A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 580
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know you're a craftster when...  (Read 271433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

popidol131

The real princess and the frog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3500 on: January 22, 2007 04:59:14 AM »

YKYACW you save 300 pounds to spend when you go to new york. 150/200 for fabric and sewing suplies and the rest for food and clothes etc.

YKYACW you decide to only take two pairs of trousers, 7 tops, 2 jumers and two pairs of shoes but two extra big bags to bring all your fabric home in Cheesy

YKYACW you learnt to knit just so you can make the awsome jumper you saw and head scarf thats in the knittalong but almost start crying when your mum reminds you, you wont be able to take any knitting needles, chrocet needels or needles in general on the plane Cry

YKYACW your bf calls you a loser for rather spending time knitting that seeing him but you think its cool and know he's joking and loves the fact he doesnt know anyone else like you Cheesy and he even offered to spend the day looking round art collage and going to art/fashion lectures Cheesy hehe love him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of creativity is all in the mind.

Never remembered, yet never forgotten.

Only in true love will you find what you are really looking for. And will you find the real you.

http://frogyprincess.blogspot.com/
marypoppins

Duct Tape Rules!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: January 22, 2007 05:40:08 AM »

YKYACW you learnt to knit just so you can make the awsome jumper you saw and head scarf thats in the knittalong but almost start crying when your mum reminds you, you wont be able to take any knitting needles, chrocet needels or needles in general on the plane

Don't dispair.  Check with the airline you are flying on.  Different ones have different regulations.  Most will let you take knitting needles or crochet hooks as long as they are not metal.  And you can always use a pair of nail clippers to cut your yarn.

Also check out what people have to say about crafting on a plane here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=129226.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't call it trash...I can make something with it!!!
RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: January 22, 2007 08:11:38 AM »

Rather than study for midterms, you've been knitting to aleviate your panic.
You mean there are people who don't do this Huh

Yeah, those of us who don't knit!  (I crochet.  I'd probaably do the same with crocheting if I was ever actually nervous about a test, but seeing as I love tests, it's kinda a moot point.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

0100011101000101010 0010101001011

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3503 on: January 22, 2007 11:05:11 AM »

YKYACW:
You start a budget right after the big annual trip out to the "big city" (thus, right after the Craft Store Spree). Your budgeting software helpfully tells you:
"Observations:
Your expenses for Craft Supplies are 10,860.80% over the budgeted amount."

>.>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3504 on: January 22, 2007 12:37:40 PM »

YKYACW:
You start a budget right after the big annual trip out to the "big city" (thus, right after the Craft Store Spree). Your budgeting software helpfully tells you:
"Observations:
Your expenses for Craft Supplies are 10,860.80% over the budgeted amount."

>.>

HAH! Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
DTchick
« Reply #3505 on: January 22, 2007 01:37:32 PM »

YKYACW: You're late to second period because you're walking behind this girl and trying to figure out exactly how her hat was made. When you realize that you're on the opposite end of the hall the bell rings and you have to resist the urge to grab the aforementioned hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
Beadbakery
« Reply #3506 on: January 22, 2007 03:31:35 PM »

Bagheera,

It must be that time of year!! Last night my b/f and I were doing our budget and I converted my "buying lunch" to crafting !! it was shocking how much craft stuff I can get for $20 a week if you save it for a couple of big sprees!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seamshistoric
« Reply #3507 on: January 22, 2007 05:43:16 PM »

- one half of the basement is dedicated to sewing, and the living area's coffee table is buried under yarn.

- you and your sister trade rooms because 1.) your sister's room is also in the basement and she's tired of hearing you sew until 11, and 2.) you hate the 11 oclock curfew, and try to stay downstairs until she forcibly kicks you out.

- you and your mother need seperate irons and ironing boards

- your friends and family know better than buy you fabric, but buy you gift certificates, because they're aware you probably have whatever they picked out.

- your friends and family come to you first when they find something they'd rather throw away, but think you can use.

- your diet and exercise plan is 50% crafting.

- the people at work no longer ask "what are you making" and ask "can I see what you finished last time?"

-when Craftster saves your hienie in textiles class because you couldn't think of a good idea until you browsed the boards.

-When you go to movies and spend most of the time thinking how to make whatever they're wearing/using.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007 06:00:08 PM by seamshistoric » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmd32
« Reply #3508 on: January 23, 2007 01:32:52 AM »

YKYACW you save 300 pounds to spend when you go to new york. 150/200 for fabric and sewing suplies and the rest for food and clothes etc.

I am up to $800AUS saved for my trip to California in October. The only stores I have on my planned itinerary so far are Joannes, Walmart to see if there is anything left of the fabric dept, and Britex Fabrics(http://www.britexfabrics.com/). Nothing else. All other expenses will be covered by the hubby, and I still have nine months to save...WOOHOO!!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3509 on: January 23, 2007 07:45:40 AM »

YKYACW: You're late to second period because you're walking behind this girl and trying to figure out exactly how her hat was made. When you realize that you're on the opposite end of the hall the bell rings and you have to resist the urge to grab the aforementioned hat.

In the same vein ...

YKYACW you're late to work because you were looking for those US5 needles to start a shawl while getting film developed, didn't recall starting any projects with them, dig through your main stash area twice, find them in 4 inches of scarf, rip them out, run outside ... and have to scrape the frost off the windshield. Oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 580 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Lab Color Mode Trick For Boosting Colors
How to Draw Stimpy
How to Draw Steve
How to Draw Squidward
How to Draw Stan Smith (American Dad)
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...