A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,321
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pagan/Wiccan etc swap gallery!!  (Read 8543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005 05:46:11 PM »

Sending tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
andi_sunrider
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005 06:07:54 PM »

I recieved!! I love everything!! Thank you so much!! Please post pics if you can. I don't have a digi. 
Shocked Beautiful stuff!  Shocked I am re-doing my altar tonight with all of my new stuff!!! Yay!

Yay! i'm so excited! I did take pics, and I've uploaded them to craftster now (I didn't before, as I was afraid that you might somehow see them and spoil the surprise), and will post them on here as soon as I can -- I need to run out the door for a Girl Guide (Scout) meeting now... I'm so glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
andi_sunrider
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005 06:12:32 PM »

Okay, the pictures! I did this as mainly a Yule-ish altar, as Erica said she liked purple, I had a ton of purple fabric kickin around, and purple doesn't seem very Samhain to me:) So yeah....

This one shot is of everything -- some of the things were bought,like candles and so on, so I didn't take individual pics of them:) I included some shells and stuff, cuz I'm right on the ocean, and I think that they're super cool. One of them is an oyster shell that has the lid, so it makes a little box -- I found a few of these at the beach at the camp I was at this August, and I thought of this swap right away!

These two are of the same item - the offering bowl is reversable, with purple fabric on one side, and silvery on the other, with my fav silvery beads on the top.  Inside one shot is a peice of raw jade that I picked up - it's BC jade, so even though it's not really a Yule-ish stone, it's still cool

Ooh, le chalice. I just decorated a goblet I found, with ribbons and beads in the colour scheme:). They're attached with a larks head knot, so the ribbons can be switched for different sabbats, too.

Here's the altar cloth I made to (hopefully!) fit one of Rakuette's altars -- silver top and purple aprony bit. I also made a pillow cover, that fits on a standard sitzed bed pillow, of matching fabric, but forgot to take a pic.

Stars and Sun decorations : I love these beaded things; I made them with my Girl Guides in the spring, and made some for this because I love them so much:) They're more symbollic of the sabbat -- longest night of the year, with stars in the sky, and the sun growing in strength after the night.

And then I sent two items that aren't really altar items:

A set of runes, made out of rocks I picked up at the beach in the nights leading up to a full moon:)
The markings aren't actually that bright; they're reflecting off the flash:). And then a brown satiny bag to keep them in.

And last but not least, a drawstring bag for her tarot cards, featuring a pic of Athena I found online, embroidered onto purple taffeta with silver thread, with silver lining (This is my most favorite fabric ever -- I have about 8 yards of it I scored at a going out of business sale, and am going to make a victorian outfit with it:) I hope you liked it, Rakuette!) I think that this is one my favorite swap items!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 06:24:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2005 07:01:18 PM »

Holy cows! That stuff is so beautiful! Rakuette is one lucky pup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005 10:23:35 AM »

Very beautiful! The Athena bag especially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005 10:31:52 AM »

*lurk* oh how I wish I had signed up for this.... Smiley Beautiful job all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coyotelady
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005 02:01:20 PM »

That is a beautiful altar set. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_westenra
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2005 11:02:41 AM »

My stuff! I actually got it last weekend, but being in college and working 15 hours a week have seriously hampered my time to sit around and play with my camera. So here are the goods:

Everything: soap with Goddesses on them (one is more earthy, one is more celestial. I love them both) a unakite necklace with picture marbles on them with Goddess-related pics in them. A case with magnets in it (the little round thing) and a plaque with he goddess symbol.

The magnets, though this is a bad pic of them. They actually have pictures of (I'm assuming) Persephone. They are to go on my mini-fridge.

Close-up of the bottom part of the necklace.

The plaque in action, above my bed. I now sleep in a bunk bed. Yeah, it's great.

My roommate actually liked the stuff. She's really understanding of everything. I seriously lucked out with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
Coyotelady
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2005 11:44:23 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everying Miss_Westenra.  The necklace glass marbles were made from a picture of Persephone.  The only real clue is that she's eating a pomagranate in the center marble.  The magnets are various goddess figures that I thought looked nice. Smiley

You are lucky with your roommate.  I didn't fair so well when I was in college and it was tense at times.  But then again I did learn valuable things about human nature as well that semester.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2005 11:57:23 AM »

Coyotelady - the items you made are so beautiful! Your use of the glass marbles is fantastic. You are one talented lady!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 9 Best Books For Meaningful Change
The Traitor’s Wife by Allison Pataki
Sean Strub Speaks Out on His Political Career
Doris Kearns Goodwin: Similarities Between Digital and Industrial Eras
Doris Kearns Goodwin on The Women of the Progressive Era
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...