A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
796 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 93451 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2005 12:32:02 AM »

I adore Simply Soft, which is what I think night_owl said she was using as well.  I'm not sure that there is a gryffindor gold color, though...

ishy is correct, I did use simply soft.  I love using acrylic because it's machine washable but most of the time it itches me more than wool.  However simply soft is just that, simply soft Smiley  I made a ravenclaw scarf (movie version, book version will hopefully be in the works soon) and used "grey heather" and I think "dark navy".  I'm not to sure about other colors though Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
ishy
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2005 04:13:49 AM »

Nope, it's lovely and very fast stockinette.  I'm, going to post what I have so far a bit later, as soon as I can find where the camera is...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ishy
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2005 06:15:44 AM »

Here's what I have so far. Mine's also with simply soft. It will probably take me the whole month and a half until GoF to finish it.  It's not the greatest pic since it's with my phone, but I couldn't find the camera....

« Last Edit: October 03, 2005 06:17:42 AM by ishy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2005 05:51:43 PM »

I didn't do the knit-a-long but I did the atypically Knitt Gryffindor scarf last spring for a friend who works at Barnes and Noble and was working the HP book launch. Smiley

I did 15 stripes instead of 19 because it was just getting too long...and who wants to knit a scarf the first week in July? (spring turned into summer...jeez was it boring to do!)

Here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.e tsy.com Thanks Smiley
xoxcitylovexox

Hi my name is Jessica I have a yarn buying problem

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2005 05:56:55 PM »

I didn't do the knit-a-long but I did the atypically Knitt Gryffindor scarf last spring for a friend who works at Barnes and Noble and was working the HP book launch. Smiley

I did 15 stripes instead of 19 because it was just getting too long...and who wants to knit a scarf the first week in July? (spring turned into summer...jeez was it boring to do!)

Here it is:

im using the same pattern, i think i might do the same and not do all 19 stripes..its already at my waist when i put it around my neck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nineightohone

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2005 06:00:16 PM »

im using the same pattern, i think i might do the same and not do all 19 stripes..its already at my waist when i put it around my neck

Yeah, it comes out huge. Plus, I used bigger sized needles I think than what it called for...and really cheap yarn. *cough* it cost me 8 bucks to make.

THEN I got a request to make another just like it in Steeler's colors.

Argh the boredom. Smiley

Oh well. I changed what I cast on and how many rows so it's going faster. I'm already halfway done with that one and I really only started it last week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

_Steph_
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2005 09:22:24 PM »

Thank you!  And one more question... when knitting with circular needles, how is it that you get a stockinette stitch when you're just knitting and not purling at all?  Shouldn't that end up being a garter stitch?

No, because you are technically doing one continuous, never-ending (or so it seems after 14 repeats, LOL) row. If you were on straight needles and you were knitting every row you'd have to stop at the end of the row, turn your needles and work the other direction. But with circulars, you only work in ONE direction. You are always moving forward, not back and forth like on straights. Does that make sense? (I am a bad explainer, LOL.)

You'll see once you get started - honestly the only tough part is wrapping your brain around that very first join, then it'll all be clear, lol! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
Rosebridejaya

Imagine all the people... Living life in peace.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2005 10:37:18 PM »

You know, I was just wondering about that.  I think I'm going to run out of yarn around stripe 16 or so...but I really wanted to do all 19.  How long is yours?  It was so hard for me to find this yarn I might just have to settle with 16.  I just hope it's long enough... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always look on the bright side of life... *whistles*
xoxcitylovexox

Hi my name is Jessica I have a yarn buying problem

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2005 05:06:40 AM »

You know, I was just wondering about that.  I think I'm going to run out of yarn around stripe 16 or so...but I really wanted to do all 19.  How long is yours?  It was so hard for me to find this yarn I might just have to settle with 16.  I just hope it's long enough... Undecided

i actually ended up getting my yarn at AC Moore on sale...i think it might have cost me $15 for three skeins of both the gold and burgundy...i guess i just got lucky when i was looking for my yarn huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nineightohone

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2005 05:42:12 AM »

Well i sent it off the morning after I finished and never quite measured it but I want to say around 6 ft long. I know for sure it was taller than me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nail The Nude Manicure Like A Pro!
50s Pin Up Makeup Tutorial
Sneak Peek: Birchbox January 2014
Top 5 Winter Beauty Essentials
Glitter Lid Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...