A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 269545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: March 18, 2006 04:16:49 AM »

i don't know if it's a YkYACW moment, but I will bitch/comment about historically inaccurate costumes, costume peices, sometimes social behavior, and incontinuity (that's only cause i was a set costumer - come on people do your damn job!)  I HATE it when these little details are ignored! lol! I love the new P&P but in the ball - there are WAY too many bare shoulders and no gloves! You didn't dance with a man you JUST met with no gloves!..... i'll stop now lol

Isn't that a very common problem, on all levels? I myself get annoid that films that do all this research to make everything as historically right as possible, can't take the time to check in a music encyclopedia to get music that's at least from the same era.
Not seldom enough you here baroque music in a medeival film and so on....AND I get annoid about corsets that are badly worn.

I can feel you! Go on shouting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #1301 on: March 18, 2006 04:40:06 AM »

when your arm is in a sling and your dad says, "so, are you going to turn that into a designer sling?"

Your arm is broken and you're really sad b/c you can't sew or crochet or anything and you just bought new fabric.  Cry
You can read why my arm is in a sling & all here: http://www.etsy.com/forums_topic.php?thread_id=3790

i got tons of flowers and my mom said somethig about thank you cards and i said, "i wish i could make some." i prob. can, i'll look into it later on.

Cry So sorry about your accident. I hope you are busy crafting again in no time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smelsmin
« Reply #1302 on: March 18, 2006 05:06:11 AM »

YKYACW You have a project due on tuesday, and it is now 12.05am Sunday and it isn't very finished. And you've been on craftster when you roabbly shouldn't have been doing it.

Oh yeah, I love being wide awake at 12.06, I've been feeling tired now lately...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: March 18, 2006 09:13:44 AM »

After having watched parts of my first Martha Stewart show ever, I can only state that dear Martha has all of her crew scanning craftstr for our best ideas. Theft I tell you!

I am dying to know which craft projects she lifted! I'm a periodic Martha watcher and now I'm on the look out for craftster swiping!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1304 on: March 18, 2006 09:52:20 AM »

YKYACW you have two jars of coffee- good stuff for drinking and cheap stuff for dyeing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madeleine09
« Reply #1305 on: March 18, 2006 03:50:48 PM »

When you are nausous not because you are hungover, but because your computer ate a bunch of your pictures you had saved to make your scrapbook for the Little Visitors Swap.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystal0901
« Reply #1306 on: March 18, 2006 03:56:08 PM »

you know you're a craftster when everywhere you go you notice that your toddler has stray threads stuck to her clothes or hanging off her from previous projects.  My toddler crawls into my sewing area (after things are put away) and she often comes out looking like a "thread bunny."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mylongestyear.com
A Story of Deployment as Told through Crafts & MiscAdventures
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1307 on: March 18, 2006 04:27:35 PM »

After having watched parts of my first Martha Stewart show ever, I can only state that dear Martha has all of her crew scanning craftstr for our best ideas. Theft I tell you!

I am dying to know which craft projects she lifted! I'm a periodic Martha watcher and now I'm on the look out for craftster swiping!!!!

In this particular show that was an old halloween-show, she made lamps to hang in the tree on your front lawn from old jars. Painting them orange and then using a black pen to draw the characteristics. Simple, but crafty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
basketcase93
Yo soy del unicornio.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: March 19, 2006 06:43:58 PM »

I can't believe that I had many crafting moments on my vacation...

When your parents are driving through Boston (going up to Maine) and you start freaking out 'cuz our wonderful Leah's shop is there...

When you see a billboard and it has a car and it has the word "Chevron" (or something like that) and you ask your mom why did they misspell  chiffon...

When you are on the computer and your parents' friends daughter (who is the same age as you) walks in and sees Craftster.org and walks away...

When on the airplane, you see all of the empty soda cans and beg your mom if you can ask the stewardess if you can have all of the pop tabs...

When you start to freak out going through screening hoping that your crochet hook can stay with you on the plane (it does and I still can't crochet!!!)...

When you give up attempting to crochet and ask your friend if she has two straws so you can starting knitting with them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Bitches get stuff DONE!" - Tina Fey

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dal
box of purls
« Reply #1309 on: March 19, 2006 06:50:28 PM »

When you give up attempting to crochet and ask your friend if she has two straws so you can starting knitting with them...

That's the best!  How did it work?  Were the straws hard to knit with? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cassandra Clare on The Mortal Instruments
Tinsley Mortimer on Her Book Southern Charm
Bethenny Frankel on Her Novel Skinnydipping
Poet Adam Kammerling Performs "Woof Quack Meow, Neigh Moo Oink"
Chris Parkinson Performs His Poem "Men of Straw"
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...