A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,391
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 304882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1130 on: February 25, 2006 09:09:54 AM »

the new class they are offering at your school next year IS 'crafts' and you are convincing all of your friends to take it, so there are enough people to actually have the class.  Grin

when you're exitced to hear that, because you're thinking of becoming a teacher and would LOVE it if the school introduced a "craft" class you could teach...yeah, definitely my dream job there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
teraspawn
« Reply #1131 on: February 25, 2006 03:20:58 PM »

YKYACW... you cut yourself sewing, put on a band-aid and THEN get a permanent marker and start doodling on it.  But I don't need to do that any more because I went to the pound store and got a load of plasters with balloons on, yay!  (I keep them next to my sewing machine...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keds
art freak

the truth is out there

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: February 25, 2006 06:55:24 PM »

YKYACW... you cut yourself sewing, put on a band-aid and THEN get a permanent marker and start doodling on it.  But I don't need to do that any more because I went to the pound store and got a load of plasters with balloons on, yay!  (I keep them next to my sewing machine...)

Ahh.. I do that with my bandaids too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I was wearing jeans today, I'd be sitting over there with the art freaks."

knohe.etsy.com
craft_t_chic
« Reply #1133 on: February 25, 2006 07:05:53 PM »

...when walking out of the craft store you notice the sticker on the automatic door that says, "in case of emergency push open" and you wonder if middle of the night running out of supplies counts as an emergency.

Then you realize that the police wouldn't understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1134 on: February 25, 2006 08:10:38 PM »

Smiley There have got to be crafty police somewhere...

YKYACW...you routinely have to disentangle yourself from your mum's low-hanging windchimes, because you couldn't find any actual hair accessories nearby, but your 14-inch knitting needles were at hand, so you used them to put your hair up.

They work pretty well as long as I remember they're there, and don't freak out later cause a pair of needles have gone missing  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patriautism
« Reply #1135 on: February 25, 2006 08:25:07 PM »

I actually have so much thick hair knitting needles are all I can use to put a bun in my hair. I'd been doing it years before I started knitting. Start doing it routinely, watch the looks and smart ass comments you get. It does help to ward off sleazy guys though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wittyandcreativex
« Reply #1136 on: February 25, 2006 08:45:44 PM »

when you have a dresser full of shirts and jeans and skirts that you got for 50 cents at the thrift store, waiting to be reconstructed someday.

You lie to your parents and tell them that "you swear youre doing homework" when you're really excited about your new replies to your posts

you turn down cute guys because you'd rather knit on a friday night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
funkyhooker
« Reply #1137 on: February 25, 2006 08:46:18 PM »

YKYACW you can tell what size a knitting needle is just by feeling the shaft

huhh huhh,, she said "feeling the shaft"

I'm constantly bunnin' up the old mop with my needles.  I always use one of my takumi dps when I'm putting in a french twist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1138 on: February 25, 2006 09:18:35 PM »

Well its good to know I'm not alone  Smiley 

Although, it'd probably be smart for me to switch to a shorter length of needle...

Oh, and paintbrushes are also a popular addition to my hairstyle repertoire.

YKYACW...you find yourself scraping paint and varnish off the mouse, keyboard, and monitor because you're crafting and Craftstering at the same time...stupid keys get all gummed up...but at least they're pretty colors now   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #1139 on: February 25, 2006 11:32:23 PM »

I pull a TV tray up to the side of the computer so I can craft and craftster at the same time! Drives the roommate nuts because I never put it away!!!

You know, I am home on a Saturday night and I tried not one, but TWO new things. MUCH more productive than going out! I actually was glad that the roommate left without me!

YKYACW...you finally overcome the fear of your sewing machine (thanks to a tutorial you found on craftster, no less!) and you kiss it before you put it in the box when you are done. And to be honest, it was more satisfying than kissing the boy because you know that you and the machine really CAN get along, and it may even stop making you cry! No joke, I have visions of all the things I can make now, all because I made one stinkin' lined zipper pouch! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crop an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Delete a Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
How to Delete a Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Delete a Text Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Delete the Background of an Image in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Donut Cupcakes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...