A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 271216 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madeleine09
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2005 07:50:47 PM »

-You schedule you classes to find ones easy enough to knit through instead of taking notes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2005 04:31:35 AM »

-->You have to file your nails down shorter because the thimble won't fit on your finger otherwise.

I kind of have this problem. I didn't get my nails done for Homecoming b/c it would interfere w/ my crocheting. I want to get them done b/c they looks so cute but I like crocheting better.  Wink

Also, last weekend I was at K*Mart w/ my mom and I saw some really cute kitchen towels (they weren't towel material, just cotton) and I said how cute I thought they were. My mom says, "What are you thinking of making with them?" I didn't get them, but I wish I would have, they would have made super cute totes.  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005 05:51:56 AM by BlueJeanBaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane feebles
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2005 05:00:06 AM »

ooo this is prob the worst - you start looking for a four bedroom apartment for three people, b/c we are all addictied to crafting..... cause really 550 a month for a bedroom and 1/3 of a craft room is pretty slick.

No, no, my friend, even worse is when the last 3 times you moved your flatmates/ boyfriend automatically looked for places with an extra room for your studio without you saying anything.....

AND you are notorious among people you've never even met for bin diving for anything in public and private places.  I once found the top of a foozeball table on a pile of rubbish in the street in the middle of the night!  I got that baby home, even though I was in a van full of work people coming home from a 12 hour shoot and I got chased by a dog.

CRAFTSTER DEVOTION!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2005 11:51:45 AM »

No, no, my friend, even worse is when the last 3 times you moved your flatmates/ boyfriend automatically looked for places with an extra room for your studio without you saying anything.....

CRAFTSTER DEVOTION!!!
[/quote]

NOW THATIS FRIENDSHIP!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2005 12:09:57 PM »

-you constantly see freaked out/confused faces from strangers because you accidently asked how they made what their wearing, not where they bought it

^ i love this thread.

people mistake you as "punk rock" because you have at least nine safety pins on you at all time from a sewing project. Cheesy
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2005 12:15:03 PM »

*when you're shopping and you see things OTHER craftsters would love. This is even worse when I'm temped to buy it for them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

infeatheredeyes
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005 02:13:47 PM »

you're crocheting in class, you drop the ball of yarn, it goes rolling across the classroom. You, unaware that class is going on, get up, walk over, and calmly pick up the ball of yarn and continue crocheting.

If it wasn't that my teacher was one of those people who collects crocheted-old-lady-objects... who knows if I would be allowed to touch a hook today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hand-dyed and recycled yarn, hand knits, and more!
http://backnforth.etsy.com
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005 06:41:23 PM »

when you spend more money on "craft crap" than basically anything else, and try to figure out how you can go thrift shopping and still pay your car insurance.

Which is exactly how I work out what to do with my little retail paycheck.

Also, when you're knitting with dpns in the ten minutes before class, and your non-knitting classmates are confused as anything because they only connect knitting with straight needles (I know I did before I started knitting).

And when you're looking at the Learn to Knit kit on the Goodwill shelf, you're not thinking, "Do I want to knit that grey and hot pink scarf?"  Instead, you're thinking, "Does it save me money to buy that kit for the yarn and needles?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweethelena

Red shoes are hot.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005 11:05:31 PM »

...the toaster over you tried to sneak in was for clay, not food.

I know exactly what you mean about the toaster oven... I'm living in Taiwan right now, where most homes do not have ovens, so I was suffering for my first two months here without a means to bake my clay. I bought a large toaster oven just for that purpose, and in the three months since I bought it, I have - outside of my clay goods - baked a total of one pan of tater tots in it. My roommate thinks I'm crazy. I think I'm just committed to my crafts. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweet_N_sour
*~*The Magnificent One*~*

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2005 10:14:22 AM »

When you get a new magazine in the mail like teen vogue and you open it and instead of looking at the articles you're looking at the pictures and thinking 'that would look good in a collage' 'oooh that picture would be perfect for my notebook cover'

When you choose to buy some miscellaneous crafty things instead of the new shirt you've been wanting for a long time and it's finally on sale
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Export Your Media - Shake 4
How to Get Your Animation to Dance to Music - Shake 4
How to Create Panoramic Plates - Shake 4
How to Track Obscured Points - Shake 4
How to Use Smooth Cam - Final Cut Pro 6
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...