A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wrist band frenzy!  (Read 52868 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firepixie
ska-gypsy, my favorite colors are jingly and checkerboard

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2004 08:01:43 PM »

how did you do those little skulls?Huh they are mucho cute!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

once upon a time in the land of flowers and rhyme and living was easy with eyes wide open a young girl flew all about the world shutting her eyes and smiling for no reason- Jke "the lost poet" johnson
viburnum
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2004 08:07:16 PM »

scandibird, im not sure if i said it already or not, but just run into your post again, and wanted to tell you i really love those wrist bands Grin
tnx for posting the links for the flowers and those patterns for the skull and heart Smiley all i need now is just time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsypansy
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2004 05:40:57 AM »

soooooo cute! i just had to make some myself! I had a zillion different color sheets of felt and i didnt know what to do with them! now i do!! here are some of mine!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scandibird
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2004 03:58:19 PM »

Firepixie, there is an explanation on one of the earlier pages of this thread of how I did them.

artsypansy How cool!!  Smiley I was *just* saying to Joeyjojo that I wished more people would post theirs 'cause it's so much fun seeing the results of having inspired people!!! They look soo good! I think using velcro is probably a better solution because they would be a better fit than with snaps.

Anyone else got any pics, then???  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joeyjojo666

Long Live Godzilla.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2004 08:50:10 PM »

Alright alright already!! I'm going to post some pics. of my wristbands for cryin' out loud. It's been a while since I've inserted a photo, so bare with me. Here is the link to my stuff:

All but the polka dot one is made out of this soft fuzzy wool felt that I bought at Craft Warehouse. I just did the ol' button stitch around the edges with embroidery thread and then stitched these things called  "lazy daisies" in the middle of the band. Oh, and then a cute little 2-toned bead was used for the flower centers. The polka dot one is made out of big fat ribbon that I've had forever.

I am happy with the designs because their not perfect dammit. The stitching is a bit uneven in spots and I think it adds to the charm.

To make the ends of the bands more sturdy I folded them over and glued them (after centering & sewing the sew-on snaps) with this cool, thick glue called "No Sew" it rocks cause you don't have to keep applying it. Felt is a pain in the tookus to glue and this is the only thing I've found that works. 

Okay guys, I'm ready for the feedback.

PS- thank you scandibird for making me get up off my scanner and submit these!
-Joey
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004 08:53:56 PM by joeyjojo666 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my latest stuff visit my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=727

Also featured at:
http://www.ilikeseamonsters.com/catalog/
scandibird
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2004 06:44:56 AM »

Joey, I'm glad you've now posted them... they're gorgeous!!!  Shocked I <3 the red one! 'No Sew' sounds awesome!!! I wish I had some... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elbow in the spine
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2004 03:46:49 PM »

so i just made a skull one... thanks for the awesome idea... only problem is now that i have it on my wrist i feel like the snaps are going to fall apart once i try to take it off... guess i'll hav eot think of something else, that velcro looks like a good idea...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joeyjojo666

Long Live Godzilla.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2004 11:27:55 PM »

Hey guys, I have more completed felt cuffs. I think the most satisfying thing with these is that I can sit my butt down and finish one (or several) in one sitting. This is a picture of my latest:

I will describe from L-R: The first one is pink wool felt (1.5" wide) with black button or blanket stitch around the edges.And what is that I see in the center?? Why yes, it's those ever present, ever multiplying picture marbles! I used this groovy wrapping paper w/ 2 girls faces and a "Diva" marble in the center.
The next one is red felt with cheetoh-orange DMC thread on the edges.Then I cut out felt circles and glued them on, then came cute tiny little mirrors. It's probably hard to see, but they're there.
The last one is pink felt with this real pertty periwinkle blue thread. Then I added these swirly designed blue/lavendar paper marbles for the focal points. 

Oh, and what did I use for my adhesive you may wonder. "No Sew" glue. This product is rapidly becoming my best friend.

*Things that I'm learning as I go: 2 snaps to the sides are better than one in the middle, more sturdy and sits on the wrist without twisting. I have tried the sew on velcro circles, but they don't look as clean & neat as the snaps.
I would only recommend 3 marbles across the felt cuffs, 4 is a bit too heavy for the felt to support. (kinda sags, but man it looks cool!)

I would love some feedback/ suggestions.

Thanks,
Joey

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Also featured at:
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2004 09:27:50 AM »

those look great, joey. in the future you could try the plastic marbles, they wouldn't be so heavy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joeyjojo666

Long Live Godzilla.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2004 06:22:13 PM »

quarkiegirl: Thank you, that's an excellent idea. I even have some of those little buggers around here...somewhere...

-Joey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Also featured at:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GirlProps, Soho - NYC, New York
How to Do Your Highlights At Home
Celebrities Hair Stylist Ted Gibson Interview
Hair Style- Ted Gibson- Lela Rose- Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Hair at Betsey Johnson - Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...