A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tying pants (sort of instructions *tutorial* in a comment-post)  (Read 29291 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2005 12:01:37 PM »

- modified -
the pictures are gone, and they've been showing up weirdly since my domain host has gone over to the dark side, so I've removed the image link. Sorry. Sad

I'm leaving my posts in to get the entire thing in context anyways, since there's a nice explanatory pic on the second page by another kind craftster member Smiley

-old post-
Or whatchamacallem.

Tie em in the front, tie em in the back.. the sides are open. Extremely simple since all four pieces of half-leg are the same shape and size.

Unfortunantly I didn't think of taking photos where you can actually see the "opening" bit properly. They're supposed to go all around, so the opening is in the front and in the back with a lot of overlapping in between, but I made them smaller so they only overlap a little bit. Really comfy.

They're a perfect length atm, only problem is that I haven't hemmed them yet o_O

(I gave "verbal" instructions further down here, and Fidget kindly posted a good drawing of how they're made on 2nd page, though with two pieces rather than four like I did)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007 10:33:31 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005 12:16:51 PM »

Whoohoo Melladh! I have a pair of these pants and have been trying to make a pattern from them to no avail. Any chance of a tutorial? My comfy lovin' self would be mucho appreciative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005 12:21:32 PM »

Those look great!  About 15 years ago I bought a pair at a Renn Fest for $20 -- in hot pink ha-cha-cha-chaaah!  You know how all those Renn folk walked around in hot pink britches.  Roll Eyes  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005 12:32:15 PM »

Thank you Grin
These were extremely cheap, I got the fabric for about $4 per yard (and fabric tends to be really expensive here for some reason, so that was amazing)
I have no idea what Renn Fest is Grin *blames it on the being foreign bit*

Well, I did have a pattern, but then I abandoned it... what I did was that I took a pair of "bigger" pants that I already have, and folded in half (giving me the view of only one leg), so I'd be allowed to "pull out" the crotch bit for that pants shape... I drew the crotch bit from my pants (though maybe you want to cut that bit out more for more room, 'cause you don't get a perfect crotch template), plus a short way down the legs inner side (and up to the waist in the other direction). I might have added a bit on the top, to allow for more movement - it can always be hemmed down
The waist length of ONE of the four pieces is my entire waist circumference / 2 (though I subtracted a couple of centimeters more as well..).

The "outer" side is completely straight, so I just took the length from my waist and down to the floor for that bit, and completed the inner bit of the leg to match.

Made four bits, (two reverse) and then attached them first leg by leg, than attached the two resulting pieces in the crotch area. (hemmed the sides after this..) Made two bands of my waist circumference +60, and sowed onto the top of both pant-tops.

Done. Smiley Was that understandable at all?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005 03:38:38 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005 12:36:37 PM »

Dang, you're fast. Completely understandable, thank you much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005 12:39:21 PM »

Dang, you're fast.

I tend to live at the computer, so my writingspeed breaks the soundbarrier... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melikeyllamas

Meh Pup Izzie gettin a bath..

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005 01:52:35 PM »

LOVE EM' and i love the color of your room  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005 01:58:10 PM »

LOVE EM' and i love the color of your room  Tongue

Hehe thanks.. the walls are brighter IRL. Personally I wish the dude my lovey and I bought the appartment from hadn't decided to go with orange wallpaper in the livingroom.. Wink I don't like orange. But I have to admit it's a bit refreshing all the same... luckily enough the bedroom and the hallway are cold green, so it balances out the livingroom Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005 05:34:24 PM »

Ah...they look so comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005 06:58:03 PM »

I have no idea what Renn Fest is Grin *blames it on the being foreign bit*
Totally my fault!! Sorry for not being clear.  Renn Fest was short hand for Renaissance Festival. 

If I remember correctly, the pants I had were made of two pieces of material with just a seam in the crotch.  There was a draw string on the front piece and one on the back piece.  Tie the back part around your waist, then lift up the front and tie it in the back and now you're ready for your day.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Almond Shaped Eyes
How to Do Your Makeup in 5 Minutes
How to Wear Lace in Sumer
Can This Argan-Oil Cream Give Us Three Times The Volume?
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...