A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Denim Hat (img heavy)  (Read 13448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chattyKathi
« on: August 22, 2005 10:28:57 AM »

This is my first challenge entry I am so excited to be particpating. I made this hat from a pair of old jeans, I cut them up into strips and crocheted it. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/craftylady2/21aug2005037.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/craftylady2/21aug2005049.jpg
 It's pretty fragile because I cut some of the strips to thin,, but here is the finished product, if you can't tell there is a pom pom on top too!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/craftylady2/21aug2005082.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/craftylady2/21aug2005086.jpg

I had so much fun doing this, thanks for looking!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 01:54:44 PM by MissingWillow - Reason: Changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
chattyKathi
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005 11:23:31 AM »

does anyone have anything to say??? Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
Flareon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005 11:25:54 AM »

That must have been a lot of work.  It looks cute...and kind of like a muffin.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005 11:26:19 AM »

That's cool, I've been wanting to knit a purse with cut up jeans for a while. Do you think it would be hard to line it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ludo
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005 11:32:05 AM »

Hee hee-- I know how you feel! I posted my entry yesterday, and I kept checking every 5 minutes, all pouty because people were VIEWING but not posting...don't be sad! Think of how often (if you are like me, at least) you look at all the new projects, and say to yourself "Wow! That looks great!" but how rarely you probably actually post a reply. Luckily for me, a side discussion of the word "pram" got going in my project topic, so now I feel way better when I look at the "replies". Okay, I know, that's absurd, but true...it still makes me happy!

Anyway, on to the praise: Your hat is super cute, especially on! Don't fear too much about the fragile fabric strips. Some of mine were popping apart, and I would just tie a new knot. The texture of the bag has just gotten more interesting and unique as I pull two broken ends together and tie a new knot.

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005 12:54:57 PM »

Hee hee-- I know how you feel! I posted my entry yesterday, and I kept checking every 5 minutes, all pouty because people were VIEWING but not posting...don't be sad! Think of how often (if you are like me, at least) you look at all the new projects, and say to yourself "Wow! That looks great!" but how rarely you probably actually post a reply.

Ha! That's pretty funny, I was doing the same thing when I posted my little string mittens yesterday, since it was my first ever picture post... and in fact, ludo, I looked at your bag and thought, "wow, that's groovy", but didn't post, just like you described.

And chattykathi, I think your hat is v. fun! It does look like a muffin- or maybe a lovely yummy soft blue cupcake. mmm.... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
ILiveForJesus
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005 12:58:28 PM »

cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005 01:11:45 PM »

awww thanks for the replies guys! and Ludo you are right I do the same thing look at everything but don't always post. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
SassyJ
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005 01:24:58 PM »

Hi Kat!  I LOVE it!  It's so adorable.  I sent the link to my mom...you are so crafty my friend! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005 02:20:31 PM »

thanks Sassy! but I really sit in awe of the other posters here!they have all done a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Full Brow Tutorial
Day to Night Makeup Tutorial with Cynthia Rowley Beauty
Birchbox Sneak Peek: November 2013
Best Self Tanners For Fair to Dark Skin Tones
Body Shaming The Curvy Girls
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...