A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 93113 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_Steph_
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005 09:04:32 PM »

I am making the movie version, I like those colors better. So far I am about 25 rows in, LOL - I'm praying I have it done by November!

Steph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
_Steph_
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005 05:42:47 PM »

I should post a picture of how far I have gotten, I am so proud! Okay so I'm only on the 2nd repeat - hey, I have twins and an 8 yr old, LOL! It is looking very cool, I can't wait to finish it! By my calculations, I should be done in 2 weeks, if I get one repeat done per day... (Gee, tough calculations, LOL...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005 10:42:05 AM »

I just finished mine. It's a PoA Griffindor scarf knitted with some 100% wool I found at my lys. I used the atypically pattern except that I have 11 repeats instead of 14 because I ran out of yarn.
here's a picture
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 01:51:31 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005 10:54:04 AM »

I have to say, the fringe in the PoA scarfs in the movie are ugly, in my opinion.  too short.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005 12:26:32 PM »

Gorgeous!!!!  You did a great job. 

I can't wear the Gryff colors since they are the same as my college alma mater..........it just seems weird especially since I had no school spirit and feel bitterness whenever I write that student loan check.  But it looks so fabulous on you that I am reconsidering my opinion.........but I am Ravenclaw kind of gal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

populuxa
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005 12:31:53 PM »

Cathou - that looks great!

I know the PoA scarves are really long - how long will it take to knit?  I am already working on an Orangina and have some xmas projects on deck -- do you think I can finish one by November??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeyLiz
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005 03:02:39 PM »

That's what I'm concerned about aswell. the time it will take to knit. If theres no way I can make 2 by november I'm just going to make a different version with bigger needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_Steph_
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 05:42:38 PM »

To give you an idea of the time... although you'll be the judge of your own speed...

I am doing the PoA scarf on size 8 circulars with worsted weight yarn, I CO 90 sts and it is going to be about 12 inches wide. I sit down a few times a day and do a few rows, and then at night, while I watch my fave shows, I get more done - I estimate that I am doing at least one pattern repeat (which to me is the 27 rows MC, 3 rows CC, 5 rows MC, 3 rows CC ) per day - meaning, provided I knit this much each day, it'll take me 2 weeks. (There are 14 repeats.)

So, once I finish mine, I **might** do one for my daughter - but then again, I might just make her the original version on larger needles. Not the same, but close enough for her, as I know she won't care, she's only 8! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005 06:03:54 PM »

A scarf is totally do-able by Nov 2nd.  So go for it..............the re is no time like the present, besides, if Hermione could fit into her schedule so can you.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Steph_
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005 06:33:38 PM »

I hit a snag, waahhh! I broke my needle (it was a cheapo from JoAnn's, the tip broke) and I replaced it tonight with a set of Takumi bamboos, but they are so sticky and I hate them! I am sort of thinking I will get some aluminum ones, I need speed here!! LOL...

Plus, I think I could have done 70 sts like the one pattern called for, and it would have been fine - but 90 I cast, and 90 I shall sow. LOL!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Paul Byrd
The Pop-Up Yellow Square Book Trailer
21 Nights Book Trailer Short Version
Andrew Clements Talks About Nora Rowley Part 1
Meet Joan and Maddy Lambur
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...