A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 95498 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_Steph_
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005 09:04:32 PM »

I am making the movie version, I like those colors better. So far I am about 25 rows in, LOL - I'm praying I have it done by November!

Steph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
_Steph_
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005 05:42:47 PM »

I should post a picture of how far I have gotten, I am so proud! Okay so I'm only on the 2nd repeat - hey, I have twins and an 8 yr old, LOL! It is looking very cool, I can't wait to finish it! By my calculations, I should be done in 2 weeks, if I get one repeat done per day... (Gee, tough calculations, LOL...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005 10:42:05 AM »

I just finished mine. It's a PoA Griffindor scarf knitted with some 100% wool I found at my lys. I used the atypically pattern except that I have 11 repeats instead of 14 because I ran out of yarn.
here's a picture
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 01:51:31 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005 10:54:04 AM »

I have to say, the fringe in the PoA scarfs in the movie are ugly, in my opinion.  too short.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005 12:26:32 PM »

Gorgeous!!!!  You did a great job. 

I can't wear the Gryff colors since they are the same as my college alma mater..........it just seems weird especially since I had no school spirit and feel bitterness whenever I write that student loan check.  But it looks so fabulous on you that I am reconsidering my opinion.........but I am Ravenclaw kind of gal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

populuxa
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005 12:31:53 PM »

Cathou - that looks great!

I know the PoA scarves are really long - how long will it take to knit?  I am already working on an Orangina and have some xmas projects on deck -- do you think I can finish one by November??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeyLiz
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005 03:02:39 PM »

That's what I'm concerned about aswell. the time it will take to knit. If theres no way I can make 2 by november I'm just going to make a different version with bigger needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_Steph_
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 05:42:38 PM »

To give you an idea of the time... although you'll be the judge of your own speed...

I am doing the PoA scarf on size 8 circulars with worsted weight yarn, I CO 90 sts and it is going to be about 12 inches wide. I sit down a few times a day and do a few rows, and then at night, while I watch my fave shows, I get more done - I estimate that I am doing at least one pattern repeat (which to me is the 27 rows MC, 3 rows CC, 5 rows MC, 3 rows CC ) per day - meaning, provided I knit this much each day, it'll take me 2 weeks. (There are 14 repeats.)

So, once I finish mine, I **might** do one for my daughter - but then again, I might just make her the original version on larger needles. Not the same, but close enough for her, as I know she won't care, she's only 8! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005 06:03:54 PM »

A scarf is totally do-able by Nov 2nd.  So go for it..............there is no time like the present, besides, if Hermione could fit into her schedule so can you.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Steph_
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005 06:33:38 PM »

I hit a snag, waahhh! I broke my needle (it was a cheapo from JoAnn's, the tip broke) and I replaced it tonight with a set of Takumi bamboos, but they are so sticky and I hate them! I am sort of thinking I will get some aluminum ones, I need speed here!! LOL...

Plus, I think I could have done 70 sts like the one pattern called for, and it would have been fine - but 90 I cast, and 90 I shall sow. LOL!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sriracha Side Dish with Bok Choy
A Tasty Sashimi Tuna Tostada Appetizer
How to Make Homemade Sushi
5 Traditional Dishes for the Chinese New Year
How to Make Traditional Chinese Dumplings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...