A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sexy crochet tops/bikini - help  (Read 11010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aimmorg
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005 04:23:07 PM »

Ok, I finally got some pictures taken!

Here is my bikini top.  I used 1 skein of blue Brilla yarn (Filatura Di Crosa) and Mango Moons sari silk yarn for the trim.  I may line it with a little bit of padding, but I'm not sure.

Here is a photo of the top with the sari silk wrap I made.  I crocheted the waistband in the same Brilla yarn and then picked up stitches (over 100 of them) along the bottom with the sari silk and knit/purl 18 rows.  When I bound off, I dropped every second stitch and unraveled it all for a more open look.  It is very drapey and soft!  The color in this second photo is probably more true to life... it's a pretty bright blue and the sari silk has bits of the same blue in it.  I'm now working on a bikini bottom. 

hey...good job...that really turned out great...i really like the wrap...i wish i could actually wear my top, cuz i really like it...argh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veransia
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005 06:31:43 PM »

Thanks!  I think I actually like the wrap more than the top, hehe.

Sorry to hear you can't wear yours... it does look very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbanlatinfemale
Forum Avatars|MSN|AIM Icons

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005 10:40:39 PM »

since you guys have been able to get a pattern from one of the bikinis at my bikini brazil, could someone help me figure out the star crocheted bikini?
http://www.mybikinibrazil.com/star%20bikini%202%20dan%2004.jpg

I'm guessing that I should measure how many sts i'll need at the base and work my way up, dec twice  at beg of each row, and when at the nipple start short-rows (like in knitting) that are half the width of the rows below and then sew together?

PS - how about someone crafty figure out the pattern for that particular bikini bottom,  Wink

***UPDATE***
My technique works, just trust me.. I only made one cup, so don't think I'm posting a pick of me holding it on!  Cheesy

For you smaller busted women here's my patt:

CH (The desired width OR) 22, dhc to end.

Row 1: *ch2 dec once, dhc to end*
Rows 3 - 7: rep row 1
Rows 8 - 14: ch 2, dhc 9 st, turn repeat. 

increase the sts according to coverage and size .. if you are large and want minimal coverage.. by all means give it a go.  I ripped twice using cotton yarn and it survived.. Good Luck, hope you like it! 

****EDIT*** The seam will fit better worn on the bottom, not the side, although if you wear it on side, it should be towards your back!  Enjoy the pattern, and defeintely more pics  Wink

There was a question about using the short-row technique.  This isn't knitting, this is crocheting therefore, when you get 9 double half crochet's into that row, STOP and turn the piece and continue double crocheting for 5 rows.. That's it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006 05:16:07 PM by urbanlatinfemale » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2005 11:13:30 PM »

Yep, thats right. Pretty cute... I think I just might try this with you  Smiley I love making bikinis. What kind of yarn do you plan to use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2005 11:35:33 PM »

Bernat Love Bug (discontinued? Cry) in Beetle Blue using a size 0 / 3.25MM hook.

BTW I made the previous bikini top in Bernat's Love Bug in a pale yellow and it's fab with my latin tan lol (hasn't faded since august sheesh).
Thanks for the translation, my spanish is soooo not from spain like she was!

Pics SOON,.. how did yours come out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005 08:52:43 AM »

Mine didn't really stay the bikini it was intended to become, I made it into a tank top.  Cheesy
You can see it here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67176.0
I don't know what I'm going to use yet I may use Bernat Baby Coordinates because it has become my favorite yarn, or I may use Caron Simply Soft.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005 09:11:55 AM »

Oh Tatyana, it's lovely!  With a pair of jeans and some strappy sandals you'd get into any club here in the city!  Wink

I took a look at the Caron Yarn site and the Grandma's Best 100% Mercerized Cotton seems better suited, it'll probably have sheen, be light enough for the summer and be oh sooo soft.. I'm switching to Mercerized cotton for the next batch of bikini's these came out very stiff, but soft! I wish I could find this brand near me.

I'm still looking for a good SMALL and I mean small - I HATE tan lines  Undecided - pattern for the bottom, although this whipping up your own pattern is pretty fun, hey I bet if we put our heads together we could sell a bunch of bikinis on Etsy!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005 09:18:25 AM by urbanlatinfemale » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005 09:41:21 AM »

Oh wow, I didn't realize we lived in the same borough... weird. Ok but that is a point, tan lines are freakish and my tan didnt go away until november so... weird stomach patterns aren't that fun. Ummm I bet we could find nice patterns, I know a site that has a load of stitch patterns. Can you read spanish?  Cheesy You don't really need to for most of them, I can figure them out from the pictures but I try to read it if I need to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005 12:06:02 PM »

Oh really? I found this group called Bronx Girl Knits on Frappr, sort of like Google Local and groups in one.  http://www.frappr.com/bronxgirlknits Well I was going to sell random knits on Etsy like these wood handled knit bags and maybe some bikinis. 

Have you been to Smiley's in Woodhaven? I stick to PS Fabrics on broadway. 

So, I made the bottoms to the bikini just now by following a pair of low slung bikini underwear, but no way am I posting a pattern, I swear I was all over the place with the increases and decreases, Debbie Bliss wouldn't be proud!   Embarrassed  As for pics of the entire set, they're coming tonight when I get my mitts on a digicam. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005 12:08:05 PM by urbanlatinfemale » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005 12:27:02 PM »

Woah wow I didn't start anything...  Cheesy Good luck
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005 01:55:51 PM by LilMissPink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Volume in Your Hair
Best Way to Blow Dry Your Hair
How to Do French Braiding
How to Cut Bangs for a Boy
How to Razor Damaged Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...