A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 271219 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4800 on: June 17, 2007 06:50:54 PM »

I'm trying to get my mum interested, but she doesn't have the internet at home so doesn't understand how cool forums are!  Especially this one!

PS, YKYACW you are "tidying up" the attic/my crafting room and you come across a box of old stationery supplies that my husband's mum had (she was a school teacher) and it contains FOUNTAIN PENS!  And CARTRIDGES for said fountain pens!  And EMBOSSING TOOLS (which is great because I had been thinking about how could I justify buying some)!  And TWEEZERS for scrapbooking!  And HOLEPUNCHERS!  And STAPLERS with STAPLES! And BRADS!  AND THAT WAS JUST IN ONE BOX!!!!  I think I'm in heaven . . .  Grin Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
slb2724
« Reply #4801 on: June 17, 2007 08:03:00 PM »

YKYACW...Your mom says you need more clothes. When you ask why, she says people will think that we can't afford clothes without paint stains on them and points to my shirt. I resopond- "Mom, thats not paint, this is mod podge, this is stained glass liner, and, thats glaze. No paint there." Then she laughs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: June 17, 2007 09:58:22 PM »

YKYACW...Your mom says you need more clothes. When you ask why, she says people will think that we can't afford clothes without paint stains on them and points to my shirt. I resopond- "Mom, thats not paint, this is mod podge, this is stained glass liner, and, thats glaze. No paint there." Then she laughs.

Hilarious! Cheesy At least your mom has a sense of humor. My mom would think I was back-talking her. Roll Eyes

I'm trying to get my mum interested, but she doesn't have the internet at home so doesn't understand how cool forums are!  Especially this one!

PS, YKYACW you are "tidying up" the attic/my crafting room and you come across a box of old stationery supplies that my husband's mum had (she was a school teacher) and it contains FOUNTAIN PENS!  And CARTRIDGES for said fountain pens!  And EMBOSSING TOOLS (which is great because I had been thinking about how could I justify buying some)!  And TWEEZERS for scrapbooking!  And HOLEPUNCHERS!  And STAPLERS with STAPLES! And BRADS!  AND THAT WAS JUST IN ONE BOX!!!!  I think I'm in heaven . . .  Grin Shocked

NO WAY! Lucky! I wish...

YKYACW...you show your mom one of your digital scrapbooks to convince her to buy supplies to make an actual one! Yay! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4803 on: June 17, 2007 11:12:08 PM »

ykyacw you find a great sale on interfacing . . . so you buy the whole bolt.  even the girl at the cutting counter thought that one was a bit odd  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmc_aust

« Reply #4804 on: June 18, 2007 12:09:29 AM »

Yupp, I'd have to agree, it's a bit odd.  Although I bought a small roll of interfacing (5m?) because it was cheaper than buying a smaller amount. Cheesy

I have another one to add:
YKYACW you are checking your email and a good friend sent you pics of cut paper work that is mind boggling, so you just have to share it with all your craftster buddies.  They're all in my blog if you wanna see (well worth the effort!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: June 18, 2007 12:10:48 AM »

Holy crap! Shocked Your friend That person is talented!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007 09:12:29 AM by WIPs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
cmc_aust

« Reply #4806 on: June 18, 2007 12:13:44 AM »

Oh no, not her's.  Or mine unfortunately.  Just some that came to me via a circuitous route . . . as most email content does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
LibbyK

Eres la fea mas bella y no te has dado cuenta...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4807 on: June 18, 2007 05:12:14 AM »

My aunt was telling me quilt fabric comes 10 yards on a bolt...

YKYACW you think "oh ten yards that's not that much - maybe buying fabric by the bolt would be a good idea!"  Just a couple quilt backs and it's gone, after all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://quiltster.blogspot.com

If you are working on (or thinking about starting) a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" squares, I have scraps and squares to give away.  PM me if you're interested.
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4808 on: June 18, 2007 06:28:06 AM »

ykyacw you find a great sale on interfacing . . . so you buy the whole bolt.  even the girl at the cutting counter thought that one was a bit odd  Cheesy

oh that is nothing...when I worked at JoAnn's I saw some major over purchasing. We had a lady who came in an bought $3000 worth of flannel when it was on sale; she always had like four carts. Then we had a batting lady who would buy all the yellow bagged 8 oz. batting that we had in the stock room; we just always had a ticket ready for her Smiley Then there was a zipper lady who would use a 30% off your entire purchase coupon to buy all the separating zippers we had in stock; she'd make us check our count.
I could go on for years Smiley I even have a few bolts myself. It's contagious so watch out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
LibbyK

Eres la fea mas bella y no te has dado cuenta...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4809 on: June 18, 2007 07:53:47 AM »

We had a lady who came in an bought $3000 worth of flannel when it was on sale; she always had like four carts. Then we had a batting lady who would buy all the yellow bagged 8 oz. batting that we had in the stock room; we just always had a ticket ready for her Smiley Then there was a zipper lady who would use a 30% off your entire purchase coupon to buy all the separating zippers we had in stock; she'd make us check our count.
I could go on for years Smiley I even have a few bolts myself. It's contagious so watch out!

Shocked *eyes bugging out of head*   Shocked

Whaaaa??

That is AMAZING.  Fun/funny job. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://quiltster.blogspot.com

If you are working on (or thinking about starting) a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" squares, I have scraps and squares to give away.  PM me if you're interested.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera Pixel Resolution
How to Take Self-Portraits
HDR Photography Advice
Photography Lighting Advice
Macro Photography Uses and Lenses
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...