A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belly Dance Swap?!?  (Read 7071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Flareon
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005 04:08:58 PM »

Diane: Thanks for all the links. 

Brie Lauren: Yes, there will be a section to inform your partner of likes and dislikes. 

Meg: even if you don't bellydance, you can totally get involved and have fun with this swap!  I myself have been interested in bellydance for a long time before devoted myself to the dance, and this could be a nice oppurtunity for you to get into it, too. 

You've brought up an excellent point: you don't need to be a belly dancer to appreciate and have fun in the swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005 03:52:02 PM »

I started belly dancing a month ago, and I love it! I currently have nothing I could swap though. Otherwise, I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
tenika
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005 04:56:28 PM »

i have TONS of bellydance music....i could provide lots of music cd's Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ Tenika M. ]
Scarlet Beautiful. nifty tees for sale.
http://www.scarletbeautiful.com
wist list
Flareon
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005 04:56:38 PM »

Tenika:
Excellent.  New belly dance music is always welcome. 

Kyou:
As for not having anything, the point of a craft swap is to make stuff for eachother, so as long as you feel like creating nice belly dance "paraphernalia" (well, it IS an addiction to me), you are good to go.  Besides, if you just started to dance, this swap could be great chance for your partner to offer some beginner's tools as well. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005 04:57:30 PM »

Hee, I have a new belly dancer avatar.  Isn't it divine?   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
impalacey
Almost exactly alike but not even remotely similar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005 10:41:30 AM »

I have never belly danced before but it sounds interesting. where would u find the stuff to swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Cowgrrl
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005 11:25:07 AM »

I'd be interested but I'd want a limit on things sent.  I could send a CD & such but theres no way I could make a hip-scarf or something big like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005 02:25:24 PM »

I have never belly danced before but it sounds interesting. where would u find the stuff to swap?

You could make things--e.g. burnt CDs, zill bags, coin jewelry, circle skirt, embroidered pillow, clothing with bellydancer stenciled...pretty much anything I've mention in the original post, you could probably make. 

You could also buy things like oils from India, things that feature a bellydancer, but since this is a craft swap, things should be predominantly handmade. 

Keep in mind that we can swap things in general that a bellydancer would like, such as candleholders shaped like flowers, cropped shirts that shoe the midriff, large chandelier earrings, anything with a Middle Eastern flavor, things like that.   

I think maybe some have gotten a bit mislead (my fault) that everything swapped had to be strictly for bellydancing.  Not true!  I want this to be fun and creative!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
S.C.K.

Not everything is obvious, explore...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005 02:43:25 PM »

Well this all sounds super cool! I took a BD course a while back and I really liked it. What could I do to contribute?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005 02:43:34 PM »

I'd be interested but I'd want a limit on things sent.  I could send a CD & such but theres no way I could make a hip-scarf or something big like that!

Actually hip scarves are pretty easy to make if you get creative.  You can find out what colors your partner likes, and if she likes beads, flowers, or any other embellishments, and then you can cut out fabric like velvet or satin and sew along its edges some fringe, maybe add a few tassels or coins here and there, and embroider some motifs with beads.    

I have to say that I have spent upwards to about 5-7 hours crafting for someone and many others have spent much more, so a hip scarf isn't really such a huge production.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing by your profile you haven't done any swaps yet?  Perhaps it sounds crazy, but people here really do work really hard (too hard maybe? Wink) to make fabulous gifts for eachother.  Also, we usually set about at least 3 weeks or more to come up with a package, so you will have some,if not a lot of time.  

It's totally understandable if you don't have the time or resources to devote so much into a swap, because well, some people just have busier lives.  There is a "beautiful music CD swap" I am currently planning (look in NEW SWAP IDEAS), so maybe there's something you might like joining, if you don't feel like joining this one.    

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amuse Bouche: The Art of Beef Jerky Innuendo
Southwestern Turkey Chili
How to Make Chicken Cutlets
How to Make a Big Mac Burger
How to Make Grilled Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...