A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 93785 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pookiepal25
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2005 05:42:19 PM »

So I thought I would completely throw out the Ravenclaw notion of a scarf... until I realized that I should make a SS/COS scarf instead...

Smiley So I'm back in the game!

I am also starting a HP knitalong on my dorm floor... Hooray for finding more HP/Knitting fans (who are also education majors!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_Steph_
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2005 06:15:55 PM »

Day 7 of the scarf-along...
I have 9 repeats done! Well actually I am 8 rows away from having that 9th one done...

But still - woowoooo!! Smiley

Here is a dark, dark picture of it - you can't see the whole thing because I am such a skilled photographer... <laughs>

So I thought I would completely throw out the Ravenclaw notion of a scarf... until I realized that I should make a SS/COS scarf instead...

Smiley So I'm back in the game!

I am also starting a HP knitalong on my dorm floor... Hooray for finding more HP/Knitting fans (who are also education majors!)

Yay for making the scarf again, and yay for having a scarf posse at your dorm! Smiley That's awesome!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 01:55:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2005 09:50:44 PM »

that looks great steph!! And such a speedy knitter too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
HeyLiz
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2005 11:59:35 PM »

Here are some more progress pics from me. Since the pictures were taken i've done the third trapped bar. My boyfriend thought it would be fun to take a picture of me knitting in the park  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005 12:03:06 AM by HeyLiz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
_Steph_
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005 07:08:49 AM »

Thanks cathou! And HeyLiz, yours looks great too!
I confess - I can't WAIT for this scarf to be done, I am tired of looking at it, LOL! 9 down, 5 to go - then I start all over again for hubby! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
mayerlove
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005 08:36:14 PM »

awww you guys are making me want to knit a scarf. but i told myself i would wear a sweater more... so i'm doing a slytherin sweater i THINK. not sure....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
geetar!
Elivs reincarnate

we should have shotguns for this

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2005 12:24:31 AM »

Hey there guys! I am keen to start this knitalong and I have all the supplies listed  at atyprically.knit, but I am having trouble getting started on it *I'm doing the harry potter PoA one btw* is there anywhere I can get more detailed instructions, seeing as I am a noive at this whole tube procedure. Thanks in advance!
-Hannah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amore,
Hannah

me amo craftster!
_Steph_
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005 05:53:12 AM »

You mean knitting in the round? Well, cast on, then, once you have cast on, go ahead and knit the first and last CO stitches together. So, you'd slide your CO stitches so that they made a U shape and were on both sides of the needle - then, pretend it's the middle of a row and just knit 'em together... place a marker or a piece of string tied in a loop at that spot, and you'll be on your way! Did that make sense?
You can also go to www.knittinghelp.co m and look up knitting circular - she has great videos...

Good Luck, and I can't wait to see progress pics! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005 07:11:11 AM »

I think if you knit the first and cast on stitch together you need to make sure you cast on an extra stitch to ensure the right amount of stitches b/c directions generally tell you to cast on for the number of stitches knit total.  It doesn't make much of a difference for a scarf but for a sweater or something more precise.  Does that make sense? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2005 08:56:42 AM »

You mean knitting in the round? Well, cast on, then, once you have cast on, go ahead and knit the first and last CO stitches together.

I didn't know you did that when knitting in the round.  It makes sense..it would make the first round neater, but I just hadn't been doing it and I had been sewing the little gap up after I finished.  I shouldn't make more scarves but I've seen the ones people have made here and I think maybe I will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
French Salted Caramel Macaroon Recipe
Lemon Bar Recipe
Orange Jello Slice Recipe
Homemade Waffle Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake With Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...