A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 316,854
Currently Running With Scissors:
239 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pagan/Wiccan etc swap gallery!!  (Read 10302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005 05:46:11 PM »

Sending tomorrow!

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005 06:07:54 PM »

I recieved!! I love everything!! Thank you so much!! Please post pics if you can. I don't have a digi. 
Shocked Beautiful stuff!  Shocked I am re-doing my altar tonight with all of my new stuff!!! Yay!

Yay! i'm so excited! I did take pics, and I've uploaded them to craftster now (I didn't before, as I was afraid that you might somehow see them and spoil the surprise), and will post them on here as soon as I can -- I need to run out the door for a Girl Guide (Scout) meeting now... I'm so glad you like it!

I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005 06:12:32 PM »

Okay, the pictures! I did this as mainly a Yule-ish altar, as Erica said she liked purple, I had a ton of purple fabric kickin around, and purple doesn't seem very Samhain to me:) So yeah....

This one shot is of everything -- some of the things were bought,like candles and so on, so I didn't take individual pics of them:) I included some shells and stuff, cuz I'm right on the ocean, and I think that they're super cool. One of them is an oyster shell that has the lid, so it makes a little box -- I found a few of these at the beach at the camp I was at this August, and I thought of this swap right away!

These two are of the same item - the offering bowl is reversable, with purple fabric on one side, and silvery on the other, with my fav silvery beads on the top.  Inside one shot is a peice of raw jade that I picked up - it's BC jade, so even though it's not really a Yule-ish stone, it's still cool

Ooh, le chalice. I just decorated a goblet I found, with ribbons and beads in the colour scheme:). They're attached with a larks head knot, so the ribbons can be switched for different sabbats, too.

Here's the altar cloth I made to (hopefully!) fit one of Rakuette's altars -- silver top and purple aprony bit. I also made a pillow cover, that fits on a standard sitzed bed pillow, of matching fabric, but forgot to take a pic.

Stars and Sun decorations : I love these beaded things; I made them with my Girl Guides in the spring, and made some for this because I love them so much:) They're more symbollic of the sabbat -- longest night of the year, with stars in the sky, and the sun growing in strength after the night.

And then I sent two items that aren't really altar items:

A set of runes, made out of rocks I picked up at the beach in the nights leading up to a full moon:)
The markings aren't actually that bright; they're reflecting off the flash:). And then a brown satiny bag to keep them in.

And last but not least, a drawstring bag for her tarot cards, featuring a pic of Athena I found online, embroidered onto purple taffeta with silver thread, with silver lining (This is my most favorite fabric ever -- I have about 8 yards of it I scored at a going out of business sale, and am going to make a victorian outfit with it:) I hope you liked it, Rakuette!) I think that this is one my favorite swap items!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 06:24:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2005 07:01:18 PM »

Holy cows! That stuff is so beautiful! Rakuette is one lucky pup.

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005 10:23:35 AM »

Very beautiful! The Athena bag especially!

I'm Back! Woo-hoo!

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005 10:31:52 AM »

*lurk* oh how I wish I had signed up for this.... Smiley Beautiful job all of you!

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005 02:01:20 PM »

That is a beautiful altar set. 
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2005 11:02:41 AM »

My stuff! I actually got it last weekend, but being in college and working 15 hours a week have seriously hampered my time to sit around and play with my camera. So here are the goods:

Everything: soap with Goddesses on them (one is more earthy, one is more celestial. I love them both) a unakite necklace with picture marbles on them with Goddess-related pics in them. A case with magnets in it (the little round thing) and a plaque with he goddess symbol.

The magnets, though this is a bad pic of them. They actually have pictures of (I'm assuming) Persephone. They are to go on my mini-fridge.

Close-up of the bottom part of the necklace.

The plaque in action, above my bed. I now sleep in a bunk bed. Yeah, it's great.

My roommate actually liked the stuff. She's really understanding of everything. I seriously lucked out with her.

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2005 11:44:23 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everying Miss_Westenra.  The necklace glass marbles were made from a picture of Persephone.  The only real clue is that she's eating a pomagranate in the center marble.  The magnets are various goddess figures that I thought looked nice. Smiley

You are lucky with your roommate.  I didn't fair so well when I was in college and it was tense at times.  But then again I did learn valuable things about human nature as well that semester.
nushybum the magnificent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2005 11:57:23 AM »

Coyotelady - the items you made are so beautiful! Your use of the glass marbles is fantastic. You are one talented lady!  Grin

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...