A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need a tennesee themed care package for a soldier!  (Read 653 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mjadams
« on: August 23, 2005 06:48:17 PM »

hey guys! i need some help. I've adopted a soldier to write letters and send care packages too...and ive made him two crafty ones! i just found out that he is from Tennessee, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to put in it! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
LSTinVA
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005 09:25:12 AM »

hm -- do you know what part of TN he is from?  Maybe blues, Elvis, or country music?  BBQ related stuff that is non perishable (i.e. Corky's dry seasoning for food)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlemomma0028
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005 02:47:14 PM »

i am from tenn and i all ways love any thing that has tenn on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshGav
Dance like no ones watching

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005 03:38:55 PM »

My friend loves food! I always send cookies and candy that wont melt! Depending on where he is simple bathroom bag type supplies are nice. Magazines, cd's, i know my friend has a laptop that plays dvd's and walmart sometimes has dollar dvd's. What kind of crafty things did you send i'm always looking for new ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Straight NOT Narrow
Rainbows make me happy
McJulie-O
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005 04:16:45 PM »

You know, mjadams,
you don't HAVE to send him stuff reminiscent of Tennessee, he just might like to know about where YOU'RE from...that's one of the fun things about having a pen pal!

With that said, you might find out whether he's a University of Tennessee Volunteers fan (their logo-that block T) is SO recognizable and you could put it on a bunch of things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mjadams
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005 07:57:46 PM »

thanks for the ideas all! Actually, i havent heard from him. I dont think he has access to a computer. I did make him an ohio care package, full of fun stuff from cleveland! I found some tennessee bbq sauce online i order, and dvds! great idea! Thanks girls

oh, i made him a lil waterproof letter and picture holder out of a raincoat i found at the thrift store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
prettynpink
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005 05:38:57 PM »

Where is he deployed to? Certain items can't go to certain places so that is something to consider. If he's on the move during his deployment he will have to carry around all these items or use them up and trash them. Hopefully he's camped somewhere so he can get some great items to hang on to!

I would put together local TN bands and hangouts t-shirts and items in the package. Also movies [if he has access to a tv, dvd or vhs player] that are located in TN and famous authors that are from there as well. And no matter what send jerky, lots of it! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally updated my profile info!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embellish Jeans
Lady Gaga Channels Elizabeth Hurley In Versace Dress
Fall Fashion Trends: Leather Is Back!
Kate Middleton Credited For Rise in Alexander McQueen Sales
How to Jazz Up a Cardigan with Candy-Colored Gems À La Chanel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...