A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flower Seeds and Packet Swap  (Read 3903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Carly Caron

Hey this is my goat Millie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005 05:14:41 AM »

Yay! It doesn't matter when we do it to me, just as long as we do it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If the world didn't suck a little bit, then we'd all fall off...

http://www.kurlie77.etsy.com/
girlwonder
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005 06:15:07 AM »

possibly! It wouldn't hurt to do it in the winter though-seeds keep pretty well actually.so-it doesn't matter to me really. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
goatgoddess
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005 07:46:06 AM »

Yeah you are right - I was just thinking about the ones that might have to buy seed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwonder
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005 07:52:33 AM »

ah- I didn't think of that! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
native persimmon
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005 04:51:59 PM »

Oh, I am *so* in!  What a great idea. . .it could be sweet to match up partners in similar climate zones, then send "mystery" seeds with instructions. . .you'd have to wait for them to grow to see the surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlwonder
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005 03:11:32 PM »

haha-that's a great idea! we'd just have to make sure that they weren't soemthing that could take over an entire area or anything...like mint does! haha...that would be awful! but hte surprise thing sounds cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

tofuttibreak
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005 06:04:26 PM »

My tomato plants froze last week and died. I finally got around to pulling them up on saturday and I found two hidden tomatoes still attached! One was perfectly ripe, one was still green. It made pulling up the last of the plants a lot more bearable! (it was still sad, though.)

we'd just have to make sure that they weren't soemthing that could take over an entire area or anything...like mint does!

I've been wanting an all mint lawn for years! It would smell incredible when you walked on it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carly Caron

Hey this is my goat Millie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005 05:42:14 AM »

^^^I want mint like that too!!  Cool

So when should we do this? I like the mystery idea also! That would be fun! I'd like to do it right away because I like to have something to look forward to when spring comes, but it might be easier to wait. Either way I'm happy!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If the world didn't suck a little bit, then we'd all fall off...

http://www.kurlie77.etsy.com/
goatgoddess
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005 07:08:35 AM »

My tomato plants froze last week and died. I finally got around to pulling them up on saturday and I found two hidden tomatoes still attached! One was perfectly ripe, one was still green. It made pulling up the last of the plants a lot more bearable! (it was still sad, though.)

we'd just have to make sure that they weren't soemthing that could take over an entire area or anything...like mint does!

I've been wanting an all mint lawn for years! It would smell incredible when you walked on it.

That is neat that you found two more - My tomatoes didn't make either - tried to grow them for fall here in Texas but had a couple of super cold morning and they are gone  Undecided  Need to get a mini hot house

Have you ever grown chocolate mint? It's wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005 07:10:55 AM »

^^^I want mint like that too!!  Cool

So when should we do this? I like the mystery idea also! That would be fun! I'd like to do it right away because I like to have something to look forward to when spring comes, but it might be easier to wait. Either way I'm happy!  Grin

I don't mind doing this Jan or Feb   -  even if you don't have seed saved up you should be able to start finding seeds in Feb for early planting. At least here in Texas you can.

Does anyone pot their seed up ahead of time so they are well started by spring?  If so then Jan/Feb would be the perfect time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Easy Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter
LUSH Eyeshadow Review
Women Dye Their Armpit Hair In Bizarre New Beauty Trend
How to Make Homemade Bath Bombs
How to Apply Blur Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...