A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 272161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2005 10:20:47 AM »

When you get a new magazine in the mail like teen vogue and you open it and instead of looking at the articles you're looking at the pictures and thinking 'that would look good in a collage' 'oooh that picture would be perfect for my notebook cover'

When you choose to buy some miscellaneous crafty things instead of the new shirt you've been wanting for a long time and it's finally on sale

or when you get the magazine you look at the fashion layouts and ads and think "I could make that!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elleislove

i couldnt help myself.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2005 11:36:48 AM »

or when you get the magazine you look at the fashion layouts and ads and think "I could make that!"

true that. or when you look at their DIY thing of the month and think, thats so cheap! it would be much better if you just...  or  you could save time by just.....

[sorry to change the subject but have you ever noticed that most of the DIY things arent that great? no one would wanna wear a lot of them. us crafsters on here get better ideas than that ON OUR OWN.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BELLACLOTHING

BE THERE, YO!
patriautism
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2005 12:40:07 PM »

I dreamed I was yarn shopping last night. I was trying to decide between two shades of Sugar N Cream. But then all of the sudden there was a pregnant Claire Danes in a supermarket and some foriegn guy looking kind of scared but cheeky.

I also screamed at my husband about a pattern I was dreaming when he woke me up. It wasn't turning out right. Smiley He thought I was dreaming about math.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2005 12:48:00 PM »

[sorry to change the subject but have you ever noticed that most of the DIY things arent that great? no one would wanna wear a lot of them. us crafsters on here get better ideas than that ON OUR OWN.)

I've noticed that. 

I dreamed I was yarn shopping last night. I was trying to decide between two shades of Sugar N Cream. But then all of the sudden there was a pregnant Claire Danes in a supermarket and some foriegn guy looking kind of scared but cheeky.

I also screamed at my husband about a pattern I was dreaming when he woke me up. It wasn't turning out right. Smiley He thought I was dreaming about math.

I've had dreams where I was yarn shopping, and I've also had dreams where I was knitting but I was at a get together because at the same time I was knitting I had a beer and there were other people talking the background. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2005 01:10:50 PM »

When you get a new magazine in the mail like teen vogue and you open it and instead of looking at the articles you're looking at the pictures and thinking 'that would look good in a collage' 'oooh that picture would be perfect for my notebook cover'

When you choose to buy some miscellaneous crafty things instead of the new shirt you've been wanting for a long time and it's finally on sale

I go through the fashion layouts just to find stuff to make myself. lol. especially in teen vogue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
patriautism
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2005 01:18:57 PM »

ooh, drinking and knitting a no no! I've made some weird stuff while drunk Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2005 01:22:29 PM »

ooh, drinking and knitting a no no! I've made some weird stuff while drunk Smiley

yeah...dropping stitches is too easy while inebriated.  I think in my head I was combing two of my favorite things. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2005 04:43:23 PM »

True! I have Lacoste on my Spanish folder and Marc Jacobs on geometry! I also have a random pic in a frame on my wall....it's a guy and a girl on a Vespa.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2005 05:43:46 PM »

LOL this thread is great! Pardon me; I have quite a few to add -

When you freak out because your mother has just had to cut down a birch tree and she was planning to have some guy come and take the wood away for burning!

We loaded our car with as much wood as we could & this is what we did with it - http://www.serendipity-crafts.com/seasonal_02.html
&
http://www.serendipity-crafts.com/seasonal_03.html

When you spend your vacation picking out "just the right stones" and then give your 50+ lbs of stones a 12 hour car ride home with you - http://www.serendipity-crafts.com/stones.html

When you can't wait for 5 pm to roll around because this means you can get home to craft!

When you wake up at 5 am (without the use of an alarm) because you are preparing for a craft show and you are too wired to sleep.

When you are ashamed to admit to friends and family that you can't have guests stay over because your spare room has become a craft supply storage space.

When you can't accept invitations from friends because you are preparing for a craft show.

When the date that your brother has picked to get married,  interferes with your craft show schedule and you seriously contemplate not going to the wedding (we went).

When you haven't eaten at your kitchen table in months because it is full of crafts in various stages of completion.

When you don't give a crap if you aren't wearing makeup any longer, because you can spend that 15 extra minutes, finishing off another craft.

When you use your iron not for clothes but to iron on wood edging.

When you use a crock pot not for food but to melt wax.

When you use a vacumn bag sealer not to bag food for freezing but to package crafts.

When your pantry is used for storing your paints, you are sure you have every colour, and you know how to mix colours even if you don't have the one you need but you still get a high when you buy more!

When you have more ideas than you do time.

And you just know you are in trouble when your husband, boyfriend, SO is just as crafty as you are!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005 05:52:55 PM by Serendipity Crafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2005 06:02:36 PM »

-->You never buy a scarf/hat/mittens because, "I could make that." 

-->But then you freeze all winter because you never actually get around to making that!

that is me in a nutshell. hahaha :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Star Crush: Chic, Stylish, Effortless Charlize Theron
Street Chic: Shoreditch, London Style
$50 Dollar Makeovers With Rachael Ray
Anne Hathaway Glitters in Gold Just Days Before the Oscars
Wear the Checker-Print Trend With a Pair of Easy DIY Flats
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...