A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Velcro and cell phone cozies  (Read 1141 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2004 09:53:35 AM »

I have been knitting cotton cell phone cozies and using velcro for the closure.  I am finding that I loathe sewing the velcro.  Does any one have any suggesting for either making this an easier task, or an alternative way of attaching the velcro.  I know this is probably wishful thinking...but maybe....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004 01:01:33 PM by twilight021 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittermagoo
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004 06:22:29 AM »

Unfortunately I have no suggestions, but wanted to second your lament about the velcro -- that was the hardest part about the cell phone cozy I made!  'Course, if I had an actual thimble, it might not have been so bad, but I totally tore up my fingers with that horrible sharp needle . . . kept stabbing myself, and trying desperately not to bleed on my cozy.  

I thought about using a button, but that seems like it would be a pain -- having to unbutton to answer the phone, etc.  

I was thinking of making my second cozy "open topped" with a little strap to hang onto (like a tiny, long skinny tote bag, ish).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinknut

Legolas Lives!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004 10:08:13 AM »

Well I made my cell phone case with a snap and it works pretty well and it was fast to attach the snap.  I don't usually have the problem with the "unbuttoning" because when i turn on my phone i either put it in a more accessible place or i leave the top unbuttoned.  Good luck with the velcro though.  Just a side note...I've never liked velcro because it always gets yarn bits or hair stuck in it and makes it really dirty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiemarie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004 12:49:37 PM »

i have been doing mine with big buttons and big buttonholes, they are pretty quick to open, or so the people who ive given them to say...
-cassie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004 05:54:50 PM »

Well I made my cell phone case with a snap and it works pretty well and it was fast to attach the snap.

What size/type snap did you use?  I tried snaps, but they were so tight I was afarid they would rip the knitting.  Maybe I used some that were too big?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinknut

Legolas Lives!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004 09:43:24 AM »

I'm not sure what size they are but they're not that big.  I usually have to to carefully open the snap so worrying about messing up the knitting really isn't a problem....however, if I really need to get it open fast I can pretty much just pull and it doesn't seem to be ripping or wrecking the yarn.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Gold Text Effect in Photoshop
How to Create a Panoramic Scene - Photoshop
How to Blend to objects Together - Photoshop
How to Create a Portrait Glow Effect - Photoshop
How to Add a Border in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...