A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1 year anniversary  (Read 1117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

velvet_dreams
« on: June 10, 2005 11:40:45 AM »

hello all. me and my boyfriend are almost to our one year anniversary,but i dont know what to get him! i was thinking of going expensive and buying him a chain necklace with his initial on it......but i was thinking about it,and thats just not him.i really like him,and i want to get him something that will be special. he likes blue,alf,classic rock,punk rock, and hes just an all around guy. do you have any ideas? ok yea,the first time we talked,he asked me for a piece of gum,and we always say, "love  can come through the smallest things,even through a piece of gum" i know its cheesie,but thats us. Cheesy so do you know any way that i could use that in there somewhere too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
velvet_dreams
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005 12:59:17 PM »

come on guys,i know you got some ideas. maybe?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005 01:05:54 PM »

stencil him an alf shirt?
for our 1-year anniversary my boyfriend and i bought each other build-a-bears. 4 years later, i still sleep with mine, even though we're married. not very crafty, but you could make clothes for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennamaphur
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005 01:48:02 AM »

for our 1-year anniversary i compiled a scrap book for my boyfiend with "101 reasons i love you +15 extra in case i accidentally repeat myself". it took a looong time to make and think of what to write (3 weeks to be exact)...along with the reasons, i also incorporated pictures of the little trinkets and memorabilias i've collected in that year (bus/movie tickets, deflated balloon he gave me on our first date, etc.) as well as "remember when we ...." he loved it!

you can easily incorporate pictures or themes he likes such as the ones you mentioned along with the text/reasons...

did that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005 07:36:14 AM »

for christmas one year I made him a page-a-day calendar with things I love about him on some pages and pictures on some pages and coupons for things like "milkshakes on me" on other pages. I started in February and it took me the entire year to finish it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005 09:34:14 AM »

for me and my boyfriend's one year i made him a scrapbook. i put pics of us, pressed flowers that he gave me, movie stubs, tickets, and i cut out letters and pics from magazines and incorporated them into it. he loved it and it is a great way to remember all the good times you have had together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
isntlifegr8
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005 07:01:50 PM »

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now...and he isn't one to just a adore and appreciate time and effort put into a scrapbook, a boy wants something he can use...get him 365 pieces of gum...a stick for each day yall have been together...and if you want to incorporate the love messages you can stick little messages inside of the wrapping...or better yet make a 365 box....and everything you put inside make it 365 of them....say like birthday candles..the ones with the numbers..or the small individual candles...and say we will stay together long enough to use each candle or something cheesy...my boyfriend went incense crazy for a while and you could buy him some some incense, or throw 365 pennies in the box...and say those were the pennies you threw in the well wishing you would be together forever....just some suggestions...or 365 guitar picks...my boyfriend would love that! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think big, don't dream big. Dreams don't always come true, but thoughts have potential.
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005 11:42:48 PM »

for christmas one year I made him a page-a-day calendar with things I love about him on some pages and pictures on some pages and coupons for things like "milkshakes on me" on other pages. I started in February and it took me the entire year to finish it.

that is so cute. if i had a boyfriend/husband, i would do that. or want that done for me. hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Serendipity Crafts
Serendipity Crafts

Elizabeth & Hugh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005 04:25:16 AM »

the first time we talked,he asked me for a piece of gum,and we always say, "love  can come through the smallest things,even through a piece of gum" i know its cheesie,but thats us. Cheesy so do you know any way that i could use that in there somewhere too?

Ok we can be just as cheesy (and this coming from a middle age couple!) Here you go -

Buy lots of his favourite type of stick gum. Now .... get busy with your computer. Format a page to print out your own gum wrapper sized labels. Write different small love notes to him and print them out. Now replace all the real gum wrappers with your personal ones. If your stuck for a gazillion different love note wordings - you might do a search for "101 ways to say I love you".

Your card might read - Dear Bobby, Happy Anniversary. This is so you will feel loved each and every day!"

If you don't have a printer or you don't want to put this much effort into the gift - why not buy a small gum ball machine and attach a tag  with a sentiment  like the one above. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth & Hugh
Personalized Signature Platters & Souvenir Plates
Serendipity-Crafts.com
Serendipity-Crafts Photo Gallery
Etsy Store
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear on Date Night
Fall Denim Trends
How to Get the Rihanna Style
Why Women Hate Strapless Bras
Lawsuit Against Kitson Over Drug Related Apparel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...