuse for a pattern, so just carry them on and on and on...
I apologize if this is totally unusable, if anyone can make it more understandable, please be my guest. I have to go and pack some more stuff and then possible lay down for a little while or maybe just fall down... Undecided
If this is as bad as I fear it may be, I might return to lurking til I get over the shame. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
twelvety
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005 01:09:36 AM »

My brain just worked for a brief second, they could also just be worked in a spiral too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create a Messy Up Do With Cesar Ramirez
Crown Braid Hair Tutorial
A Woman’s First Haircut in Nearly 30 Years
How to Give Your Hair Volume
DIY Leave-In Conditioner
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...