A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 275460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #4700 on: June 11, 2007 09:17:43 PM »

YKYNOTACW you don't have any idea what people were talking about for the last few posts. Tongue

Naw, you're just not a GAMING Craftster.  Grin   My husband has been playing MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role playing games, in case you're interested) for a LONG time now.  I started playing WoW in part because it's one of the easier MMO's to play and get the hang of (it kind of has to be for me to have a character close to the top level when I play as little as I do). But I love the crafting part of it, even though it's not especially realistic (YKYACW you take exception to the thought of killing creatures to pick up "linen cloth" to combine to make a "bolt of linen" and require several bolts to make something like a linen shirt. Come one, people, you're essentially saying everything I make is patchwork, and a bolt is generally around 10 yards/meters of fabric.  You can't tell me I need 60 yards of fabric to make a shirt!  Yes, I gave up tailoring pretty quickly, and moved onto alchemy. Cheesy

You kind of have to like that a decent number of the role playing games have crafting.  It's a validation for all forms of crafting in a weird way.  Sure, people are using computers more, but even when they're using the computer to play a game, they can be crafting  in AND out of game.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
whyme81687
« Reply #4701 on: June 12, 2007 06:52:48 AM »

YKYACW you seriously begin to consider one of the various rpgs you've always been curious about only because many craftsters admitted to playing them and loving them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
slb2724
« Reply #4702 on: June 12, 2007 09:55:49 AM »

there is a craftster guild on neopets Cheesy

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=2088711

Wanna hear something funny? Thats my guild. I'm slb2724 there too! No one really does it anymore though....We started it like last year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
teraspawn
« Reply #4703 on: June 12, 2007 11:30:03 AM »

there is a craftster guild on neopets Cheesy

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=2088711

Wanna hear something funny? Thats my guild. I'm slb2724 there too! No one really does it anymore though....We started it like last year!

Haha, well... I just joined!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4704 on: June 12, 2007 11:42:00 AM »

YKYACW:
a star wars swapper just posted the cutest crocheted ewok ever and you said you wanted to marry it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 12, 2007 11:44:58 AM »

YKYACW:
a star wars swapper just posted the cutest crocheted ewok ever and you said you wanted to marry it!
YKYACW: You totally agree with that statement (and thankyou for posting it, because now I know what I can make for my father for this father's day).  Wow.  Thanks   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
slb2724
« Reply #4706 on: June 12, 2007 03:36:52 PM »

YKYACW:
YKYACW: You totally agree with that statement (and thankyou for posting it, because now I know what I can make for my father for this father's day).  Wow.  Thanks   Grin

Any chance of a link?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
emisaurus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4707 on: June 12, 2007 03:41:55 PM »

YKYACW:

i stumbled upon that gallery
and had to look to see the marriage statement.
it was cute
i'm not gonna lie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: June 12, 2007 03:55:18 PM »

YKYACW:

Cheesy I know, I saw.

YKYACW:

Any chance of a link?

Go to the Swap Gallery and look for the Star Wars one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4709 on: June 12, 2007 06:47:27 PM »

YKYACW...

your flat looks like a fibre factory has thrown up on it, your WIPs are lined up in the back of the lounge chair leaving no place to sit without being stabbed by sharp pointy sticks, your coffee table is covered by random craft supplies for a swap as is your office table, there is three skeins of recently dyed wool drying in the shower, another skein currently dying on the stove, you have 10 people descending on you in a few hours

yet instead of cleaning you are on craftster
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Tan in Photoshop
How to Add Sound in Adobe After Effects CS3
How to Create Depth of Field in Photoshop
How to Create Slow Motion in Sony Vegas
How to Create Colorful Typography in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...