A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,351
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any idea how to make this Marc by MJ dress?  (Read 11242 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IAte86Crayons
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005 06:33:49 PM »

Sigh, Not a size 0-6 aye. You would think they would have realized that very few people are those sizes. We sould start a club!"not 0 to 6'ers"   That has a ring to it!
 Lolz! Anyway good luck! Don't forget to post when your done, I'd love to see!!  Grin
Lol @ the club. I'd join!

I saw this post a couple days ago, just haven't posted until now.
And...
Oh wow I LOOOOVE this dress!!<3<3<3
I really want to make it aswell, make a white one.
This past Saturday I made a trip to JoAnns, and they were having a sale on McCalls patterns! I found one that is perfect for the shirt/top part of the dress. (McCalls #4079)
I hope that that helps you some, and can't wait to see your finished dress!^o~
I'll try to post pictures when I finish mine too!^^

Woohoo, I can't wait to see your finished dress. It'll prolly take me a little while to get mines done since I've been busy school shopping and getting ready for school. I start 12th grade next week.  Undecided Oh yeah, and thank ya for the pattern! I'm gonna go to Joanns to see if they have that pattern in stock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amplified
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005 05:54:31 AM »

I think this pattern could probably be modified to make something like that MJ dress, too...just make the skirt a bit longer, and add the ruffle to the top.  It's another option, at least!   Smiley

http://www.fitzpatterns.com/Pages/MIMI/0505_Mimi_PatternPage.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005 08:28:58 PM »

You're right  Grin Thanks for the link... the patterns on that site are great! I dunno how I would print it out, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005 09:45:40 PM »

IAte86Crayons- I have decided we are, in fact, twins. Taste twins. First the flowery boots, the appley flats, the houndstooth heels, and now this.
Are you one of my species- the kind who sits around every night going through old MJ, LV, Heatherette and Chloe runway shows? If so, we were seperated at birth.
-G.
BTW- If you like this MJ show, have a look at LV ss05.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
amplified
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005 05:30:42 AM »

You're right  Grin Thanks for the link... the patterns on that site are great! I dunno how I would print it out, though.

I've printed many patterns from that site at Kinko's.  You just download the pattern file (it's a PDF file), burn it to a CD, take the CD to Kinko's, and ask them to print it on the large format printer.  It's about $7.00 to print it, I think.  Any place like Kinko's could probably do it, too, if you're not near a Kinko's. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005 04:20:20 PM »

IAte86Crayons- I have decided we are, in fact, twins. Taste twins. First the flowery boots, the appley flats, the houndstooth heels, and now this.
Are you one of my species- the kind who sits around every night going through old MJ, LV, Heatherette and Chloe runway shows? If so, we were seperated at birth.
-G.
BTW- If you like this MJ show, have a look at LV ss05.
Omg those are some of my favorite designers! And yes I spend almost every night going through their old shows. I thought I was a geek for doing that lol... I'm glad I'm not alone... I've found my long lost twin, where have you been all my life?!  Cheesy

I love the colorful LV dress (or is it two separate pieces?) on this page: http://www.focusonstyle.com/frontrow/louisvuittonsp05.htm but I know I don't have the figure for it  Tongue Oh well, I'll just go back to daydreaming about it.  Cry

amplified: Thanks  Grin I'm gonna go try Kinko's out tomorrow and see if they'll do it. I'm not very good at reading patterns and everything so I'll probably just end up eyeing everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005 08:38:10 PM »

Oh, that dress! That is one of the ones I admire every day. That fabric! That cut! Those puffy sleeves! We are twins, I know it.
Oh, I love his use of tied layered belts and clashing patterns. And this dress and jacket are some of my favourites...

(Go Stam!)
Also, this by LVRTWss05 is gorgeous..

(Diana Dondoe is underused)
I'm such a fashion nerd.
Now I want this dress more than ever.
To all others that aren't IAte86Crayons...
Sorry for clogging up your thread Smiley

-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IAte86Crayons
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005 04:38:19 PM »

That first dress! I love it! I remember seeing it on Nicole Richie and I thought it was amazing. It looks even better with that jacket. And I've always thought that Diana Dondoe looked like a (much cuter) Lisa Marie Presley. I like that yellow jacket/shirt/cover up that she's wearing over the long sleeves.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005 10:42:52 PM »

Much cuter is right! I've never considered Lisa Marie Presley to be that beautiful, there's kinda a lot of hype about her parents, I guess.
I made a little yellow jackety thing like that recently, but it's black with white dots and slightly longer sleeves. other than that, it's pretty much the same (with the croppedness and the collar and the button-upness and the puffy sleeves and all). I love it.
The two of us could rant on all week, couldn't we?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peacebeautylove
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005 10:53:04 PM »

I LOVE the white ruffled dress- I want one but I can't get hold of one in a six. There are tonnes in a four but I am a 4 in my whole body except for my boobs which are disproportionately large:( *cry*

How would one make the white dress?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh Talk Art and Basketball At Art Basel
How to Paint a Sky With Acrylic
How to Paint Waves, Rocks, and Surf with Acrylic
How to Paint Trees With Acrylic
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...