A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting Group in San Diego  (Read 1567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkhairedcyn
« on: August 24, 2005 06:36:18 PM »

Does anyone know of any knitting circles in San Diego?  I just moved to La Jolla, and I need to find some crafty ladies to knit with.  Yarn store recommendations would also be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bathroomSTall
bathroomSTall

Whoo hoo!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005 02:51:59 PM »

Nope, but I've been looking too!
If you do find one, please let me know!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hmm... Thinking of something to put here...
goonie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005 08:49:40 PM »

theres a place in downtown LJ next to moondoggies on prospect.
its called the knitting store or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunastitch
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005 02:19:15 AM »

Theres a knitting club at The Whistle stop bar in North Park every 2nd sunday from 2 or 3pm....
i think it is still on,
well it was when I was there in April....

one time 2 girls brought along those old fashioned wooden spinning wheel thinks and were spinning wool! heh - awesome.

i'm moving back to SD in a few weeks......
from my homeland Australia!

anyone wanna meet up and go shopping for craft stuff one day,
email me!

leeroylunastitch@gmail.com

Emily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.jumblebugs.com  - available now!
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005 12:32:09 PM »

Welcome to San Diego!  Do you go to UCSD?  Anyway, for yarn stores, I like Knitting in La Jolla (but I work there, so I'm probably biased), and both Common Threads and the Black Sheep in Encinitas are good.  The Grove in South Park is also nice, it has both yarn and books and the owner is really friendly and helpful.

There are a bunch of knitting groups in San Diego, but I haven't found one that I really go to regularly yet. 
http://www.walkaboutknitter.com/San_Diego/events.html
This is a pretty comprehensive list of all of them.  I've been to Claire de Lune meetups and I've been to knit night at the Grove, but I still tend to be the significantly youngest one there.  I turn 21 in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to check out the Whistle Stop.  Or maybe I should start something on campus (if I have time and don't go completely crazy this quarter).  Also, my old boss at Michaels is trying to start a craft group at the Center in Hillcrest that could also be fun. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkhairedcyn
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005 04:52:31 PM »

Destroyed_Sweater - I am going to UCSD, for grad school.  I will totally check out Knitting in La Jolla, I've heard good things about it.

Thanks for the link with the knitting meet-ups info.  I would definitely be into a knitting group on campus at UCSD.  I'm sort of surprised there's nothing like that already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005 09:55:22 AM »

Well, there is a club that crochets hats for charity.  But they keep having meetings on nights when I have class, so I don't go to that.  I tried to teach them to knit, but they provided me with fun fur yarn and size 3 needles for that.  UCSD really does need a knitting club though.  Nice pink hair btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkhairedcyn
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005 04:02:16 PM »

Destroyed_Sweater - Your hair is awesome as well.  What do you use to dye it? 

Fun Fur + size 3 needles = DISASTER. 

Once school starts we should get together on campus and knit sometime.  (I have absolutely no idea what my schedule or anything is going to be like yet.  Basically, I plan to show up and hope that in 4 to 6 years they give me a PhD.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005 12:42:43 AM »

That was Special FX in atomic pink, which was an awesome neon hot pink color that just wouldn't fade.  Right now, my hair is brown and "hot rod red" though.  The colors change pretty frequently.  I'm a senior at UCSD, but I'm going to be around for awhile because I'm going to graduate after my 5th year due to impacted classes and 2 majors.  I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday, but it's better to have a knitting club on non class days for me because I'm pretty much solidly booked on those days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is depth of field?
Should I use automatic or manual focus settings on my camera?
What are the different automatic exposure settings?
What is exposure?
What are some basic rules of shot composition?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...